Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Knicks Postgame Thread: Utter Destruction

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Postgame Thread: Utter Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No need to be sorry. I do like Copeland and I will defend his signing since he does he job when he plays but I realize our cap situation. If we need more money to sign Lance then we will trade Cope. It's natural.
    Everyone. Loves cope, he's the ultimate professional, and not. To mention our victory cigar. I do believe however He Will be instrumental in the playoffs when we go small
    Impossible Is Nothing

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    No need to be sorry. I do like Copeland and I will defend his signing since he does he job when he plays but I realize our cap situation. If we need more money to sign Lance then we will trade Cope. It's natural.
    Everyone. Loves cope, he's the ultimate professional, and not. To mention our victory cigar. I do believe however He Will be instrumental in the playoffs when teams go small
    Impossible Is Nothing

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the best home record in Pacer history was when we went 36-5 in 1999-00, the first year of the Fieldhouse. At 20-1 this season, we could definitely top that mark.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I think the best home record in Pacer history was when we went 36-5 in 1999-00, the first year of the Fieldhouse. At 20-1 this season, we could definitely top that mark.
    We're also two home wins from extending the longest active streak in the NBA when it comes to having a winning record at home, which dates back to 1988 (and 1 home loss that year from dating back to 1985) (and no other team is even close).
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Lance in NY would have been a disaster.
    Lance pretty much anywhere else outside of SA would have been a disaster

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    We're also two home wins from extending the longest active streak in the NBA when it comes to having a winning record at home, which dates back to 1988 (and 1 home loss that year from dating back to 1985) (and no other team is even close).

Yes, that is an extremely impressive streak we have going and we're just going to keep adding to it. As bad as the 06-10 teams were, they still somehow had winning records at home even though they were bad and no one was showing up to games. Our teams have always been very comfortable at home, regardless of the skill level of the team.

It still never ceases to amaze me just how beautiful the Fieldhouse is. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that the place opened this season. It still looks virtually brand new. I can't believe that it's in it's 15th season. PS&E does an amaze job of keeping the place sparkling, and we've done just enough to it to keep up with the Joneses (LED band, new scoreboard, Legends seating, etc).

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I think he would be alright on any team that wins consistently. Miami, Thunder, Chicago, Memphis. Those teams (except chicago i guess) have all shown they can handle guys with questionable attitudes, but I would guess that Thibodeau would be able to control him. He's a disciplinarian, but his team seems to love it.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

HE CAN HOLD DA BALL LIKE JORDAN

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Y'all can stop worrying about Lance. Simon was cracking a grin when Lance got the and 1 reverse on JR. Simon is gonna back that Brinks truck up to Lance-a-lot's castle and boy is gonna get paid.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Copeland was the only Knick player last year that actually scared me, outside of Melo, so what do the Pacers do? Turn him into their human victory cigar. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Miami will have to play 4 perfect games to beat this team. If they can stay together next season, things will REALLY get good.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

My favorite game of the season

It's been so fun watching this team progress from down in the dumps and hopeless with OB to now being contenders. This has become my favorite Pacer team ever.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    It's crazy how used to games like this I already am this season.
    LOL, same here. My son is in high school and had a lot of homework last night so he wasn't watching the game. He came by right at the end of the first quarter and remarked "wow, the Knicks are ahead?"

I laughed and said "Hey, just wait, the Pacers will be up 20 before the 4th quarter even starts!"

He went to work on he homework and then came back in an hour later, at a timeout with 32 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, and asked how the game was going.

I said "the Pacers are up 21"

It's just weird, knowing how we will start rolling sooner or later. And those 2nd quarter slides are a thing of the past, it seems.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

What a game to attend. It was just awesome. Complete domination for 3 qtrs.
    Honestly, this is George Hill's swan song in Indianapolis. Lance as proven him self to be a keeper at almost any cost. They will trade Hill in the offseason for an expiring. Pacers dont' have to pay the tax until after the season so they technically have all next season to trade him I believe.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Its always great to destroy the Knicks, especially given our history with them...but lets have a bit of a reality check...the Knicks suck...theyre now 15-24...we should destroy them...and hopefully we have developed a little momentum because we are now on the cusp of a very critical part of the schedule...4 of the next 5 opponents have winning records and we are only 7-5 against teams with winning records...you couple that with the fact we are getting ready to make a long roadrip out west that has a very unfavorable travel schedule....well...we are gonna need alot of confidence in our ability to execute to handle one of the tougher parts of our remaining schedule and not lose our grip on the number 1 overall see in the NBA...eye of the tiger time...lets hope we parlay this knicks execution into a renewed sense of focus and determination...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

My biggest fear about a game like this is that they will go into the next game thinking everyone will be as easy as the Knicks were. Of course I LOVE it when the Pacers stomp on the hated Knicks.

