Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

  1. #1
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhv03qqlHDc

    Wow, the similarity there is impossible to deny, and we are talking about the greatest dunker (imo) of all time here. Not only that, PG did that IN A GAME, whereas Vince Carter did it in the dunk contest. This dude is special, seriously.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Didn't let me post the second video here it is. Dunk is at about 9 seconds in.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    I'm just impressed by the amount of balls it takes to do that in a game in the middle of the fourth quarter.

    I am in love with watching lance and george. I pray that these dudes are the pacers SF/SG for the next ten years. They are pulling off some crazy stuff every game.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    To me PG's dunk is better than VC's, but it will not get the same recognition. If you watch Vince Carter's feet at takeoff and landing his is really only about a 270, however his windmill action is much better than Paul's. Watch Paul's feet on his in-game dunk. There is no denying that it's a full all the way around 360 from takeoff to landing. The windmill isn't as violent as Vince's but Paul just has the Dr. J hangtime/glide. I think his bones are hollow. I don't know how someone can stay in the air that long, especially when they are as big as he is.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to glazedham42 For This Useful Post:


  9. #5

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk



    By me ^^

  10. The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  11. #6

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Hate to say it, but Quinn and Chris' commentary leave me somewhat embarrassed when looking back at some of these great plays.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,584
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that's some talent right there!

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Member Romsey31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anguilla, Caribbean
    Age
    30
    Posts
    628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hate to say it, but Quinn and Chris' commentary leave me somewhat embarrassed when looking back at some of these great plays.
    Lol tell me bout it, my friends thought it was me screaming
    Impossible Is Nothing

  16. #9
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    I want to hear the audio from Clippers' announcers. Last time I heard them covering PG they were drooling over him. He not only had an amazing game in LA but they aren't shy about telling you he grew up rooting for them and not the Lakers.

    After-thought edit, in the future we will undoubtedly have more incredible dunks to draw from, but what sits atop George's all time dunks? Birdman poster or the in-game contest dunk? Off the bat I'd lean towards Birdman, going against Lebron in the playoffs will be hard to top. This little doozy tried though.
    Last edited by Mr.Hinds; 01-19-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  17. #10
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,998

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    I agree that it's incredibly gutsy. If he misses that dunk, Vogel is probably shaking his head...and he just as easily makes ESPN's non-top plays.

  18. #11
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that it's incredibly gutsy. If he misses that dunk, Vogel is probably shaking his head...and he just as easily makes ESPN's non-top plays.
    Nah, I disagree. If he misses that dunk--oh well. Vogel doesn't care; we already had the game wrapped up. He tried to entertain the fans and he missed it, oh well. Now, if he missed it by shorting it and getting stuff by the rim and falling on his ***, then he's on not top 10. Either way...no big deal.

  19. #12

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hinds View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After-thought edit, in the future we will undoubtedly have more incredible dunks to draw from, but what sits atop George's all time dunks? Birdman poster or the in-game contest dunk? Off the bat I'd lean towards Birdman, going against Lebron in the playoffs will be hard to top. This little doozy tried though.
    There is no question to me that the dunk on bird man is his best to date. But people also forget his dunk on Chris Bosh in that series, which was maybe equally as awesome. he just didn't beat lebron on a hesitation move before doing that one.

    He's also put Larry Sanders and a few others on posters. Most of the time I feel like he goes to the rim so soft, but every once in a while he just posterizes someone and it's beautiful.

    i'm a little biased, though. i don't think anything tops dunks against people. this dunk was artwork, but dunks against giant men actively working to stop you from dunking… now that's something to take some pride in.

  20. #13
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,998

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, I disagree. If he misses that dunk--oh well. Vogel doesn't care; we already had the game wrapped up. He tried to entertain the fans and he missed it, oh well. Now, if he missed it by shorting it and getting stuff by the rim and falling on his ***, then he's on not top 10. Either way...no big deal.
    I still think Vogel cares. Any coach should care. A lay-up counts two points just as much. I'm fine with him attempting it, but if you do it, you better pull it off.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think Vogel cares. Any coach should care. A lay-up counts two points just as much. I'm fine with him attempting it, but if you do it, you better pull it off.
    The game was out of hand. The two points didn't matter. Vogel doesn't strike me as the type who would get fussy about something like that.

  23. #15
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    I want to hear the audio from Clippers' announcers. Last time I heard them covering PG they were drooling over him. He not only had an amazing game in LA but they aren't shy about telling you he grew up rooting for them and not the Lakers.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  24. #16

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Dunk of Birdman is slightly better because someone added Jim Ross commentary to it.


  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  26. #17

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Also the fact that Lebron put his hand on his face and looked at Birdman as if Birdman was dunked on so hard Lebron felt the facial.

  27. #18

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Things have come such a long way on so many fronts...simply wow...

    This is very cool!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:


  29. #19

    Wink Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    If PG had missed that dunk it could have solved so many Pacer problems for next year. They could have traded him for a couple of draft picks and expirings to open up room for max contracts to both Danny Granger and Lance.

    Problems solved.

    Missed 360's simply have consequences that can not be ignored.

  30. #20
    Member Romsey31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anguilla, Caribbean
    Age
    30
    Posts
    628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsforlife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If PG had missed that dunk it could have solved so many Pacer problems for next year. They could have traded him for a couple of draft picks and expirings to open up room for max contracts to both Danny Granger and Lance.

    Problems solved.

    Missed 360's simply have consequences that can not be ignored.
    Lol like the beginning of the end for this guy. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NYz-_AsTASY
    Impossible Is Nothing

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:


  32. #21
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    What's impressive is the 589,833 views this (one) video has gotten in less then 2 days.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 01-20-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  33. #22
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    I want to ignore the fact that it looked like he traveled (taking three steps before takeoff)... But damn that dunk was filthy. He had some balls to attempt it in game, and to pull it off... just WOW. The guy is special.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  34. #23
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,482

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to ignore the fact that it looked like he traveled (taking three steps before takeoff)... But damn that dunk was filthy. He had some balls to attempt it in game, and to pull it off... just WOW. The guy is special.

    Have you ever seen where Lebron picks up the ball sometimes on his open court dunks? I've seen him do it right after he crosses half court before.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  36. #24
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to ignore the fact that it looked like he traveled (taking three steps before takeoff)... But damn that dunk was filthy. He had some balls to attempt it in game, and to pull it off... just WOW. The guy is special.
    I'm not sure that's technically traveling, due to the 'second and third' steps being a simple gather for the dunk attempt. If he had lifted his foot that took the second step before making this jump for the 360, I think then it would be traveling. But in this case, he's just stopping, not traveling.

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  38. #25
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,551

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Something crazy about PG's 360 dunk

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunk of Birdman is slightly better because someone added Jim Ross commentary to it.

    Null and void. Deadspin added JR commentary to the 360 dunk too:

    http://deadspin.com/paul-george-unle...unk-1504376385
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •