Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Clips Postgame: Another Day, Another Smackdown

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Clips Postgame: Another Day, Another Smackdown

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not smart by West, but i love that he decided to give Jordan some business at the end there lol.
    David just doesn't like the Clippers. Probably only likes Chris Paul.

The Clippers didn't want any part of West. Jordan just shrugged off that bump like it was nothing. Had it been someone else he may have gotten pissed.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

The thing is, West does this atleast once a game. If you're walking in his path, he will run over you. I've seen it a lot. He doesnt move out of the way for anyone. It cracks me up.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    There's something about Blake that perpetually pisses off opposing players. I'm not sure what it is -- and I really thought it was uncalled for by West -- but it's something much of the league has become accustomed to. Even someone like Andre Miller.
    That's true. Blake doesn't seem to be well-liked by other bigs. I think that most bigs don't respect him. Maybe they don't like the fact that he came into the league and became incredibly popular right away with all those Kia commercials and feel that he has to earn his stripes. Maybe they don't like the way that he throws his head back when contact occurs even when he's almost always the one that initiates that contact. Or he's just a huge trash talker.

I don't know what it is exactly but one thing is certain. Most bigs do not like him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be heartbroken if we have to lose Granger after this year. My brain tells me that Stephenson is the future, but my heart wants to find a way to let Granger retire with this club. He's always been one of my favorite Pacers, and he's gone through so many bad years to get here. Winning a championship this year for him would make it easier to part ways, but I'd hate to see him ever put on another team's uniform. He's the last of the old guard, and I don't quite have that fondness for another player yet.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Great win. Esp w out DWEST in the 2nd.

The extra showboating from Lance is getting old fast. Kid is out of control. careless alley oops, carelss over the back passes, shooting 3 ft from behind the line w 14 secs on shot clock, hot dogging every chance he gets these days. Lance is great without the extra pizaazzz.

he is missing players that our open because he is looking for the flashy play. kid is 23 so we got no choice but to accept it. seems like he makes 5 bad plays a game to 3 good plays a game when going for the highlight.

Great win. Coulda won by 30 if lance just makes simple passes that count for the same number of points.

If Lance does this $*!^ in the playoffs let him sign elseswhere.
    Lance turned the ball over four times, which is definitely too much. But you have to remember that he controls the ball more than anyone else on the team these days. He scored 22 points on 8-17 shooting and had 7 assists. I think that at least a couple of those assists were on three pointers (definitely remember one to a PG 3), so that means that Lance accounted for something like 38 or 40 points (close to that). Then there are the rebounds and the defense. The good faaaaar outweighs the bad with Lance. I can live with the four turnovers when you look at everything else he brings to the table.

Lance usually only seems to get reckless with the flashy plays when we are blowing teams out, so it seems like he does it all the time since we are always killing teams. But I don't remember too many instances of Lance getting reckless during a close game against an elite opponent. If he starts doing dumb flashy stuff when we're tied in the fourth quarter against Miami, then I'll be the first to criticize him. But until then, I'm going to write the reckless plays off as a guy who is trying to have some fun when he knows that the Pacers are going to win the game. We all knew we were winning that game last night. You have to remember that these guys are entertainers. Lance wants to give the fans some exciting memories to take home with them.

The Pacers have to keep Lance. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to have two wings like PG and Lance. These guys are the same age, came into the league the same season, and their freakishly talented games complement each other perfectly. We can't let that get away.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-19-2014 at 10:13 AM.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Gotta Play Big

For those who want Lance to settle down and play more conservatively, you have to be ready to sacrifice some of that productivity he gets by taking so many risks.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I think West just doesn't like Griffin and wanted some early rest before the Pacers head out for their western road trip. West knew the Pacers would be fine without him last night. He was probably chilling on a couch in the locker room watching the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    It's clear that West was angry about something but what the heck caused him to be so angry?
    Probably irked that Grady intro'd him as a 6'9" guard. Or he was on edge from giving the pregame speech on the PA.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

That was a great game. I had a commitment that I should have left at half time for but I just couldn't pull myself away until midway through the 4th. quarter. I don't think West will suffer any further action, we should just move on from a mistake made in the heat of the moment. Nice to see PG play so efficiently these past 2 games, he's looking MVP worthy again. Lance played a good game but in all fairness had more then his share of time on the court where he hurt the team. I wish Hibbert could have stayed in the game when he was killing it in the paint defensively. You can't look at how he played against Jordan so much as how he effected every other Clippers game from the start. The impact of Hibbert is so much more then how the opposing center plays. Granger looked really good again and just seems to pick up a small step almost every game. I'd like to find a way to give Granger time at the 4 moving forward but Scola is also deserving of more P.T. so I don't see it happening much. It is time however to find a way to get Granger 30 minutes per game. It's better to keep PG and Lance from wearing down as PG did during our last stretch of heavy play and it's better for the team to give Granger the chance to go off and give us another 20 point threat on the court. I keep trying to tell myself to just enjoy the ride but I hate the fact that we have to lose someone next year. It's completely unwritten as of now though. The obvious preference is to keep both Lance and Danny, the lesser of 2 evils is to just keep Lance but if we can't afford Lance I still think this team is a contender if we lose Lance and keep Danny. I would have never thought that Granger could be a consolation prize.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

I loved when PG and Lance were pulled at the same time. The crowd gave them a nice ovation. PG and Lance then gave each other some dap and a little hug at the end of the bench. These two guys have a special bond. They are the same age, were drafted in the same year, and have freakishly talented games that complement one another perfectly. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for a franchise to have two wings this obscenely talented. I know I'm beating a dead horse into the ground here, but we have to keep Lance no matter what the cost is. You can't let a talent like that get away. I want to see Lance passing it to PG for the next decade. Losing Lance would haunt the Pacers forever.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Losing Lance would haunt the Pacers forever.
    I'm pretty sure Larry knows this too. It would surprise, shock, disappoint, **** me off if Lance goes elsewhere. PG + Roy + Lance = lots of fun.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Just saw a video. Flagrant sure, but that wasn't ejection worthy.
    Couldn't agree more. We've all seen worse fouls that only became flarant 1's. I've seen some fouls this season that were only deemed fouls and not a flagrant foul.

I don't see DWest getting any days off b/c of this as it wasn't that "flagrant" to merit any time off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Lance turned the ball over four times, which is definitely too much. But you have to remember that he controls the ball more than anyone else on the team these days. He scored 22 points on 8-17 shooting and had 7 assists. I think that at least a couple of those assists were on three pointers (definitely remember one to a PG 3), so that means that Lance accounted for something like 38 or 40 points (close to that). Then there are the rebounds and the defense. The good faaaaar outweighs the bad with Lance. I can live with the four turnovers when you look at everything else he brings to the table.

Lance usually only seems to get reckless with the flashy plays when we are blowing teams out, so it seems like he does it all the time since we are always killing teams. But I don't remember too many instances of Lance getting reckless during a close game against an elite opponent. If he starts doing dumb flashy stuff when we're tied in the fourth quarter against Miami, then I'll be the first to criticize him. But until then, I'm going to write the reckless plays off as a guy who is trying to have some fun when he knows that the Pacers are going to win the game. We all knew we were winning that game last night. You have to remember that these guys are entertainers. Lance wants to give the fans some exciting memories to take home with them.

The Pacers have to keep Lance. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to have two wings like PG and Lance. These guys are the same age, came into the league the same season, and their freakishly talented games complement each other perfectly. We can't let that get away.

Lance could have had his 4th trip dub if players had hit some shots from his passes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    David just doesn't like the Clippers. Probably only likes Chris Paul. .
    He doesn't like Chris Paul either, according to some beat writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'd expected to see a lot of it this year, but then we picked up Scola. Still good to know we can roll that out; especially if we play somebody who puts a SF at the 4.
    This was my hope from the moment we knew DG was coming back. I wanted him for the 1st man off the bench playing the 3 and 4. After Scola was signed, I still wanted him to be the 3rd PF in the line up. I think we will see a great deal of DG at the 4 as the season goes on. Makes an injury/ foul trouble for one of the big men not as frightening as it was at the start of the season.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Isn't it pretty much a given that PG had tired legs during his "slump"? He had a little rest.....He's back, BIT**'s!!!
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WInslow22 For This Useful Post:

What did we think of Danny's minutes at the 4 last night, by the way?