I do have one game to game concern and thats how long he will leave the starters in the game even in a blowout. Why did the starters play the entire 3rd quarter?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    What a game to attend. It was just awesome. Complete domination for 3 qtrs.
    Honestly, this is George Hill's swan song in Indianapolis. Lance as proven him self to be a keeper at almost any cost. They will trade Hill in the offseason for an expiring. Pacers dont' have to pay the tax until after the season so they technically have all next season to trade him I believe.
    For those of you that think George Hill will be traded I would offer you this...George Hill is Paul George's best friend and neighbor...he is considered by the team and his teammates to be a leader and spokesman...to think he will be traded is simply not understanding the innerworkings and chemistry that this team is based on and how Larry has bulit this team and why its so successful...

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Hey Guys, just food for thought. Imagine how good Lance and PG will be at 26-27

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Lance pretty much anywhere else outside of SA would have been a disaster
    But he is absolutely killing it here. Lance is hot and cold, but when he's hot, he's HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    It's just weird, knowing how we will start rolling sooner or later. And those 2nd quarter slides are a thing of the past, it seems.
    It's not the only reason, but having Granger out there instead of Solomon Hill or Orlando Johnson really is helping.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Damn...double-whammy tonight. Missed the game AND forgot to DVR. Pacers fan fail
    Yeah... me too. I missed this one and the Memphis game earlier in the year. And of course, both times, I get on here and everyone says that was the best game we'd played up to that point.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Won't lose any games with that ratio.
    FIXED!

Seriously, that is the best game the Pacers have played this season on offense. Larry Bird's words carry a ton of weight. Him saying that after a sloppy win was the best possible timing.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

It's not the only reason, but having Granger out there instead of Solomon Hill or Orlando Johnson really is helping.
    Having Danny out there has really stabilized our 2nd unit. He's getting good shots out of the flow of the offense, and if he doesn't have it--he's making good passes to the open guy.

The most surprising thing has been his ability to defend. Obviously he's guarding backups for the most part, but even when he's had to guard starters, he's been able to be adequate, and has gotten his fair share of blocks, steals and deflections.

If he repeats what he's always done during his career, he'll be peaking toward the end of the season. He's been getting a lot of his points from mid range, and the FT line. Once he gets that 3 point shooting touch back I could see his scoring average move close to the 11-12 pt mark. (right now he's averaging just under 10) This would equal "UH OH" for the rest of the league.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

And just think..hes not a hundred percent...barring any setbacks...in another 2 or so weeks he probably will be close...that can only mean good things...

Ive alluded to it a few times, but health is really the only thing I see of getting in the way of our first NBA title this year...

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ab...ure-to-launch/

• The Knicks revival project crashed back to Earth as the Indiana Pacers decimated New York 117-89. A boy and his father watched the game together, silently in their home in Queens. “We hate the Pacers, right dad?” the boy asked his father as Indiana’s lead grew. “Uncle Spike said we hate the Pacers. He said there once were men named Patrick and Reggie and because of them we hate the Pacers.” The father sat still, staring straight ahead, but his son would not relent. “Dad, tell me about how to hate the Pacers,” the boy cried. The father, slowly, deliberately, picked up the boy and held him eye to eye. “We no longer hate the Pacers,” the father said sternly to his boy, “to hate something, it must be able to hate you back. Have we earned the Pacers’ hatred?” The boy shook his head; he was on the verge of tears. “The only things we hate,” the father continued, “are our team, because it hates us back, and — ” Words caught in the father’s throat, and he coughed heavily as he put his son down. The man’s forehead fell into his hands. The boy, through tears, asked, “What else, father? What else do we hate?” But the father’s silence spoke volumes. “Oh,” the boy said, “we hate ourselves, yes? Is that the other thing we hate? Because we love the Knicks, who hate us, we must hate ourselves?” The father looked at his boy, tears of both pain and pride welling in the corners of his eyes, and said, “Yes, son. We hate ourselves.”
    Ouch.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Hey Guys, just food for thought. Imagine how good Lance and PG will be at 26-27

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post: