Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lance's "Flop" - $5,000

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: Lance's "Flop" - $5,000

This is just another reason why Pacers won't win a championship. NBA is so rigged, very few flopping fines have been served, yet its all around the league. Lebron is the King of flopping and the world has went so far as to call it Lebroning. But just how many fines has Lebron had for flopping? Lebron doesn't apply to rules and it doesn't stop with Lebron.

The Pacers will have to absolutely crush the heat to get past them in the playoffs.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo

Higher res of the entire play

Klay clearly shoved him, did he slip or did he flop, he probably flopped but he was fouled.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the problem. You are saying before anything has happened that if Lebron doesn't have a fine for a flop that he hasn't committed yet, it's a crock.

That, my friend, is exactly what everyone is accusing the NBA of with Lance. TARGETING.
    Completely opposite. LeBron being fined wouldn't prove targeting, it would prove that the rules were being evenly applied. Lance getting warned/fined while LeBron keeps on flopping away proves targeting.

And it's really not just LeBron. This is the NBA sending Lance a message, because let's be real, he flops all the time. I just have a problem with selective enforcement. If it's not going to be applied evenly, then take away the rule.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-22-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

"Superstars" have always been given leeway with the rules in the NBA. Call it the Globe Trotter rules. It got waaaay out of hand during the coronation of MJ and has gotten worse as the years and new stars roll along. One of my pet peeves is the "two step rule" which for LBJ and several others has become 2 steps and a gather step or about 15 feet of traveling on the way to the basket.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post

Klay clearly shoved him, did he slip or did he flop, he probably flopped but he was fouled.
    If that is a foul a whistle should be blowing about every 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post

what has not been noted is that he was wearing the special edition roller-skates version of his shoes for the game

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    what has not been noted is that he was wearing the special edition roller-skates version of his shoes for the game
    Didn't he just sign a new deal with Heelys?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I was thinking about going through and clipping together all of the falls to make one keystone cops reel from that game.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Technically I believe it was not a flop by the NBA's own definition. First off, there was a definite arm push, but more importantly, Lance fell down, then got back up. According to the NBA, it is only a flop if the player tries to get a fouled called. This would mean anytime any player flailed there arms while driving, it's a flop. However, in this case Lance does nothing to try and get a foul called, hence it cannot, by NBA definition, be a flop.
    Danger Zone

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Sure, Lance flops sometimes. But that hardly looked like one to me. Pick your battles better, Stern.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Would people be happier if the league was publicizing one of his flailing, helicopter twirling flops where he ends up "injured" until he gets the ball back on offense? They chose this one as a PR favor to Lance and the Pacers.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Would people be happier if the league was publicizing one of his flailing, helicopter twirling flops where he ends up "injured" until he gets the ball back on offense? They chose this one as a PR favor to Lance and the Pacers.
    I think you might be right there. His flopping needed to be addressed. Having it come on this particular play only helps the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Lance flops all the time... but has Lebron ever received one of these fines?
    yeah, i mean it's not that i am angry that he got fined. he does flop quite a bit but, seriously, lebron as well as wade and battier flop a bunch as well and somehow, they manage to escape these punishments. curious thing that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    If that is a foul a whistle should be blowing about every 5 seconds.
    exactly. i see those situations dozens of times in a game. lance should not of gone to the ground from that. it was a flop. and by the rules, it should be fined. but, i also agree with those who allege uneven enforcement.

I agree with those who say that wasn't a flop. It would be hard to flop like that... his feet go out from under him and he lands on his tailbone. That's not how you flop. It makes more sense that he slipped on the super-wax that apparently coated the entire floor. Also it's clear he wasn't trying to sell a foul. He fell, got up, and was ready to keep playing.

But he does flop sometimes. I don't mind the NBA telling him to cut it out, even if this particular play isn't a good example of him flopping.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It doesn't look like a flop to me. During the game the NBATV commentators commented many times about how many players had slipped and fallen throughout the game. They went through several scenarios trying to figure out if it was the purple shoes that was causing them to fall or the new circles painted on the court that commemorated MLK Day.

Whatever it was the NBA should be fined $5,000 for putting the players at risk of injury. It's a miracle Stephen Curry's ankles were able to hold up all night.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

I was initially pleased when I first learned they would be warning and fining people for flops.

Then I realized there was no obvious consistency to it. Now it's just noise to me. I mean Miami should be getting hammered with fines, if they really wanted to stop flopping.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Will be interesting to hear if the new commish adheres to the same policy as the former one. Mario Chalmers flopped blatantly in the Clipper game televised on ESPN. JVG called it out, Breen made mention Chalmers as already rec'd a warning.

I don't watch MIA all that often, but LeBron is a crybaby and the rest of his teammates follow suit. I hope if these two teams meet in the ECF that the officiating is consistent both ways.

He is reacting on a elbow.. He takes advantage of it by kicking his feet in the air and fall beautifull backwards..But when that is called flopping, they are going to earn some nice extra cash from now on..
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

Still waiting for Lebron's warning(s) for this double flop...

Lebron is so generous. Gave us twice the fun on that play...

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post

And there goes Violet Palmer buying like it's Black Friday.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Will be interesting to hear if the new commish adheres to the same policy as the former one. Mario Chalmers flopped blatantly in the Clipper game televised on ESPN. JVG called it out, Breen made mention Chalmers as already rec'd a warning.

I don't watch MIA all that often, but LeBron is a crybaby and the rest of his teammates follow suit. I hope if these two teams meet in the ECF that the officiating is consistent both ways.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post

If Lebron did not make it as a basketball player he would have been a fantastic WWE superstar. The selling of those "elbows" was fantastic.