I thought he won the first two battles with some great timing on meeting contact with a ball rake. But I didn't really notice much past that.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post

I thought he won the first two battles with some great timing on meeting contact with a ball rake. But I didn't really notice much past that.
    There wasn't much to notice. Doc Rivers tried to go small around Griffin and as a team, the Pacers size squashed that. LA thought they could exploit a couple match-ups, but we still had the advantage.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post

It was great to see Danny just stop Blake in the post. He kept trying to move Danny, but he just couldn't do it

32. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WInslow22 View Post
    Isn't it pretty much a given that PG had tired legs during his "slump"? He had a little rest.....He's back, BIT**'s!!!
    I think so. Which is why I'd like to see us trimming PG's minutes a bit. We're asking him to defend the top player on the opposing team while also being our top scorer and efficiently facilitating an offense. And when he's rested, he's shown that he can do all of those things amazingly well. When he gets worn down, though, it really shows.

I'd like to see some of those minutes go to DG or even Rasual. There's no reason to play PG 38 minutes in a game we win by 20.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I will say, it's a shame that some of our less positive posters have had to miss the past few games. I assume they've had stuff going on and simply haven't been able to watch the games; seems unlikely that they'd stay away just because there's nothing to complain about.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

That's true. Blake doesn't seem to be well-liked by other bigs. I think that most bigs don't respect him. Maybe they don't like the fact that he came into the league and became incredibly popular right away with all those Kia commercials and feel that he has to earn his stripes. Maybe they don't like the way that he throws his head back when contact occurs even when he's almost always the one that initiates that contact. Or he's just a huge trash talker.

I don't know what it is exactly but one thing is certain. Most bigs do not like him.
    I get the sense that Griffin is very aggressive and physical in the paint. If anything,the best comparison that I can make is that he's more of an atheltic and quicker version of Hansbrough.....he's not afraid to mis it up inside the paint....but what's worse is that he can leap over u to go after a rebound and likely shove u out of the way while going for a rebound.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

By the way, the fans at the game tonight were great. They deserve some kudos for tonight's win as well. If this game was at Staples Center then this game would become very difficult when they trimmed the lead to 9. However, the crowd really did its job and fired the team up.
    I don't think there would have been a crowd at all at Staples if they'd have gotten the amount of snow that we did... :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Interesting that Granger was backup 4 instead of Copeland in the second half. I think I would've given Copeland a shot.

Does West get an (automatic?) suspension?
    Granger's defense was pretty good last night. Even when he committed a couple of fouls, they turned out to be pretty good ones (anytime you foul DeAndre Jordan and send him to the line is a good foul).

You know who Paul George and Lance Stephenson reminded me of the last 2 games? A couple of guys named LeBron and Wade. If they can keep playing like this, they still have a good shot at winning 70 games. The offense is clicking, the defense is getting better because the new bench guys ( including Granger) are really improving, and Larry Bird is pushing all the right buttons through the media and behind the scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I get the sense that Griffin is very aggressive and physical in the paint. If anything,the best comparison that I can make is that he's more of an atheltic and quicker version of Hansbrough.....he's not afraid to mis it up inside the paint....but what's worse is that he can leap over u to go after a rebound and likely shove u out of the way while going for a rebound.
    That's a possibility. But I don't think that Hansbrough receives the same treatment that Blake does. Sure, Haslem and Andersen have went after him but that was in the context of a heated playoff game.

I think that there is something on top of that that rubs other bigs the wrong way. Griffin is very aggressive and physical just like you said but he also tends to flop at times. I think that some players see him as someone who can dish out punishment but cannot really take it and that's why they go after him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014