Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65

Thread: Are we talking too much?

  1. #26
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    And no we don't talk too much. The media just tries to paint us that way.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    We can do whatever we want, as long as we're backing it up. I always like the quote in the NFL, where a player would say, "You don't like me celebrating in the end zone? Well, don't let me score." If you don't like it, beat us. Could Lance tone it down? Yes. May it get him in trouble some day? Yes. I'm sure he knows the risks, but so far no one's been able to stop him.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    443
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we hate Miami for being arrogant and showboating, then it was nothing but sour grapes if we celebrate the same thing in ourselves.
    Those are not the reasons why I hate Miami. Some reasons I hate 'em, is because of when they get a little frustrated, they tend to do crap like the Dexter Pittman move, the Dwayne 'I'm not gonna let you dunk in my house, so I'm gonna hurt/push ya' move, etc, etc.
    And if anyone thinks having a goal to have home-court throughout the east, or just in general, is being arrogant...well, at least, we didn't set a public picture day and claim "not 1, not 2......."

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  7. #29

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And no we don't talk too much. The media just tries to paint us that way.
    THIS. We have one guy on the team who talks a lot. And I don't mind having that one guy to get the team amped

  8. #30

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    The League has had very few bigger trash talkers than Larry Bird and Reggie Miller. I wish PG would stop with the *****ing to the Refs as much as he does, but so far, he hasn't gone over the line and been given technicals, so I guess he's still in control of himself. Some of Lances' "dance moves" may be a little much, but think about when you were 23 and having one of the best times of your life. Did you smile quietly and put your head down? Yeah, me neither.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  10. #31

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    **** them. We've been the joke of the East for sometime now. It's about time we show some pride.

  11. #32

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    are we confusing what lance does when the play is happening on the court? I love every minute of that and I'll cheer for that all day. But that is different from the after the play stuff he does that I think is going to far. I will not cheer for that at all.
    What has lance done off the court? Play on the piano? Make a promo video? dance in front of his car?

  12. #33
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,709

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What has lance done off the court? Play on the piano? Make a promo video? dance in front of his car?
    I think either you miread what I wrote or I didn't make it very clear. All on the court stuff. Distinction I made was stuff during the play vs after the play. (maybe not good wording on my part)

  13. #34
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    I think the HCA thing is a bit too much, the Pacers will almost assuredly lose 1 home game to the Heat if they play in a series this season. The Pacers have to figure out how to win 1 or possibly 2 games in Miami. TNT said it best when Charles, Kenny, and Shaq all had experiences of losing HCA quickly or winning without it. Shaq's team even at it's best lost game 1 of the Finals at home to the 76ers, their only playoff loss.

    There are some games they either should have already or should during the season rest players for a half/a game. 4 games in 5 nights, 5 in 7, that sort of thing, we saw how PG struggled during that last stretch of games, maybe taking a game off would've helped him there.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I am part of the crowd and I don't love them. do I count? And I am sure there are other members of the crowd that would just rather Lance toned it down a bit.
    I'm probably as old school as it comes, too. I believe in playing sound, fundamental basketball. But, I also believe in passion, too. The problem I have, and probably you as well, is that there is a limit on the "proper" display of passion. I can't define it, but I know it when I see it exceeded. And, there are many definitions of that limit, depending on the individual.

    For me, anything done on the court, whether complaining to an official or celebrating a play, must never hinder your tam's performance on the other end of the court. And, it must never cross the threshold of "taunting". But again, that is a personal definition.

    I've come to appreciate some of Lance's passion and humor on the court. But some of it also exceeds my personal limit.

    As for publicly stating the goal of achieving HCA, I'm all for it. It creates an "internal pressure" that helps maintain focus. It's a lot like having the energy, focus and dedication to playing both ends of e court the best e can each trip down the floor, except this proclamation applies to the entire season. Miss that goal, and you give other teams and their players fuel to mock you. Attain that goal, and you not only had the balls to publicly state it, giving other teams maximum impetus to cause you to fail, but you actually go out and give it all the gust you have to grab it. I applaud the Pacers for this. Put it on the line and prove it. Good for them.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  17. #36

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    We don't talk enough and Lance should tone up his antics.

  18. #37
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,457

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    The idea for HCA is that if you go 7 games you are at home. In most circumstances both teams manage to win one away game when going to 3-3.

    I believe wholeheartedly that you gain by players playing normal minutes through difficult stretches. You watch for atypical fatigue-inducing situations that might lead to injury, but normal tiredness you play through because it makes you better.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  20. #38
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The League has had very few bigger trash talkers than Larry Bird and Reggie Miller. I wish PG would stop with the *****ing to the Refs as much as he does, but so far, he hasn't gone over the line and been given technicals, so I guess he's still in control of himself. Some of Lances' "dance moves" may be a little much, but think about when you were 23 and having one of the best times of your life. Did you smile quietly and put your head down? Yeah, me neither.
    This. It really has to do with Lance's and PG's age. Both of them are 23 years old and extremely young. They are playing like stars at such a young age and it's completely natural that they get hyped.

    You don't see West or Scola getting so hyped up when they do something great and that is natural as well. It's why they are veterans.

    No, we don't talk too much. We're just stating our goals.

    The reason that some people think that we're "overcelebrating" is simple. It's our young guys that are playing like stars and they are supposed to get hyped up at their age.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  22. #39
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Honestly, it gets the fans fired up too. It wasn't too long ago that Banker's Life Fieldhouse sounded more like a morgue.

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  24. #40
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the HCA thing is a bit too much, the Pacers will almost assuredly lose 1 home game to the Heat if they play in a series this season. The Pacers have to figure out how to win 1 or possibly 2 games in Miami. TNT said it best when Charles, Kenny, and Shaq all had experiences of losing HCA quickly or winning without it. Shaq's team even at it's best lost game 1 of the Finals at home to the 76ers, their only playoff loss.

    There are some games they either should have already or should during the season rest players for a half/a game. 4 games in 5 nights, 5 in 7, that sort of thing, we saw how PG struggled during that last stretch of games, maybe taking a game off would've helped him there.

    The desire for HCA revolves around the fact that we want to have Game 7 at home if it comes to that. We certainly cannot bank on winning all four games at home, because Miami has been able to win here in each of the prior two postseasons. But we've also shown that we can steal a game down there since we have taken Game 2 in Miami both times. However, the problem with not having HCA is that we likely have to win two games in Miami since there is a very good chance that they steal one in Indy. That's a very difficult task.

    For two straight years, the series has been tied 2-2 after Game 4. Wouldn't it be nice to have Game 5 at Indy for once? Wouldn't it be nice to know that 2 of the final 3 games are at Indy if we have a 2-2 series? And of course, wouldn't it be nice to have that Game 7 at home?

    The HCA doesn't guarantee anything and we certainly could win without it. But it would just give us such a nice advantage this go around to have 4 of the 7 games at home.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  26. #41
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Age
    22
    Posts
    579

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    For being as good as we are, we're pretty humble. Remember when the Heat were dancing on the sidelines during games? There's nothing wrong with a little chest pumping on the court. Even players on losing teams do that when they've made a good play.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:


  28. #42
    Member Romsey31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anguilla, Caribbean
    Age
    29
    Posts
    597

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For being as good as we are, we're pretty humble. Remember when the Heat were dancing on the sidelines during games? There's nothing wrong with a little chest pumping on the court. Even players on losing teams do that when they've made a good play.
    I remember the cavs dancing not so much the heat.

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6YhPSzGHFcM
    Last edited by Romsey31; 01-17-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    Impossible Is Nothing

  29. #43
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    426

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    I don't mind Lance's antics as long as they are directed at teammates or to rile up the crowd. If he starts showing up an opponent directly then I have a problem with it.

    My biggest concern is Paul CONSTANTLY complaining to the refs. It's frankly ridiculous at this point. I'm surprised Larry or Frank hasn't pulled him aside and told him to shut up. I've noticed him not getting back on defense at times because he's too busy demonstrating how his forearm got hit on the last play.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:


  31. #44

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the HCA thing is a bit too much, the Pacers will almost assuredly lose 1 home game to the Heat if they play in a series this season. The Pacers have to figure out how to win 1 or possibly 2 games in Miami. TNT said it best when Charles, Kenny, and Shaq all had experiences of losing HCA quickly or winning without it. Shaq's team even at it's best lost game 1 of the Finals at home to the 76ers, their only playoff loss.

    There are some games they either should have already or should during the season rest players for a half/a game. 4 games in 5 nights, 5 in 7, that sort of thing, we saw how PG struggled during that last stretch of games, maybe taking a game off would've helped him there.
    I disagree completely. If we get HCA and lose 1 home game that means we only have to win 1 game on the road. If we don't get HCA and lose 1 home game, then we have to win 2 on the road. Which is extremely difficult to do, as proven last year. HCA is HUGE. Sure both teams could win 1 on the road (this probably actually occurs quite often), but this would mean the team with HCA still wins the series in 7 games.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  33. #45

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think either you miread what I wrote or I didn't make it very clear. All on the court stuff. Distinction I made was stuff during the play vs after the play. (maybe not good wording on my part)
    No it's my bad, I skimmed.

  34. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,926

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. It really has to do with Lance's and PG's age. Both of them are 23 years old and extremely young. They are playing like stars at such a young age and it's completely natural that they get hyped.

    You don't see West or Scola getting so hyped up when they do something great and that is natural as well. It's why they are veterans.

    No, we don't talk too much. We're just stating our goals.

    The reason that some people think that we're "overcelebrating" is simple. It's our young guys that are playing like stars and they are supposed to get hyped up at their age.
    I don't think that is as true as people believe. Ultimately I think personalty trumps age. I doubt West or Scola ever celebrated a lot even when they were 23. Yes, everyone tends to mellow out some as they age, but even at 23 very few players celebrate the way Lance does as often as Lance does. I'm betting when Lance is 33 he will still be celebrating.

  35. #47

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Do what ya gotta do, to do what ya gotta do.

    If a little shaking here and there is what gets and keeps Lance involved - let it be.

    To the people that think it's over the edge - did you feel the same way when Mark Jackson did his shimmy thing ?? When Reggie took bows and twirled around at midcourt ?? Be honest............

    Yeah.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  37. #48
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,808

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    [1] There are 4 teams in the Eastern conference with a record above .500; so sue us if we want the Heat. [2] Sorry my team celebrated when we held your team below 80.

  38. #49
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,975

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For being as good as we are, we're pretty humble.
    Roy is humble. Maybe DWest and Hill. But Paul and Lance? I don't think so.

  39. #50
    Member Romsey31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anguilla, Caribbean
    Age
    29
    Posts
    597

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are we talking too much?

    I also realize Grangers demeanour on the court never changes, since his injury he has been so even keeled. I think the way he embarrassed himself in the semis with his out of character behavior trying to get lebron ejected, then subsequently getting injured really humbled him somewhat
    Impossible Is Nothing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •