Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

  1. #1

    Default Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    did anyone watch the game? Any assessment of Oden?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    He had a couple of easy dunks and a rebound or 2 in 8 minutes of play. After the game he talked about how they will have to monitor the swelling in his knees after playing 8 freaking minutes. Roy Hibbert isn't pissing the bed yet.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,395

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Is it just me , or does Oden slightly resemble an uglier, bigger Lebron James .. lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    I can't wait to see Hibbert "smother chicken" Oden to the floor with his verticality .. lol Yea I know TWSS .



    I can just see Roy blocking his shot all the way to the floor, and thus ending the Oden/Miami experiment ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  10. #6

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me , or does Oden slightly resemble an uglier, bigger Lebron James .. lmao
    They do look similar

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me , or does Oden slightly resemble an uglier, bigger Lebron James .. lmao
    Players for the Heat all start to look alike after a while. Kind of like people and their dogs.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #8
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,417

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Players for the Heat all start to look alike after a while. Kind of like people and their dogs.
    Or in Bosh's case, ostriches.


  15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  16. #9

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Bosh reminds me of the Devil Baby promo gag in NYC





    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,395

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me , or does Oden slightly resemble an uglier, bigger Lebron James .. lmao
    Bigger, uglier, sure. But dat hairline got the king all jealous.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Yes, it's limited minutes. Yes, he didn't do much.

    But he looked pretty good in those highlights. Major ups.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  22. #12
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,641

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me , or does Oden slightly resemble an uglier, bigger Lebron James .. lmao
    It's not just you. I've been talking about this since Oden was in college.


    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  24. #13

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Greg Oden (knee) did some light activities during Thursday's practice, and the Heat are listing him as 'day-to-day'.


    He had no soreness or unusual swelling after playing eight minutes in his debut on Wednesday, but the Heat will likely determine his status on a game-by-game basis.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1357/greg-oden
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  25. #14
    Member VideoVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coatesville, IN
    Posts
    352

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    I watched this game and I will say he looked better than I thought he would in his first game back......am I shaking in my boots worried he will be a series changer no.....but I must admit he looked pretty good.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    "I'm your huckleberry"
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Oden doesnt look a day over 55.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    The most important thing to remember is that Oden doesn't play for the Pacers, therefore his knee will be fine.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  31. #17
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,430

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The most important thing to remember is that Oden doesn't play for the Pacers, therefore his knee will be fine.
    That's close. Actually it's Oden plays for the evil Heat, therefore his knee will be fine.

  32. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Players for the Heat all start to look alike after a while. Kind of like people and their dogs.
    You say in' my nose looks dirty and smells like arse?

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  34. #19
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say in' my nose looks dirty and smells like arse?
    If the pup fits, my friend...
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  36. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,764

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or in Bosh's case, ostriches.

    That is an absolute riot! Thanks for posting it!

  37. #21
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Brian Cardinal does this to Bosh. Wish I could do this to Bosh
    Smothered Chicken!

  38. #22
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    ^all ball!

    also: verticality!!
    Last edited by dal9; 01-18-2014 at 09:33 PM.

  39. #23

    Default Re: Miami vs. Washington; Oden

    Not worried about Oden. He had 5 fouls in 3 minutes tonight vs. Charlotte. One of the benefits for Indy is our guys have been playing since 2009. He hasn't. He can't defend without fouling because he's missed almost 4 years of rule changes and strategy. Not to mention he doesn't have any respect from the refs because he hasn't sniffed a court in years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •