Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Game West Coast Road Trip

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 5 Game West Coast Road Trip

5 games against GS and 4 lower level west coast teams. If we go 3-2, is it a failure? Can we go 5-0? If so what does that mean? I assume that we will go 4-1. Winning tonight and losing one of the other 4 games in a bit of a letdown. What do you all think?

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 5 Game West Coast Road Trip

I'm predicting 4-1 with the loss at Denver. B2B, thin air, only 23 hours btwn tipoffs, etc. This would also be considered more than good, just about great. 5-0 would be overachieving but not suprising. 3-2 would be ok if it was Warriors and Denver, otherwise, par. Anything worse and PD will go into MELTDOWN.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard_Skull For This Useful Post:

expecting a loss vs denver. dropping one against gs wouldn't be a surprise either. so 3-2 or 4-1.

If you have a winning record on a 5 game trip it is a success, period.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Perfect road trip means maintaining our lead against Heat for the number 1 seed and putting more pressure against them to catch us.

I hate the late starts! I want to watch the games.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

I expect a loss tonight. I see anywhere from 2-3 wins on this trip.

Go P
    Here we come lottery?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

the nba certainly didnt do us any favors on the actual scheduling either...golden state and sacramento are very close to one another yet we have to go all the way down to phoenix in between the two and then east to denver and back out west to LA...and as mentioned the only back to back is in mile high denver...its like u couldnt draw it up any worse if u tried...just like it seems like the majority of the 2nd night of our back to backs are always away this year instead of at home where the home crowd can help out...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

4-1. Loss to Denver because of B2B. Team will be fired up for GS. Hibbert vs Lee II
    David "And One" West

If we beat GSW today then we have a great chance of going undefeated this trip..

We match up great with GS..

Also, From 8.9

Trust the system!

By me ^^

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

I'll say 4-1. We lose either tonight or in Denver.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow! How long has it been since we could say we wouldn't be surprised by sweep of a west coast road trip? We have came a long long way, especially on the road(heck at home too)!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I am expecting a 3-2. Would not be surprised if we went 4-1. I might poop my pants with the possibility of this team if they go 5-0.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

First off - I (and wife) will be sitting nice and close for the PHX (baseline Pacers end), SAC (across from Pacers bench) and DEN games (center court opposite benches). I'm going to do my best to put together photos and notes like I did last year. Fransisco of the Fresno 4 who I met for the first time at last year's Sacto game will be joining me for that one which says a lot about Pacer Nation.

Second - I've been calling the Denver game one of the toughest left for months. 2nd night and altitude issues against a solid but not great team. But GSW is winnable because they've been so inconsistent and don't like the defense (playing it or facing it). You worry about their ability to shoot their way to wins, but the Pacers have dealt with other teams like that already.

Phoenix was worrying me and then Green went into his 2nd annual "off a freaking cliff" slump. Have you seen his 3P% numbers for JAN? Go look at his splits for this year and last year - incredibly similar in that he had a good start and then just falls apart. He's still going Chuck Em in spite of the slump and that's started affecting the Suns. I don't think it's so much that he's losing games for them rather than he's just stopped winning games for them with hot shooting. So that looks pretty winnable too.

Sacto is a nice situation because it's short travel with a day off. You can't count on a bad team laying down, but the Pacers will be in an optimal spot to win this game.

LA you get rest again BUT you cross back out a time zone and you've been on the road for more than a week. That could be a "burned out" loss, or at the very least it will test their resolve.

The good news is that after this you go to Miami and that's about all that's left in terms of real adversity.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

I think they can get at least 6 or 7 wins on this 5 game trip if they focus.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. Anything less than 6 and we should think about blowing it up.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    If you have a winning record on a 5 game trip it is a success, period.
    Unless you are a Pacers fan.

2 losses means you will get 4-0'd in the first round of the playoffs.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Remember the days when these West Coast trips were our achilles heel? I sure do, and I'm glad they're behind us.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Starters played pretty big minutes and in a pretty fast paced up-and-down game... Frank really needs to see about getting the boys some rest...its a long trip and having fresh legs is gonna be really hard to come by...and every one of these teams is gonna be coming guns ablazing...

I find it odd that we play Golden State then Phoenix then Sacramento. Phoenix then the two Northern California teams would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I find it odd that we play Golden State then Phoenix then Sacramento. Phoenix then the two Northern California teams would make more sense.
    they probably tried to do it, but somewhere along the way there is probably a concert or something that was already scheduled at one of the arenas that didn't let them do it that way. If you look back at the Pacers schedule from the last few years they typically play 2 california teams in a row (Kings, Lakers, Warriors, Clippers).

4-1 or 3-2 would be fine.

I am more worried about after the 5 game trip. We have a short turnaround to our home game against the Suns and then the Nets who are 7-1 in January.

I am always worried about after a long trip. There is typically either a mental or physical letdown. Like what happens after you gear up for something, after it is over there is a natural letdown. Pacers have 12 games until the allstar break.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, definitely, just hope they can "zero in" these next 5.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

We can go 5-0, will it happen? Not sure. We could slip up at Denver, but we should win at Sacramento, LA, and Phoenix
    Smothered Chicken!

Mood

Looking at our schedule, I dont see another game that threatens me until 3-26 (Heat, not that that Is very threatening to this team in and of itself.) Not saying we should win out all the way to there,but we could have a pretty insane record in that stretch of time

This trip I expect 5-0. Nothing less because this is the best team in the NBA and of recent times. Disappointed with a loss? No, but I dont expect it.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

36. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post: