Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

She was giving me excuses when I asked her why she didn't explain to her child that this doesn't happen every game. Why should she want to? Based off the article and her twitter account she doesn't appear to be into sports, let alone want her kid to be involved. More power to her. But she did tell me that she said her son wanted to sit in the very last row next time. Right. He'll probably sit there with his Nintendo DS like every parent lets their child do at a movie or sporting event.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She was giving me excuses when I asked her why she didn't explain to her child that this doesn't happen every game. Why should she want to? Based off the article and her twitter account she doesn't appear to be into sports, let alone want her kid to be involved. More power to her. But she did tell me that she said her son wanted to sit in the very last row next time. Right. He'll probably sit there with his Nintendo DS like every parent lets their child do at a movie or sporting event.
    It sounds like he is the one who really wants to go, he is just worried about someone falling on him. Which, at 7, makes some sense. He needs a game where no one falls on him, or he needs to get a little older to understand probability.

I wouldn't expect him to be in back with the DS, he wasn't at the last game based on her description.

It is unfortunate that she is a Star employee and can't accept what PS&E would offer to anyone in the same situation.

What really burns me is that she asks how to find out what happened and how to keep it from happening again. Since she didn't bother to listen to the guy or do anything more than assume what was happening, she isn't the one to answer these questions - nor did she really do anything to help the Fieldhouse answer the questions. She just used a magnifying glass to make a tiny spark look like a forest fire and then asks why there was a forest fire.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It sounds like he is the one who really wants to go, he is just worried about someone falling on him. Which, at 7, makes some sense. He needs a game where no one falls on him, or he needs to get a little older to understand probability.

I wouldn't expect him to be in back with the DS, he wasn't at the last game based on her description.

It is unfortunate that she is a Star employee and can't accept what PS&E would offer to anyone in the same situation.

What really burns me is that she asks how to find out what happened and how to keep it from happening again. Since she didn't bother to listen to the guy or do anything more than assume what was happening, she isn't the one to answer these questions - nor did she really do anything to help the Fieldhouse answer the questions. She just used a magnifying glass to make a tiny spark look like a forest fire and then asks why there was a forest fire.
    Well, I could've tried to land the haymaker with the " People have warned us that Pacers games can turn into bacchanalias, suggesting they’re not places for kids." comment, which I should've. Outside of the fan sections there's really nothing rowdy about a game. She painted the picture that the Pacers were not a family-friendly way to spend your entertainment dollar and should just stay at home and watch a documentary on Netflix about starving children in Guatemala.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post: