Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 178

Thread: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

  1. #126

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Who is implying that the guy was drunk ?? Just the kid's Mom ?? Well .............

  2. #127

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Accidents happen....I feel like someone with a kid should understand that better than most.

    Don't get me wrong I understand the desire to protect your child, but if someone apologizes and even it sounds like he hung around for a while, what else could he do?
    Ya I am sorry but if it was my kid (3.5 year old girl) I am tossing the guy further down the row drunk or not. Atleast that is my initial reaction putting myself in her shoes. IF he feel by accident and has a concerned look on his face all is forgiven but if he smells of alcohol or was wrestling behind me and it happens I will not hold back on a person.

    I have little patience for ignorant unaware people and it sounds like this guy was but regardless the INDystar needs to do a better job investigating if they are going to portray Pacers games like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is implying that the guy was drunk ?? Just the kid's Mom ?? Well .............
    Drunk or not stands on a 40 degree decline is no place to wrestle. IF the guy had fallen on my kid he would have had my hand on his throat helping him up off of her. If he had a concern look on his face I would hold back but if he had a drunken stupor look I would make it a point to wipe it off. Thats just me though.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 01-16-2014 at 01:39 PM.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  4. #128

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya I am sorry but if it was my kid (3.5 year old girl) I am tossing the guy further down the row drunk or not.
    No, you're not.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  6. #129

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    As a carousing bozo I find the title a little offensive too.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  8. #130
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,077

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    That would be a great message. Stranger bumps into you, throw em down some stairs.

    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  9. #131

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ............ if he had a drunken stupor look I would make it a point to wipe it off.
    You're not doing that either.

  10. #132
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Ooooooooookay.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  11. #133

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're not doing that either.
    Well I guess if you want me too I can be vouch for my sincerity at the next Pacersdigest get together.

    I am not joking either.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 01-16-2014 at 01:46 PM.

  12. #134

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    ^^ Really ?? I mean - REALLY ??

  13. #135
    This must be a bad dream.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not really where I want to be.
    Posts
    1,372
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya I am sorry but if it was my kid (3.5 year old girl) I am tossing the guy further down the row drunk or not. Atleast that is my initial reaction putting myself in her shoes. IF he feel by accident and has a concerned look on his face all is forgiven but if he smells of alcohol or was wrestling behind me and it happens I will not hold back on a person.

    I have little patience for ignorant unaware people and it sounds like this guy was but regardless the INDystar needs to do a better job investigating if they are going to portray Pacers games like this.


    Drunk or not stands on a 40 degree decline is no place to wrestle. IF the guy had fallen on my kid he would have had my hand on his throat helping him up off of her. If he had a concern look on his face I would hold back but if he had a drunken stupor look I would make it a point to wipe it off. Thats just me though.
    That's really not a good idea because you could very well be causing lots
    more problems for yourself than you would be solving.

    Summoning security personnel to apprehend the offender would be a
    much wiser (and mature) coarse of action.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:


  15. #136

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not joking either.
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ..............................

  16. #137

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's really not a good idea because you could very well be causing lots
    more problems for yourself than you would be solving.

    Summoning security personnel to apprehend the offender would be a
    much wiser (and mature) coarse of action.
    I am not saying its the right action but it would be my intial reaction. IF the guy landed on top of my girl I am not waiting for him to take 5 seconds to get off of her while I watch. I mean who does that?

    I am pulling the guy off and he had better have an explanation. That is my anger in the moment though and how I react to stuff like this. I know I have a rage in side of me when my kid gets hurt because of a grown mans dumb deciscion. IF its another kid I keep it in check but a full grown man is another story. I don't make excuses for peoples dumb decisions.

  17. #138

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ..............................
    Its not a threat. You and me can talk one on one and I will literally explain to you my sincerity at the get together. I think you will not doubt it once you see me and listen to me. Again I am not impling to get physical with you. That would be stupid but you can see that I am not a guy who says this stuff like I don't really believe I would do it. I know myself and I know my temper. You to act like I don't is just silly and I don't mind telling you so in person.

    I am a pretty chill guy but when it comes to family I am not.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 01-16-2014 at 02:04 PM.

  18. #139
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Remind me to not do anything on accident around some of you

    ďWE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKINGĒ- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  20. #140
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not saying its the right action but it would be my intial reaction. IF the guy landed on top of my girl I am not waiting for him to take 5 seconds to get off of her while I watch. I mean who does that?

    I am pulling the guy off and he had better have an explanation. That is my anger in the moment though and how I react to stuff like this. I know I have a rage in side of me when my kid gets hurt because of a grown mans dumb deciscion. IF its another kid I keep it in check but a full grown man is another story. I don't make excuses for peoples dumb decisions.
    Let me give you an example - your daughter is shorter than the seat back. The guy is falling. In order not to slam into your wife he twists to hit the "empty" seat, only to find out it's your daughter. He's dazed from falling when you grab him up.

