Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Knicks Postgame Thread: Utter Destruction

Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Postgame Thread: Utter Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm starting to get pretty worried we won't be able to re-sign Lance.
    Me too. We need to dump Copeland. Everyone who was against the Cope signing was right. If we can find anyone to take Mahinmi that'd be great too, but we may need to trade Luis after this year in order to keep Lance.

But anyways what a game! Maybe well win the title and Simons will be willing to go over luxury for a year.

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I don't really care a lot for the definition of "point guard" and "shooting guard".

What I know is this. Giving Lance the keys to the bench was an amazing idea. His play there gave him so much confidence in himself that he now can do it on a consistent basis with the starters. He is the one that gets to create for our team most of the time and that's exactly how it should be. I don't really care if you call that "point guard" or "shooting guard". I'll stick with shot creator
    It was not really an amazing idea. It just makes sense to play Lance Stephenson and give him the ball.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post

this popped up on reddit lmao
    BOOOOOM BABY!!!

* my new screensaver lmao.

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I'm starting to get pretty worried we won't be able to re-sign Lance.
    I'm not at all worried. The Pacers trade David West or Danny Granger or cut salary somehow to retain Lance. We shouldn't have to sacrifice West though. The only risk is if his agent screws it up.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Me too. We need to dump Copeland. Everyone who was against the Cope signing was right.
    Why were they right? He's still doing his job (hitting 3s) when he gets PT. He just doesn't get PT because Scola is better. There is nothing wrong with having insurance, though.

If we need to trade him to make room for Lance then we will do it. His contract is easily movable.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Damn, that was awesome. The Knicks aren't even in our zip code right now. They just look so deflated when they play against us. If it wasn't so cold outside, I would have thought it was May 2013 judging by the Knicks body language. They just can't succeed against us and are fortunate that this was their only trip to Indy this year (unless they come here as the 8 seed to get demolished). We are better than them at every position.

We have size in the interior that makes it almost impossible for the Knicks (and all other teams for that matter) to score, and on the other end our starting wings combined for 53 points. How in the hell can you beat us? The night obviously belonged to Lance with the career high. I kind of wish he could have hit 30 points. The steal and and 1 was the defining play of the night for him. He clowned on the Knicks as if he was playing at Rucker Park, but the dude has the game to back it up. When he's draining threes, how can you stop him? This guy is just a fan favorite too. Since Reggie retired, how many players have received ovations like Lance? He's definitely high up there.

Looks like Paul is comfortably getting out of his slump. Another solid shooting night with some beautiful threes.

Danny has really embraced his new role like a true professional. He made a lot of great passes tonight and probably should have had a couple more assists than he ended up with. He was passing so well because he created defensive problems for NY's smaller wings and forced double teams, as noted earlier in the thread. There was a great assist to West in the first half that stands out. You really can't overstate how nice it is to have him come off the bench over OJ and Solo.

Luis' Scola's rebounding totals over the last 7 games: 9, 8, 9, 5, 6, 7, 7. He played less than 20 minutes in all 7 of those games. This guy has just been crashing the boards like crazy lately. He gives max effort every night.

We're just a well oiled machine right now that essentially looks flawless. Bird's comments about cutting down on turnovers were taken to heart tonight by the team.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-16-2014 at 11:50 PM.

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Why were they right? He's still doing his job (hitting 3s) when he gets PT. He just doesn't get PT because Scola is better. There is nothing wrong with having insurance, though.

If we need to trade him to make room for Lance then we will do it. His contract is easily movable.
    Yeah, whats Cope's contract? 3.5 mil? We can easily move that and have about 11.5 million to offer Lance correct? That is more than enough IMO. I think he will end up with about a 10 million dollar contract this off-season

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Like Lance as much as the next Pacer fan but yall need to chill. Were not trading away valuable assets just to keep Lance.

I don't care. Lance can go play for a perinneal lottery team and the Pacers will still be playing for a NBA TITLES.

Its up to Lance to decide if that 2 Million is worth losing an extra 30 games. If so, sayonara.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    It was not really an amazing idea. It just makes sense to play Lance Stephenson and give him the ball.
    Agreed. We talked about it a lot in the pre-season. You know that I wanted Lance in a 6th man role in order to have the keys off the bench. Well, Vogel found a way to use him as a 6th man while starting him and this was worked better than anyone would have thought.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Like Lance as much as the next Pacer fan but yall need to chill. Were not trading away valuable assets just to keep Lance.

I don't care. Lance can go play for a perinneal lottery team and the Pacers will still be playing for a NBA TITLES.

Its up to Lance to decide if that 2 Million is worth losing an extra 30 games. If so, sayonara.
    I'm not saying we are completely ****ed and can't compete for titles without Lance. But who are the other free agent shooting guards besides Lance? We could always bring back Danny too, but who else is out there? I just really, really, really wanna keep Lance. And trading Cope is certainly worth it

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    We are not a top contending team.
    ?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cope's a good player. We were blessed to land Luis. just getting rid of GG was worth it. I don't care what he has done in PHX. Dude sucked and shoulda stayed in college.

Copes contract to GG keeps it all in perspective. Cope is very moveable and deserves PT. With that said I don't want us trading him unless its for a late first. otherwise next season several on here will agree w the signing.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone heard this funny story why JR was bench. Here goes: After getting tired of pulling other player's shoe laces, JR decided that its time to pull Woodson XXXL size underwear before the game. Coach wanted to set an example that no one can mess around his big fat a**. end of story.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zaldylee For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Yeah, whats Cope's contract? 3.5 mil? We can easily move that and have about 11.5 million to offer Lance correct? That is more than enough IMO. I think he will end up with about a 10 million dollar contract this off-season
    3 mil. We can easily make enough space to give Lance a 10 million dollar contract just by moving Cope. Signing Cope, though, was not a bad idea. He is good insurance and he's good at what he was brought in to do.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    ?
    I believe that was sarcasm

We need to clear 10 mil for him somehow. I think he would accept that, he knows how perfect of a fit this is for him. Maybe if we win a title it will convince herb to go a little into the luxury tax
    I look at this as a once in a lifetime team and opportunity. If you were ever to consider the LT this would be the time. At least it should be considered.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't really care a lot for the definition of "point guard" and "shooting guard".

What I know is this. Giving Lance the keys to the bench was an amazing idea. His play there gave him so much confidence in himself that he now can do it on a consistent basis with the starters. He is the one that gets to create for our team most of the time and that's exactly how it should be. I don't really care if you call that "point guard" or "shooting guard". I'll stick with shot creator
    I agree, the Pacers are a team with 2 guards. On any particular play one of them makes the play. We are the most balanced team in the league, perhaps the most balanced in a long time.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Gotta Play Big

Agreed. We talked about it a lot in the pre-season. You know that I wanted Lance in a 6th man role in order to have the keys off the bench. Well, Vogel found a way to use him as a 6th man while starting him and this was worked better than anyone would have thought.
    Now that I can agree with you on. If Lance is on the floor with the starters and is allowed to create, I'm fine. If he is the centerpiece when playing with the bench, I'm fine. The bottom line is that he is better at making his team mates better than any other Pacer. We simply need him out there all the time...particularly at crunch time...and the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

You can tell that Lance gets extra enjoyment out of sticking it to the hometown Knicks. I hope it torments the Knicks forever that they had the two picks immediately before the Pacers drafted him.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not saying we are completely ****ed and can't compete for titles without Lance. But who are the other free agent shooting guards besides Lance? We could always bring back Danny too, but who else is out there? I just really, really, really wanna keep Lance. And trading Cope is certainly worth it
    I believe we have all been looking for that faciliatator/creative slasher for a couple seasons... all the way back to Iggudola trades. Lance is indeed a perfect balance for this team.

He has the ability to break the defense down. To me wings are still a dime a dozen but Lance is quickly become an exception.

Still believe Lance is a beneficiary of just how good this team is.

Bottom line:

Lances play in the playoffs are going to determine where he plays next season.

* as much as the DG33 injury paved the way for PG and Lance its quickly putting a hurting on our CAP. I don't even think LEGEND expected these guys to become this good this fast. Were talking one season or two difference between millions of cash. imagine paul and lance at both half the rates then you can go as far as adding a Rondo type player which would give this team a chance to win 5 TITLES in 10 Seasons.

I would love to see Simon say fawk it. bring in Rondo and bring back lance danny luis

we would have to trade Copeland tho. sorry nuntius.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    I don't even think LEGEND expected these guys to become this good this fast.

Yeah, the worst part about Bird's moves is that these obscenely talented young players don't stay on their rookie deals forever.

But yeah, I'm sure that there are times when even Bird has to pinch himself over how freakishly good this has all worked out. I always had faith that one of the most brilliant minds in the history of basketball would deliver us a quality product once he was no longer bogged down by bad contracts, but it's just ridiculous how amazing things have turned out.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Reading some of the Knicks board post game threads reminds me of this place 4-5 years ago.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

38. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    You can tell that Lance gets extra enjoyment out of sticking it to the hometown Knicks. I hope it torments the Knicks forever that they had the two picks immediately before the Pacers drafted him.

Best thing Donnie has done for the Pacers since 2006.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Don't have to commit to paying luxury tax til trade deadline, thus signing Lance isn't the problem really, its what does Larry feel good about on his offer to Lance and will it be enough for Lance to stay. Say Pacers get to the finals and Lance plays the same as he has been, Lance will be paid and Larry will have the first half of next season to continue figuring if the tax will be worthy or not and if they stay healthy and are in this position next year then I think tax will be paid, if things aren't looking good for whatever reason then Larry can deal to get under the tax.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, the worst part about Bird's moves is that these obscenely talented young players don't stay on their rookie deals forever.

But yeah, I'm sure that there are times when even Bird has to pinch himself over how freakishly good this has all worked out.

other than missing on Rondo its tuff to find much to ^#@*! about.

The rule is that if a team hits the LT 3 seasons in a row the penalties are severe. What to do with Lance has got to be having Birds head spinning. You know he gets a chuckle out of that kid. I think Lance reminds Bird of magic.

This has got to be the greatest Pacers team ever assembled and that may extend to ABA once a BANNER is raised!

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post: