Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryan Grigson: We don't win 12 games without Trent Richardson

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ryan Grigson: We don't win 12 games without Trent Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure they could be a bit more clear, but I'll also say that you should probably read what I've said before you go after me personally. Especially right after I admit that it's possible the Colts just got fleeced.

If you don't think 12TDs and 1300 yds from scrimmage is doing anything, then I don't know what else to say except your standards are out of this world.
    I came after you personally? Please report the post in question then. I called you and KM "stubborn". Pretty vicious slander I'm tossing around today.

My standards are apparently out of this world then. As are many people's, it would seem. I'm not exactly alone in my disappointment with Trent Richardson's career. Perhaps you took the term "nothing" a bit too literally?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Perhaps you took the term "nothing" a bit too literally?
    My fault for taking words at their literal meaning. Silly me. I'd give those stats to whomever thinks his rookie year as a disappointment. Maybe you can give a standard to what kind of stats he would need to put up, in order to be successful?

And your comment wasn't vicious, it's just unnecessary.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-21-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess I'm stubborn. I believe when I watch TRich, I recognize a player that despite his perceived production this year, is capable of much more, and yes he did have circumstances around him that affected his production. I also think everyone on here already proclaiming him a bust are making a premature evaluation and conclusion. That's all you can accuse me of, and frankly, I don't feel bad sticking by it. I haven't attacked any of you. I realize I'm in the minority. If he ends up busting, which I recognize as completely possible, I'll acknowledge it. But I won't feel bad about it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

My fault for taking words at their literal meaning. Silly me. I'd give those stats to whomever thinks his rookie year as a disappointment. Maybe you can give a standard to what kind of stats he would need to put up, in order to be successful?

And your comment wasn't vicious, it's just unnecessary.
    Send them to the city of Cleveland, and Browns fans everywhere.

Yes, many of yours have been unnecessary too. Who cares?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've always found it funny when some think they have a better understanding of a professional game, than professionals. On a freaking message board.
    (no offense, honest question...not being a smart allelic)

Dont we all do that. Message boards are a place we come to talk sports (or life/politics/etc). We dont always agree. At times doesnt that mean we disagree with the "pros". (Hell, JOB has more connections than I do but I swear I could be a better coach. Same for Jim Zorn)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Send them to the city of Cleveland, and Browns fans everywhere.

Yes, many of yours have been unnecessary too. Who cares?
    So no examples of production that you would consider a succesful rookie season?

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    (no offense, honest question...not being a smart allelic)

Dont we all do that. Message boards are a place we come to talk sports (or life/politics/etc). We dont always agree. At times doesnt that mean we disagree with the "pros". (Hell, JOB has more connections than I do but I swear I could be a better coach. Same for Jim Zorn)
    Give opinions, sure. Not all of us treat our opinions like unquestionable statements of fact though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I guess I'm stubborn. I believe when I watch TRich, I recognize a player that despite his perceived production this year, is capable of much more, and yes he did have circumstances around him that affected his production. I also think everyone on here already proclaiming him a bust are making a premature evaluation and conclusion. That's all you can accuse me of, and frankly, I don't feel bad sticking by it. I haven't attacked any of you. I realize I'm in the minority. If he ends up busting, which I recognize as completely possible, I'll acknowledge it. But I won't feel bad about it.
    Which is the exact opposite of "stubborn" but then again, I run with literal definitions.

So if Trent's benching says something about Trent, what does the fact that DBrown averaged 9 carries as a starter? What does it say that Trent averaged almost 11 carries per game over that same span?

So no examples of production that you would consider a succesful rookie season?
    Nope. You hit the nail on the head. He was worth the first rounder. Don't know what I was thinking. You changed my views. Good job.

So if Trent's benching says something about Trent, what does the fact that DBrown averaged 9 carries as a starter? What does it say that Trent averaged almost 11 carries per game over that same span?
    Trent got quite a few carries against Houston (19) and the first KC game (16). He also had a few against Jax (8). But outside of that, he didn't get very much from Dec. 1 onward.

The playoff carries are the most telling. When it's playoff time, you can't afford to iron out any kinks or spend time trying to work guys up to speed. It's do or die and you gotta roll with the best players. Trent got 1 carry against KC (fumbled it) and 3 against New England. Brown got 11 and 17.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Hopefully you can pass some facts on to your Browns friends too. I wonder if they know that Trent broke Jim Brown's franchise records for most rushing yards and receiving yards for a rookie RB?

For a second consecutive week, former Alabama running back Trent Richardson put himself among elite company in the Cleveland Browns franchise's history.
    By clearing 50 yards -- and counting -- today against the Denver Broncos, Richardson passed Hall of Famer Jim Brown for most rushing yards as a rookie. As of the midway point of the third quarter, Richardson had 950 for the season. Brown had 942 in 1957.

Last week, Richardson passed both Eric Metcalf and Brown for most rushing touchdowns as a rookie. Richardson currently has 11, which ranks second in the NFL behind Arian Foster (14).
    http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...s_another.html

Man, I bet a lot more rookie RBs would love to have such a craptastic rookie season. Break franchise records, second in the league in rushing tds? HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Trent got quite a few carries against Houston (19) and the first KC game (16). He also had a few against Jax (8). But outside of that, he didn't get very much from Dec. 1 onward.

The playoff carries are the most telling. When it's playoff time, you can't afford to iron out any kinks or spend time trying to work guys up to speed. It's do or die and you gotta roll with the best players. Trent got 1 carry against KC (fumbled it) and 3 against New England. Brown got 11 and 17.
    Does it say anything about Brown and their emphasis on the power running game? That's the direction I was going for.

You guys say it's telling that the Colts benched Trent. I also think it's telling that when they benched him, they also changed offensive strategy. They didn't think Trent was THE problem, if they had they would have just switched them out and went forward. Instead, they made the change and a philosphical one as well. Tells me that they realized that they couldn't run a power scheme with Brown either.