    1) How can you tell if he was drunk or unconcerned?
    2) How was that a bad decision?
    3) I doubt he is the first thing you are worried about, right? (I mean by that, I know you, you'd be diving after your daughter first and paying attention to him later)

    I'm afraid that leaping to conclusions based on assumptions can get people into big trouble. What kind of burns me about the world, though, is if someone like you beat the crap out of the guy most people would feel sorry for anything that happened to you even if it was a pure accident and the guy was trying not to hurt anyone. It's the way we are, and probably why I tend to knee-jerk a little in the other direction when faced with it.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  21. #141
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not a threat. You and me can talk one on one and I will literally explain to you my sincerity at the get together. I think you will not doubt it once you see me and listen to me. Again I am not impling to get physical with you. That would be stupid but merely you can see that I am not a guy who says this stuff like I don't really believe I would do it. I know myself and I know my temper. You to act like I don't is just silly and I don't mind telling you so in person.

    I am a pretty chill guy but when it comes to family I am not.

    I am coming to the next forum party. Gamble goes off.

  22. #142
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    It's not hard to tell when alcohol is involved. I don't care if it was accidental, if you've been drinking and you fall into my child and injure him it's not going to be pretty.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  23. #143

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am coming to the next forum party. Gamble goes off.
    LOL. Don't worry I won't bring my daughter to those since Bills likes his fancy beer too much.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 01-16-2014 at 03:00 PM.

  24. #144
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL. Don't worry I don't bring my daughter to those since Bills likes his fancy beer too much.
    Does she have a problem with fancy beer?

    ďWE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKINGĒ- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #145
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Many of you are acting like it is impossible to determine if a guy is drunk or not. Well this incident happended right before halftime, so they have been sitting behind you for over an hour, so you know if they have been drinking and if they are getting drunk and you know how they have been acting because you hear a lot of what the people directly behind you say. You also by this time an hour into the game have a very good idea who the guy is.

    If I am sitting there with my kid and the guy is behind me there with his wife or children, doesn't appear to be drinking at all, then I would think it is an accident. if he has already made 5 beer runs down the steps and is getting louder and louder, then yes I would be much quicker to step in and handle the situation. My point is you get a very good feel for the people sitting directly in front of you and directly behind you. usually takes 10 minutes or so to have it nailed

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  27. #146
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL. Don't worry I don't bring my daughter to those since Bills likes his fancy beer too much.
    You're implying I would fall on her?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  28. #147

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me give you an example - your daughter is shorter than the seat back. The guy is falling. In order not to slam into your wife he twists to hit the "empty" seat, only to find out it's your daughter. He's dazed from falling when you grab him up.

    1) How can you tell if he was drunk or unconcerned?
    2) How was that a bad decision?
    3) I doubt he is the first thing you are worried about, right? (I mean by that, I know you, you'd be diving after your daughter first and paying attention to him later)

    I'm afraid that leaping to conclusions based on assumptions can get people into big trouble. What kind of burns me about the world, though, is if someone like you beat the crap out of the guy most people would feel sorry for anything that happened to you even if it was a pure accident and the guy was trying not to hurt anyone. It's the way we are, and probably why I tend to knee-jerk a little in the other direction when faced with it.
    Very true.

    Again I am not saying its the right reaction but if the guy was on top of her and appeared drunk or incapable of getting up right away then my hand will grab whatever sensitive part of his body to help him up and he had better have an explanation.

    I am a pretty aware person especially around my kid. I know who is yelling and getting beers around me. This lady might of not been but I know the upper deck clientele is not the same as the lower deck so I am much more on guard around there.

  29. #148
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,077

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Many of you are acting like it is impossible to determine if a guy is drunk or not. Well this incident happended right before halftime, so they have been sitting behind you for over an hour, so you know if they have been drining and if they are getting drunk and you know how they have been acting because you hear a lot of what the people directly behind you say. You also by this time an hour into the game have a very good idea who is guy is.

    If I am sitting there with my kid and the guy is behind me there with his wife or children, doesn't appear to be drinking at all, then I would think it is an accident. if he has already made 5 beer runs down the steps and is getting louder and louder, then yes I would be much quicker to step in and handle the situation. My point is you get a very good feel for the people sitting directly in front of you and directly behind you. usually takes 10 minutes or so to have it nailed
    I don't think anyone is questioning how to tell if people are drunk. The problem is thinking that the proper way to handle the situation, is to get phsyical. It could very easily end up with you falling on someone else's kid.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-16-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  30. #149
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Many of you are acting like it is impossible to determine if a guy is drunk or not. Well this incident happended right before halftime, so they have been sitting behind you for over an hour, so you know if they have been drinking and if they are getting drunk and you know how they have been acting because you hear a lot of what the people directly behind you say. You also by this time an hour into the game have a very good idea who the guy is.

    If I am sitting there with my kid and the guy is behind me there with his wife or children, doesn't appear to be drinking at all, then I would think it is an accident. if he has already made 5 beer runs down the steps and is getting louder and louder, then yes I would be much quicker to step in and handle the situation. My point is you get a very good feel for the people sitting directly in front of you and directly behind you. usually takes 10 minutes or so to have it nailed
    I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the people two rows behind me (remember, the row directly behind the writer was empty) unless they are really loud and obnoxious. If that's the case, then sure, you're right. But I'm usually looking down, not up.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  31. #150
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: My sonís first Pacers game was ruined by carousing bozo

    Boy this thread derailed quickly..
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •