Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Warriors Post Game Thread

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Warriors Post Game Thread

Ya Scola was getting hacked and bumped like crazy, no call.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance, it was the type of night that I was sitting there pulling my hair out and then scaring the crap outta the dogs in celebration. I think his last three pretty much summed it up, "no no no no why did you HOLY **** IT WENT IN!"
    I said the same thing in the game thread, thinking I was original. Then 8 other people said the same thing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I feel like I'm usually pretty positive, so I hope this doesn't wreck my rep. There were two things I hated about the game last night.

1. What the crap was up with that floor? They kept talking about the decals, which was ridiculous when guys were falling over everywhere on the court. That was seriously messed up; I've never seen anything like it. I quit hoping for a win and started hoping for us to make it through without an injury.

2. If they'd called illegal screens last night, we might have shot 100 free throws. Almost every Warriors play featured a moving screen.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I thought last night really shouldn't have been close, but was the perfect storm of a gimmicky offense, a bad floor, just plain weird officiating, Paul George flipping 1st and 2nd halves, and Lance/Hill forgetting to slow down the offense...so we had a ballgame. I would have been pissed if the Pacers lost, frankly, because they were clearly the better team on the floor in my eyes.

As I said in the game thread: I really like Steph Curry and Klay Thompson. Really, not patronizing, would love to have either in the blue & gold. But I hate the Warriors as a team. I think they run a totally unsustainable gimmick offense that's good for occasional TNT features, but will get them nowhere in the playoffs, and it's annoying to see them capitalize on such gimmick execution vs your team when you know ultimately, it goes nowhere.

Basically, the Warriors are totally reliant on the three point shot and their home arena to fuel them. Their go-to, must-have shot is a contested Steph Curry three. Have fun with that in the playoffs.

I also hate how fake tough they are. I'm sure people say the same about the Pacers, and I'm sure this is a product of a rivalry between Pacers and a team much better than I'm giving them credit for. But it seems like they're always trying to start something they know they can't/won't finish. Like...Curry vs Lance? Really, Steph?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Like...Curry vs Lance? Really, Steph?
    Last year was even worse with Curry vs Hibbert. Muahahaha. Remember how Roy pushed him away like a rag doll?

Also, love the fact the team keeps getting recognition from almost everywhere each passing day.

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hibbert was the MVP of that game. He was extremely efficient on the offensive end of the court and rebounded like crazy. Most importantly, he completely disrupted Golden State on the defensive end. God only knows how many shots he altered. PG and Lance have gotten most of the hype this year for obvious reasons, but everything on this team starts with Hibbert's suffocating interior defense. It sets the tone for what we do. Lance and PG are able to push it on fastbreaks because Hibbert creates so many misses at the rim.

Hill made played good D on Curry and came up with that clutch three. 15 points on just 8 shots. He's just such a solid basketball player. Sure we haven't needed him as much on offense this year because of the explosions from Lance and PG, but he is still a very good player who can step up when needed. I'm glad he's on our team.

Lance's shot selection was absolutely hideous and he had a couple of really dumb turnovers. But the guy still ended up with 14/10/7 and hit that clutch three. He's a fearless player. Sometimes that means he's going to do some dumb stuff, but more often than not it has translated to winning plays this season. His best attribute might be how he comes up with those offensive rebounds and put backs.

PG hit some absolutely beautiful shots. I'm glad he got out of that slump.

Scola certainly was sloppy on the offensive end, but he still came up with 6 rebounds. He always hustles out there.

Mahinmi was extremely solid off the bench.

Overall, that was just a great win. GS wanted that game badly. Winning a road game out west against a good team like GS is always difficult to do. That was definitely one of the better wins this season. 33-7. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-21-2014 at 09:35 AM.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I have come to realize that Roy Hibbert's number of block shots he averages per game is a rather meaningless stat. He directly alters a lot of shots. But even more than that he keeps teams out of the paint entirely. They often don't even try to score in the paint. They settle for the 15 ft jumper if they can get it.

The only way to fully realize Roy's overall impact is to watch the game, but you probably also have to watch the opponent play other teams to fully realize how Roy changes their offense.

(Not to give Roy all the credit, our entire defense takes away what teams like to do)
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-21-2014 at 10:09 AM.

14. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I have come to realize that Roy Hibbert's number of block shots he averages per game is a rather meaningless stat. He directly alters a lot of shots. But even more than that he keeps teams out of the paint intirely. They often don't even try to score in the paint. They settle for the 15 ft jumper if they can get it.

The only way to fully realize Roy's overall impact is to watch the game, but you probably also have to watch the opponent play other teams and realize how Roy changes how opponents change their offense.
    Watching Hibbert is extra special for those of us who were watching during his rookie season in 08-09. I remember when it seemed like he would pick up two fouls after being in the game for about 30 seconds. The way that Hibbert has turned into an elite interior defender without fouling is one of the most remarkable things I've ever witnessed as a Pacer fan. Major credit to Hibbert and the coaching staff who obviously spent countless hours on this.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Honestly, Scola's offensive troubles were a direct result of Lance. I think Lance only got him in the Pick and Pop 2-3 times. Instead of Lance running some offense wiht Scola, he dribbled the all and ISO'd all game long. If he would have ran the offense like normal, he would of had that triple double and it would have been a blow out. Vogel needs to reel him in. Lance is thinking too much about All-star game.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

I have come to realize that Roy Hibbert's number of block shots he averages per game is a rather meaningless stat. He directly alters a lot of shots. But even more than that he keeps teams out of the paint intirely. They often don't even try to score in the paint. They settle for the 15 ft jumper if they can get it.

The only way to fully realize Roy's overall impact is to watch the game, but you probably also have to watch the opponent play other teams and realize how Roy changes how opponents change their offense.
    Didn't CWebb say that they counted 8 "invisible" blocks before halftime? The Warriors attempted 15 shots in the paint in the first half, just to give a count on the number of shots that was probably against.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I feel like I'm usually pretty positive, so I hope this doesn't wreck my rep. There were two things I hated about the game last night.

1. What the crap was up with that floor? They kept talking about the decals, which was ridiculous when guys were falling over everywhere on the court. That was seriously messed up; I've never seen anything like it. I quit hoping for a win and started hoping for us to make it through without an injury.

2. If they'd called illegal screens last night, we might have shot 100 free throws. Almost every Warriors play featured a moving screen.
    Those moving screens were driving me absolutely nuts...why do they not call them? While I'm at it, whens the last time I saw travel called?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Didn't CWebb say that they counted 8 "invisible" blocks before halftime? The Warriors attempted 15 shots in the paint in the first half, just to give a count on the number of shots that was probably against.
    I have not watched the halftime show yet.

I do know Chris and Quinn like to use the stat that opponents shoot like 40% in the paint against us when most teams normally shoot 70% in the paint against other teams. (I forget the exact numbers)

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

This...I know there tends to be a little leeway with this but last night took it to new heights...highlighted by a few times at the very top of the circle you had Bogut literally taking two or 3 steps either left or right to stay between Curry and G. Hill til Steph got a shot off....unbelievable...reminded me of the old Knicks where they fouled you every single time down the floor knowing the officials werent going to call a foul every single time

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

I got a good chuckle out of TNT replaying the moving screen on Bogut in the 4th, right before he went to the bench saying they bumped knees, and saying "yeah, that's possibly a moving screen." All you had to do was look at how wide his feet were. They're supposed to be no wider than shoulder width, and Bogut was pretty much spread eagle. It's really not that hard of a call.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I got a good chuckle out of TNT replaying the moving screen on Bogut in the 4th, right before he went to the bench saying they bumped knees, and saying "yeah, that's possibly a moving screen." All you had to do was look at how wide his feet were. They're supposed to be no wider than shoulder width, and Bogut was pretty much spread eagle. It's really not that hard of a call.
    GOtta love how Steve Kerr all throughout the game saying "that maybe this" or "might be this" or "Might be a tough call" Just call it what it is Steve!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was watching Scola in particular last night and was disturbed to see how poorly he was moving. When he rec'd the ball he was gaurded so closely that he couldn't move, it appeared as though he had skis on his feet.

During the Post Game show they listed the Pacers next four games and each time Barkley injected "WIN" basically he projected us sweeping this roadtrip. Ain't gonna happen but I liked hearing him say it.
    Last edited by indygeezer; 01-21-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post

During the Post Game show they listed the Pacers next four games and each time Barkley injected "WIN" basically he projected us sweeping this roadtrip. Ain't gonna happen but I liked hearing him say it.
    Barkley should just start wearing some Pacers merch on the set. He loves us.

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Such a good win on the road when the time faced adversity in the 4th and they were able to regroup and win the game. This is a special team
    "We want Miami"

I have come to realize that Roy Hibbert's number of block shots he averages per game is a rather meaningless stat. He directly alters a lot of shots. But even more than that he keeps teams out of the paint entirely. They often don't even try to score in the paint. They settle for the 15 ft jumper if they can get it.

The only way to fully realize Roy's overall impact is to watch the game, but you probably also have to watch the opponent play other teams to fully realize how Roy changes their offense.

(Not to give Roy all the credit, our entire defense takes away what teams like to do)
    It really is amazing. I was telling my son last night that Roy is like Mike Tyson was in his prime (not that I liked Tyson). The very best in the sport were simply scared of him.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    In a nutshell what I str8t am saying is, I would take Rondo/ re-sign Granger/ and a first rounder over signing Lance for 12+Million.
    Not sure I get your math on this. You do realize Rondo makes 13 million next year right?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:

Chris Webber specifically called this out last night. He called them "phantom blocks".

Play of the game for me was George Hill stopping the 2 on 1 fast break vs Steph Curry and Klay Thompson. Those are two REALLY good offensive players, and G. Hill single-handedly stopped both of them. That's an incredibly difficult thing to do. If I recall correctly, a basket there would have also given them their first lead and the crowd which was already going nuts would have exploded.

Also I was really happy with Dr. Watts play in the first half when GH was benched for foul trouble. He ran Curry off a ton of screens and really made him work on the defensive end, which I think wore him out and slowed him down on the other side of the floor. Overall just great contributions from both our PG's last night.

Sports Logo

George Hills is a way better defender than we give him credit for. Little Curry has a heck of a quick release but hill really bothered him all night. On top of that he hit a HUGE 3 he along with West are the two guys I want taking the last shot for us. When PG was dribbling the clock down I just knew he was going to cough it up and sure enough he did. That is one area he really needs to work on. But Hill made it irrelevant both with his D and his clutch shooting. I have been just as guilty as anyone on the board at taking him for granted or even thinking he was the weakest link in the starting lineup but he just goes out and quietly does his job night after night.

I would still rather see him at the two but I love that he is on the floor.

Also while Scola did not shoot as well and turned the ball over a couple of times he got some crucial rebounds to balance it out.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 01-21-2014 at 11:32 AM.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Missed watching the game due to sleeping. Wasn't expecting them to win this game. I thought Steph and Thompson would light them up. Great win
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    I was watching Scola in particular last night and was disturbed to see how poorly he was moving. When he rec'd the ball he was gaurded so closely that he couldn't move, it appeared as though he had skis on his feet.

I love Charles, that was funny. When they listed the lakers he laughed and said easy win.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post: