Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clips Postgame: Another Day, Another Smackdown

Hybrid View

Default Clips Postgame: Another Day, Another Smackdown

I only saw the second half, so I missed the West suspension. Didn't seem to need him though.

Our wings are just dominating. PG and Lance are playing incredible ball right now, and bringing Danny of the bench doesn't feel like a big drop-off.

We are really clicking.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Clips Postgame: Another Day, Another Smackdown

Paul George dunk

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George dunk
    You'll see it again. It'll be on every replay of the night.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Listening to the Clips postgame discuss the Pacers is awesome.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Cliffs?

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Cliffs?
    Eh? Sorry, don't follow you.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Eh? Sorry, don't follow you.
    Cliff notes? Aka what did they say for those who don't have the Clippers broadcast?

What did they say? The former Boston player is a
    huge Clippers homer.. I no longer have prime ticket and bad
    to watch the game on NBA TV..

By me ^^

13. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    I really want to see this slowed down with Disturbed - Sickness intro playing in the background

Can we talk about Lance's bridal bouquet toss pass followed by the ask for the NBA Street lob? The world is just Lance's Xbox game.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Can we talk about Lance's bridal bouquet toss pass followed by the ask for the NBA Street lob? The world is just Lance's Xbox game.
    Well, the bouquet toss would have been better if it hadn't been immediately picked off by a Clip.

Would have been a highlight if it had landed, though.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Well, the bouquet toss would have been better if it hadn't been immediately picked off by a Clip.

Would have been a highlight if it had landed, though.
    That's exactly my point, though. Good or bad, Lance just plays video game basketball. I'm glad it's good more often than bad.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Like we've been saying, what is this man going to do at the all star game? Jump off of Lebron's shoulders for a dunk? Eat a hot dog on the court? Wear the full Lance-a-lot get up during the game? it's all in play

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Jump off of Lebron's shoulders for a dunk?
    Actually this may explain some of the hate for Griffin that's going on. Few too many times oh Blake has been putting his hands on players shoulders or head and pushing up to make those spectacular dunks. Might be a few folks not real happy about that.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Guys, if we keep blowing out teams we aren't gonna get much nat TV games next season, can we keep the games semi interesting please lol
    Impossible Is Nothing

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul George had 70% at FG. 70%!!!! Congrats to him and the whole team for another great win, for another beating they served.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

22 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists: Lance can thrust his pelvis around as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned, as long as he keeps playing like this. (He did have some bad plays/TOs, though).

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Ok, I'm not gonna spend the postgame thread talking about Danny (Lance and PG were the stars tonight) but he did a very good job against Griffin on D. Griffin never scored by posting Danny up. We've seen Danny do similar things to other big 4s, including Bosh. Once he gets his timing back, he should be a better post defender against Melo/LeBron than PG. Of course, both of those guys have epic quickness that Danny struggles to match. Still, it's another defensive look to throw at teams.

Enjoy your time at PD!

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I like to read opposing teams forums after wins just to see what the general vibe is from the rest of the league about our Pacers I find it interesting.....

And one point a lot of people try to make to downgrade what the Pacers are doing is that they think refs let us get away with fouls and our D is great because the refs buy into our reputation

Well NEWS FLASH NBA we just played a game where we weren't allowed to BREATHE on a Clipper and still was PURE DOMINATION!!!!!!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    I like to read opposing teams forums after wins just to see what the general vibe is from the rest of the league about our Pacers I find it interesting.....

And one point a lot of people try to make to downgrade what the Pacers are doing is that they think refs let us get away with fouls and our D is great because the refs buy into our reputation

Well NEWS FLASH NBA we just played a game where we weren't allowed to BREATHE on a Clipper and still was PURE DOMINATION!!!!!!!
    no fanbase likes to admit they got their asses beat by a better team. nobody ever wants to say "well, they were just better," certainly not in the heat of the moment in a game thread. not gonna give the opponent credit cuz screw them, don't wanna talk crap about your own guys, so there's only one option.

the Pacers "win cuz of the refs" a lot this year. and I love it.

I said it in the game thread, and it may be hyperbole but I think if Danny Granger is healthy from the get go this team could have made a serious, serious run at 70 wins.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I said it in the game thread, and it may be hyperbole but I think if Danny Granger is healthy from the get go this team could have made a serious, serious run at 70 wins.
    I agree but - they still very well might. They're on pace for about 67-68 right now.

That was one of the more interesting games of the year. We are playing a great western conference team that was on a roll. We lost the one guy who could contend with their best player. Our backup at that position got in foul trouble. Our best defensive player...the core of that defense...got in foul trouble and sat. Yet we pulled away.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    We are playing a great western conference team that was on a roll.
    We've been playing a lot of teams on a roll, it feels like. Weren't the Knicks on a roll when we played them? Sacto? Washington?

Enjoy your time at PD!

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: