Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 159

Thread: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

  1. #51
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If average players like Tyreke Evans get 10 million, than Lance will get at least 10
    I do think that the Pelicans did slightly overpay Tyreke to entice him to go to NOLA......if some of us are comparing Lance to a Player like Tyreke Evans ( I think that Tyreke is the floor and Wade is the ceiling )....then Tyreke is ( by no means ) an average Player. Tyreke Evans IMHO is ( at worst ) a quailty "Slightly Above Average" Starting Guard in the NBA.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-16-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #52
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was wondering if the extra year/bigger percent raises (home team advantage deal) were in play in Lance's case with him being a second rounder.
    Can someone work out how a $40 mil / 5 Year and $44 mil / 5 Year Contract Offer would look like when broken down by Season ( assuming raises )?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  3. #53

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    My biggest concern is that we don't move Copeland or anyone else that is expendable for an expiring we won't be able to resign him. Copeland should be able to net a 3rd string scrub center or pf for us.

  4. #54
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,592

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My biggest concern is that we don't move Copeland or anyone else that is expendable for an expiring we won't be able to resign him. Copeland should be able to net a 3rd string scrub center or pf for us.
    I've said I would think the Lakers would love a guy like Copeland, a 4 who has range beyond the 3 pt line? Perfect in his system

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If average players like Tyreke Evans get 10 million, than Lance will get at least 10
    I hope you're wrong because I think he's gone if that happens. There's a point where I think Larry will be tempted to spend another mil, then there's a point where he won't even think about it and I think 10 mil is at that point. Larry isn't one to blow smoke and he was very clear just a few weeks ago that he'll give Lance a fair offer but has no problem in plugging in someone else and that he thinks the team would be fine in doing that. I don't want Lance to leave but it's unrealistic to think that Larry will do whatever it takes to keep him. That's reserved for Hibbert and Paul.

  7. #56
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,746

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    I think Lance, playing at a high level, sets us apart. He's part of what makes us special. Losing him will set us back a bit. Maybe not the bottom falling completely out, but we lose an element that I think concerns other teams when they play us.

  8. #57

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Couldn't we structure Lance's deal like Houston structured Lin and Asik contracts. Something like..

    Year 1 - 8m
    Year 2 - 10m
    Year 3 - 14m
    Year 4 - 16m

    4 years 48m deal, and large numbers would come up when West is off the books. Would limit our future, but we can try to find West's replacement in the draft later on.

  9. #58
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't we structure Lance's deal like Houston structured Lin and Asik contracts. Something like..

    Year 1 - 8m
    Year 2 - 10m
    Year 3 - 14m
    Year 4 - 16m

    4 years 48m deal, and large numbers would come up when West is off the books. Would limit our future, but we can try to find West's replacement in the draft later on.
    No, he has to stay within the maximum raise amount, which isn't nearly that much. The Lin and Asik contracts are a special case for 2nd round picks who are restricted free agents and only have early bird rights with their team. It prevents other teams from simply offering the minimum price that their current team has no way of matching.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  10. #59
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,592

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    We have to keep Lance

  11. #60

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, he has to stay within the maximum raise amount, which isn't nearly that much. The Lin and Asik contracts are a special case for 2nd round picks who are restricted free agents and only have early bird rights with their team. It prevents other teams from simply offering the minimum price that their current team has no way of matching.
    Damn. Thanks for clearing up!

  12. #61
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn. Thanks for clearing up!
    Yeah, it would definitely help us out. Stephenson is playing much better than I thought he would this season, and I think it's fast becoming clear that we will need him to stay on as a top team as West slows down. Man that 2010 draft
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  13. #62
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,300
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Hopefully we win the championship this year and herb will go into LT to sign Lance if needed. This could be a dynasty. Surely he's willing to pony up the dough if that happens.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  15. #63

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Tyreke Evans was overpaid because he was a RFA. IMO, restricted free agents get overpaid because it takes a little more to pull them away from their team. Look at Nicolas Batum. I would also say Hibbert was overpaid based on what he did after that year. He has clearly earned it since then by turning into the best defensive player in the league, but after one good year, the max was a lot.

  16. #64
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    483
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    I think that we WILL go over the luxury tax to sign Lance this season. Only because we will have to, and it will buy us a little time, right? As long as we are below the LT by the end of the next season, we are ok, right? Got to keep Lance. Championships, Dynastys and sold out arenas are WAY more valuable than the "relatively" small amount we MAY go over...

  17. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that we WILL go over the luxury tax to sign Lance this season. Only because we will have to, and it will buy us a little time, right? As long as we are below the LT by the end of the next season, we are ok, right? Got to keep Lance. Championships, Dynastys and sold out arenas are WAY more valuable than the "relatively" small amount we MAY go over...
    I think that's almost a given, the question is by how much. Larry can go over the LT with the plan being to move Copeland but that still may not be enough. Assuming PG gets the higher contract I think we'll be at approx. 70.5 mil without Lance or Danny. That leaves about 4.5 mil for Lance. Move Copeland and we have about 7.5 mil to spend on Lance to get us to the projected 75 mil L.T. point. I doubt if 7.5 mil gets it done. At that point do you want to also cut Scola or move Ian to keeep Lance? Keep in mind that Hibbert will opt out the following year and will demand a higher salary. We can not let our desire to keep Lance allow us to lose Hibbert who is far more valueable to the team. This is why I think Larry said that he will give Lance a fair offer but will plug in someone else if he has to. It seems like everyone is just ignoring what Larry said a just few weeks ago.

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/q-and-larry-bird-2013
    I never worry about that. If Lance isn't here, we'll plug somebody else in. Obviously I think this is the best situation for Lance.
    We will make him a great offer, an offer that I think is very fair. If you look at our books, how does anyone know what's going to happen in the summer. How do they know we're not going to make trades or have more money or less money. We will try to sign Lance, but I don't worry about it. If Lance is not here, we'll get somebody else.
    Last edited by Pacerized; 01-17-2014 at 09:07 AM.

  18. #66
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,176

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    The NBA is missing the boat on selling a Lance nickname jersey.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  19. #67
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that's almost a given, the question is by how much. Larry can go over the LT with the plan being to move Copeland but that still may not be enough. Assuming PG gets the higher contract I think we'll be at approx. 70.5 mil without Lance or Danny. That leaves about 4.5 mil for Lance. Move Copeland and we have about 7.5 mil to spend on Lance to get us to the projected 75 mil L.T. point. I doubt if 7.5 mil gets it done. At that point do you want to also cut Scola or move Ian to keeep Lance? Keep in mind that Hibbert will opt out the following year and will demand a higher salary. We can not let our desire to keep Lance allow us to lose Hibbert who is far more valueable to the team. This is why I think Larry said that he will give Lance a fair offer but will plug in someone else if he has to. It seems like everyone is just ignoring what Larry said a just few weeks ago.

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/q-and-larry-bird-2013
    I never worry about that. If Lance isn't here, we'll plug somebody else in. Obviously I think this is the best situation for Lance.
    We will make him a great offer, an offer that I think is very fair. If you look at our books, how does anyone know what's going to happen in the summer. How do they know we're not going to make trades or have more money or less money. We will try to sign Lance, but I don't worry about it. If Lance is not here, we'll get somebody else.
    I wouldn't say a given. Even Chicago, which makes much more money off of both tickets and merchandise than the Pacers, wouldn't stay in the luxury tax. They dipped into it temporarily out of necessity, but they got out of it as soon as possible. I also don't think they will get rid of both Scola AND Copeland. They want that scorer off the bench. Obviously Scola is better, but he is also more expensive.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  20. #68

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that we WILL go over the luxury tax to sign Lance this season. Only because we will have to, and it will buy us a little time, right? As long as we are below the LT by the end of the next season, we are ok, right? Got to keep Lance. Championships, Dynastys and sold out arenas are WAY more valuable than the "relatively" small amount we MAY go over...
    Wow, this makes me feel a lot better. Expiring contracts of Scola and Copeland would not be hard to get rid of mid season next year. (Though it'd be nice if we could keep Luis).

  21. #69

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Re-signing Lance is a must! Trade Granger or Hill if we have too. That's why i feel this is the year for the Pacers. They have all the talent they need.

  22. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't say a given. Even Chicago, which makes much more money off of both tickets and merchandise than the Pacers, wouldn't stay in the luxury tax. They dipped into it temporarily out of necessity, but they got out of it as soon as possible. I also don't think they will get rid of both Scola AND Copeland. They want that scorer off the bench. Obviously Scola is better, but he is also more expensive.
    I don't think it's at all a given that we'll pay the L.T., only that Larry would offer Lance the money that Copeland makes plus the small amount that we have to wiggle under the L.T. which totals to about 7.5 mil. Sadly I doubt if that's enough to keep Lance and I don't think Larry is willing to go any further then that. If it takes more then 8 mil to keep Lance then I think it's most likely that he's gone. Larry will not be able to pay the L.T. and he won't gut the team of Scola, Ian and or George Hill along with Copeland to keep Lance. It's too high of a price when you keep in mind that Hibbert will opt out the following year. We can not allow keeping Lance to cost us Hibbert

  23. #71
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,592

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think it's at all a given that we'll pay the L.T., only that Larry would offer Lance the money that Copeland makes plus the small amount that we have to wiggle under the L.T. which totals to about 7.5 mil. Sadly I doubt if that's enough to keep Lance and I don't think Larry is willing to go any further then that. If it takes more then 8 mil to keep Lance then I think it's most likely that he's gone. Larry will not be able to pay the L.T. and he won't gut the team of Scola, Ian and or George Hill along with Copeland to keep Lance. It's too high of a price when you keep in mind that Hibbert will opt out the following year. We can not allow keeping Lance to cost us Hibbert
    Or we could just trade Cope and then sign Lance

  24. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or we could just trade Cope and then sign Lance
    Yes but that still doesn't give us more then 7.5 mil to pay Lance without hitting the L.T. It's the same end result as signing Lance and then moving Copeland.

  25. #73
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    I thought we could give Lance around 7-8 per as is, and if we dumped Copeland's deal that would then be closer to 9-11?

  26. #74
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,439

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought we could give Lance around 7-8 per as is, and if we dumped Copeland's deal that would then be closer to 9-11?
    Are you leaving room for the rest of the roster needed to meet the minimum?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  27. #75
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you leaving room for the rest of the roster needed to meet the minimum?
    What minimum? We're well over the cap as it is; this is just about avoiding the luxury tax, so far as I know. Oh, wait, you mean minimum number of players on the roster?

    Well, here's who will be here next year:

    Roy, West, George, in this scenario Lance, Hill, Watson, Scola, Solo, I think Orlando has one more year, and Ian. So there's 10. Oh, and Sloan has one more year. So that's all. We need 13. If they sign their 2nd round pick and either give Butler a new minimum deal or someone like him, we'll be okay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •