View Poll Results: Will Lance be an All-Star this year?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 69.86%
  • No

22 30.14%

Thread: Will Lance be an All-Star this year?

Default Will Lance be an All-Star this year?

This is not a poll about whether you WANT Lance to make the All-Star team this year. This is not a poll about whether you think Lance DESERVES to make the All-Star team this year.

This poll is simply asking if you think Lance WILL make the All-Star team this year.

------

Last night on TNT both Chuck and Reggie flat-out said "Lance is an All-Star this year" or something to that effect.

We've got the recent silly Youtube pitch from Lance (yes I'll admit I was entertained enough to change my avatar). That video now has 100,000 views in two days (edit: now over 250,000), thanks to going viral and showing up on Grantland, Inside the NBA and other places.

Lance is the second leading scorer on the best team in the NBA, and leads the league with three triple-doubles. There are murmurs of "Most Improved Player" coming out of the media now.

Add to that a pretty weak field among guards in the East this year.

I think it's highly unlikely that Lance gets in via fan votes, however I think there is a greater than 50 percent chance now that he gets voted in by the coaches.

I predict the Pacers will have 3 All-Stars this year for the first time in team history - PG, Roy and Lance.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by rabid; 01-20-2014 at 12:45 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Will Lance be an All-Star this year?

I think he might make it just for entertainment value and the fact that the Pacers currently have the best record in the NBA. Also because the rest of the East is kinda pathetic and it's hard to reward teams with all-star selections when they have mediocre records. But with that said, he'll still be competing for spots with Deng, DeRozan, Wall, Deron Williams and Joe Johnson.

While I'd be happy for him, Lance making the team does not do any favors for the Pacers. Are we going to be happy about his price going up this summer because he made the all-star team in a conference with injuries to star players (Rose, Rondo, Horford, Lopez) and tanking teams? Unless he makes another huge leap next year --which is possible, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it-- I don't see him making the all-star team again anytime soon.
    Last edited by Aw Heck; 01-17-2014 at 12:15 PM.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

No. He obviously won't get voted in by fans, and I don't think coaches will vote him in. Based on his play, he deserves to be there. However, he has clearly rubbed opposing players the wrong way. Based on that, it's safe to say that opposing coaches are a bit annoyed by him too.

I think a lot of coaches will take the attitude of "he needs to pay his dues." If he keeps playing like this, they definitely won't be able to deny him next year. But I just don't see the coaches voting him in this year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Should he? Yes.

Will he? No.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Two weeks ago I would have thought, no way. Now, I think he will make it.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance is definitely in. Second best SG in the east. Coaches will vote him in too. Every coach wishes they had players with Lance's passion for the game
    David "And One" West

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

I've gone from a 'no' to a 'maybe'.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Still not sure he'll make it. I'm on the fence.

Next year, for sure he'll make it.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Mood

Sports Logo

I want him and DeRozan to make it.

I really hope not. If he makes it then I think he's gone next year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He should be there, 2nd leading scorer on the best team, first in assists, top rebounding guard in the entire league, but I think he gets snubbed this season. Kinda like Curry last year. Going by past games it seems players have to prove themselves two seasons in a row.

I'll be disappointed it doesn't make it though, Born Ready was born for all star games.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

22 pts, 12 rebounds, 7 assists and 1 steal last night.

He is certainly making a case for himself lately, especially in the last week.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Remember when we were talking about trying to find the Robin to Granger's Batman years ago? Not only have we found the Robin to PG's Batman, we have an entire ****ing Justice League.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

The team with the NBA's best record will get three players into the ASG, especially with the pathetic state the Eastern Conference is in. PG, Hibbert, and Lance all make it.

LOL we need MagicRat on this. Justice League? Superfriends at the very least

Yes, he definitely deserves a spot, but the coaches aren't going to vote him in. It's a shame because the way he plays is what the all-star game is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he definitely deserves a spot, but the coaches aren't going to vote him in. It's a shame because the way he plays is what the all-star game is all about.
    What makes you so sure?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember when we were talking about trying to find the Robin to Granger's Batman years ago? Not only have we found the Robin to PG's Batman, we have an entire ****ing Justice League.
    Heh. The way some people have talked, GHill is Aquaman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Gotta think that the recent publicity should make him more visible to the coaches.

Are they really going to vote DeRozen over Lance?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Lance in the All-star game for me is an obvious choice. There are 2 things that will do favors for him.

- He's one of the best guards in the East playing on the #1 team IN THE LEAGUE right now. A 3rd all-star on the same team that is leading the league shouldn't be an issue.

- There's a scarcity of all-star level talent on the back court of the East. Let's say Kyrie and DWade will make it (haven't checked the tally lately). Who's the other competitors? DeRozan is a good one. John Wall is also probable choice although they're within the playoff race with sub-500 record. Jennings is also a close candidate, but his team is losing. Same for guys like Afflalo and Turner. And the former all-star guards are injured or just coming back (Rose, DWill, Rondo). So competition is less for Lance and with his outstanding play as of late, I'm sure the coaches are having a good share of their attention to him.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Another thing: I know some are really hoping that Lance won't make it because it will beef up his salary demand come the offseason. I just want to say even if it will hurt our chances at securing his services next season, I really hope that he makes the All-star line-up. It will be the first time to see our team have 3 players play the same all-star game (hey, we're better than Miami record-wise right now so we deserve at least the same all-star roster spots as them! ). And also, the kid deserves it and it will be a great confidence booster for him that he gets the fruits of his hard work and dedication to the sport.

Lance is having a better season this year than PG had last year, at least in the regular season.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: