Thread: NFLN's Darren Sharper arrested for suspicion of rape and suspended without pay

Default NFLN's Darren Sharper arrested for suspicion of rape and suspended without pay

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-without-pay/

NFL Network suspends Darren Sharper without pay

With former NFL player Darren Sharper being charged with suspicion of rape, his current employer has moved swiftly.

“Darren has been suspended without pay until further notice, effective immediately,” NFL Network said in a statement issued to PFT. “Regarding the charges, as a matter of policy, we don’t comment on pending legal action.”

Sharper, who spent 14 years with the Packers, Vikings, and Saints, has been working as an analyst for NFL Network.

Free on $200,000 bail, Sharper reportedly faces allegations involving two incidents — one in October 2013 and one in January 2014.

Default Re: NFLN's Darren Sharper arrested for suspicion of rape and suspended without pay

http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/NOPD...241009611.html

NOPD investigating Sharper for alleged sexual assault

Sharper arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of rape

NEW ORLEANS - The NOPD announced that it is investigating an alleged sexual assault complaint against former Saint Darren Sharper. The NOPD says the complaint was made on September 24.
    WWL-TV sources tell us the alleged incident occurred in the Warehouse District.
    Remi Braden, a spokesperson for the NOPD said, “as with every case alleging sexual assault, information gathered is extremely sensitive and the top priority of the detectives is to protect the person who filed the complaint. Because this is an on-going criminal investigation, we cannot provide additional information at this time.”
    The Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office has also confirmed that it has received the official report from the New Orleans Police Department but that it is still investigating.

"New Orleans police received a complaint from an alleged victim," said DA spokesman Chris Bowman. "The police referred the case to our office for consultation. The matter is currently under investigation and we will make no further comment on any matter under investigation."
    This information comes after Los Angeles County Detectives arrested Sharper Friday night on two sexual assault charges, according to TMZ who broke the story, the alleged assaults occurred in October of 2013 and January of 2014. Police arrested Sharper Friday night and he posted $200,000 bond and his next court appearance is in February.
    Sharper has been suspended indefinitely without pay from the NFL Network where he is a consultant. For one month in August of 2012, Sharper was an analyst for WWL-TV.

Default Re: NFLN's Darren Sharper arrested for suspicion of rape and suspended without pay

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...gation-sharper

Police release report against Sharper

NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Police Department released a report Friday detailing the rape allegation against former NFL safety Darren Sharper.

Former NFL safety Darren Sharper was arrested in Los Angeles last week on suspicion of rape.
    Sharper has not been arrested or charged for the alleged crime, and the case remains under investigation. However, Sharper was arrested last week in Los Angeles on an unrelated charge of suspicion of rape in two separate alleged incidents.

According to the NOPD report, an unnamed woman alleged that Sharper raped her on the morning of Monday, Sept. 23, after they met at a bar and he took her to his apartment in the Central Business District. According to the report, which was made on the morning of Sept. 24, the accuser stated that she consumed a large amount of alcohol at a couple of bars. She said she met Sharper at one of the bars, then he later took her to his apartment and sexually assaulted her. She said she did not consent to any sexual encounter.

Last week, Sharper was arrested, booked and released on $200,000 bail in Los Angeles. The LAPD said it is investigating Sharper in connection with two sexual assaults that occurred in the West Los Angeles area, one in October and one this month.

Sharper was a five-time Pro Bowler who spent his career with the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints before retiring after the 2010 season. He works as an analyst for NFL Network, though he has been suspended without pay.

http://deadspin.com/report-darren-sh...ims-1522911306

Report: Darren Sharper Allegedly Drugged, Raped Two Women

Darren Sharper Arrested On Suspicion Of Rape
    Darren Sharper, former safety for the Packers, Vikings and Saints, was arrested Friday in Los Angeles on rape charges. According to TMZ, Sharper—who… Read…
    Last month, former NFL safety Darren Sharper was arrested on the suspicion of rape, connected to sexual assaults that occurred in October 2013 and January 2014. He was also connected to a third incident that happened in September 2013. Now TMZ is reporting that Sharper drugged the women with zolpidem and morphine.

According to the TMZ report, Sharper's charges include "two counts of rape by use of drugs, four counts of furnishing a controlled substance and one count of possession of a controlled substance, all felonies."

Sharper denies the charges, and claims that he had consensual sex with one of the alleged victims, and has no idea who the other is.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Darren Sharper seems like a swell guy.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Darren Sharper is at least retired

Sports Logo

He's rich, he's a good looking guy, gotta assume he does ok with women. I don't get it. If it's true the guy's a monster.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's rich, he's a good looking guy, gotta assume he does ok with women. I don't get it. If it's true the guy's a monster.
    I mean Sharper was named in bounty gate right?

Plus we really don't know how much money he has.

Anyway, 3 different women in 2 different states saying this? That'd be one heck of a coincidence.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean Sharper was named in bounty gate right?

Plus we really don't know how much money he has.

Anyway, 3 different women in 2 different states saying this? That'd be one heck of a coincidence.
    Didn't mean to insinuate innocence if that's how you took it, just that I legitimately don't understand a guy in his position, I don't know, "needing," for lack of a better word, to resort to this to get his rocks off.

In absolutely no way am I saying this is acceptable, I'm just trying to understand his thought process. I don't know, I need to eject myself from this before I dig a bigger hole, I just hope you guys understand what I mean.

I'm female and I understand however rape isn't about sex its about power, anger and control.

I wonder how Gabrielle Union feels she's a former rape victim herself and used to date this guy.