Thread: Some random question

Default Some random question

''What about those towels!''. That pops in my mind way to much during games.

So, this is in some way serious. I want to get rid of it lol. Even though the question is, well, quite strange, can someone who visits the games in person tell me the following. Its hard to notice on tv..And it keeps popping up in my mind.. Please don't ask why. Its idiotic and i wish it didn't happen :P

Those towels they hand out to the players during timeouts, do they get a new one every time the towel boy hands one over. Is it like they have a huge bag of towels somewhere, or do they get dirty random towels or like 2 per person the whole game and the towel boy knows witch one per player?

Oh yeah, some more now i'm at it..

Are those guys employees of the Pacers organization? And do they do some other stuff to, like helping during all trainings sessions etc, besides handing over drinks and water? Would be a neat thing to do when being young.

And what about that guy screaming the 5,4,3 etc to count down the shot clock? Is it the same person every time (sounds like it). I guess it should be. Maybe a trainer or assistant with a loud, familiar voice?
    Last edited by DEEman; 01-22-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Some random question

Quote Originally Posted by DEEman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ''What about those towels!''. Thats pops in my mind way to much during games.

So, this is in some way serious. I want to get rid of it lol. Even though the question is, well, quite strange, can someone who visits the games in person tell me the following. Its hard to notice on tv..And it keeps popping up in my mind.. Please don't ask why. Its idiotic and i wish it didn't happen :P

Those towels they hand out to the players during timeouts, do they get a new one every time the towel boy hands one over. Is it like they have a huge bag of towels somewhere, or do they get dirty random towels or like 2 per person the whole game and the towel boy knows witch one per player?

Oh yeah, some more now i'm at it..

Are those guys employees of the Pacers organization? And do they do some other stuff to, like helping during all trainings sessions etc, besides handing over drinks and water? Would be a neat thing to do when being young.

And what about that guy screaming the 5,4,3 etc to count down the shot clock? Is it the same person every time (sounds like it). I guess it should be. Maybe a trainer or assistant with a loud, familiar voice?
    They have a very large amount of them, generally, they will be used once, and then they will get a new one. You will see ballboys walking back a lot of the time to grab more towels.

Ball Boys are employees of Pacers Sports and Entertainment, Yes.
    No, they don't do anything else that isn't directly related to game night.

No idea on the 5,4,3, probably an assistant coach whose job it is to notice that kind of thing?
    @qandrews9428

3. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post

No idea on the 5,4,3, probably an assistant coach whose job it is to notice that kind of thing?
    Interesting. I always thought it was Vogel.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ErikD. View Post
    Interesting. I always thought it was Vogel.
    Pure speculation on my part. You could be right as well.
    @qandrews9428