Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

Default Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...offseason.html

If they fail to land a star of the magnitude of Anthony or James, there is a consolation prize. The Bulls would love to nab Lance Stephenson from the Indiana Pacers, move Jimmy Butler to the three and add highly touted Nikola Mirotic after using the amnesty clause on Carlos Boozer. That would give them a talented roster, but still not a great one.
    That's a small except. Full article above.

And yes, it's another Lance thread
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bulls Eye Lance Stephenson?

DONT DO IT LANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WILL COME BACK!!!!!

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

On a serious note if the Bulls do get him I will hate their franchise even more than I already do

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...offseason.html

That's a small except. Full article above.

And yes, it's another Lance thread
    If they Amnesty Boozer....which pretty much is a given.....then the Bulls will have about $14 mil in CapSpace before hitting the projected 2014-2015 Salary Cap of $62.1 mil. They will have 8 Players on the Books.....which means that they would have to still sign 5 Players. Minus Nikola Mirotic ( one of the Draft Picks from a year back ) along with their 2014-2015 first and second round Draft Picks ( which they can go over hte Salary Cap to sign )...they would have 2 Players to sign. AT MOST....Worst Case Scenario....after leaving enough Cap Space to sign a 13th Veteran Minimum Player....that means that we are looking at the Bulls having the Capspace to offer any Single Free Agent ( including Lance ) a Contract starting at $13.25 mil a year ( which translates into someting starting around a $53 mil Contract )?

Is Lance worth that much? probably not...but I guarantee you that some Team will overpay for his services.

Also....I am not sure if Lance being mentioned as a Target of the Bulls is speculation on the part of the Writer or if there is actual interest in Lance from the Bulls.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-15-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

If they sign Lance, they can't sign Mirotic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Mirotic ain't gonna be cheap to get over here

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Mirotic ain't gonna be cheap to get over here
    Especially sinc ethe Bulls have already been acknowledging the fact that they can go outside of the rookie salary scale now on him. Dude is gonna get paid.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't see Lance and Rose working well with each other. If Stephenson developed an even better jumper? Rose and Stephenson would be so deadly.
    “This was just a taste,” George said. “I want to be here every year until I can’t go no more.”

Mirotic is making $4.7m right now. If he's making that much in Europe with Real Madrid, it will take at least $7m to get him over here in a completely different continent and culture than where he's from.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

So if they cant land Anthony or James they'll settle with Lance? Theres a huge gap in talent there
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

Also....I am not sure if Lance being mentioned as a Target of the Bulls is speculation on the part of the Writer or if there is actual interest in Lance from the Bulls.
    Well they did sign Dunleavy and Augustin, so it's a good possibility.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

I've prepared myself for the likelihood that we won't have as good of a team next year and that we most likely won't have Danny. I'm even prepared for the very good chance that we won't have Lance. There needs to be a limit as to what Bird will pay him and we might get outbid by too much to sway him to stay here, but I'm not prepared to deal with the Bulls being the team that steals him

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I've prepared myself for the likelihood that we won't have as good of a team next year and that we most likely won't have Danny. I'm even prepared for the very good chance that we won't have Lance. There needs to be a limit as to what Bird will pay him and we might get outbid by too much to sway him to stay here, but I'm not prepared to deal with the Bulls being the team that steals him
    IF Lance winds up out of our price range we'll have no problem keeping Danny should we choose. That's for another (tired, old) thread, but if we can't afford Lance we've got plenty of room under the tax to keep Danny, or use the MLE on another player/s.

Obviously the ideal is to keep Lance on a long term, reasonable deal (well, the ideal is that AND Danny taking the minimum I guess, but that's nutty), but if Lance takes the money (good for him) it's not like we have zero to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    IF Lance winds up out of our price range we'll have no problem keeping Danny should we choose. That's for another (tired, old) thread, but if we can't afford Lance we've got plenty of room under the tax to keep Danny, or use the MLE on another player/s.

Obviously the ideal is to keep Lance on a long term, reasonable deal (well, the ideal is that AND Danny taking the minimum I guess, but that's nutty), but if Lance takes the money (good for him) it's not like we have zero to spend.
    That's what I hope would happen if we lose Lance. No matter how it goes we'll have less talent next year.

They can eye him but they have no money. Even if they amnesty Boozer. I'm scared that Lance will get paid out of our price range, but not by the Bulls. There are plenty of other teams that have cap space and a need.

If we shed Copeland's salary next year, how much can we pay Lance?

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    If we shed Copeland's salary next year, how much can we pay Lance?
    Without yearly raises and assuming we don't take back any money, about $12m.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Well they did sign Dunleavy and Augustin, so it's a good possibility.
    Copeland

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    They can eye him but they have no money. Even if they amnesty Boozer. I'm scared that Lance will get paid out of our price range, but not by the Bulls. There are plenty of other teams that have cap space and a need.
    Unless some Team offers Lance something above $14 mil a year ( which I think is WAY OVERPAYING ), the Bulls will have Capspace to offer him ( or anyone ) a $13+ mil a year contract ( if they Amnesty Boozer ).

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    On a serious note if the Bulls do get him I will hate their franchise even more than I already do
    Seriously, right now....I think that there is a 60/40 chance that Lance won't re-sign with the Pacers ( cuz someone is going to offer him some contract that is more than $9+ mil a year....even up to $10+ mil if someone really wanted to overpay for him ) and inching closer to 99% chance of this happening IF Copeland is not traded BEFORE Mid-February 2014.

Seriously, right now....I think that there is a 60/40 chance that Lance won't re-sign with the Pacers ( cuz someone is going to offer him some contract that is more than $9+ mil a year....even up to $10+ mil if someone really wanted to overpay for him ) and inching closer to 99% chance of this happening IF Copeland is not traded BEFORE Mid-February 2014.
    We have until the trade deadline next year to move Copeland if we must... It will be relatively easy to dump his salary in this instance...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    We have until the trade deadline next year to move Copeland if we must... It will be relatively easy to dump his salary in this instance...
    Yes....but at what cost would it be to dump Copeland's contract in 2015 AFTER the Pacers are over the LT threshold but before the trade deadline when Teams know that the Pacers MUST dump his Salary while getting a TPE or sending him to a Team under the Salary Cap?

Multiple draft picks and Solo just to get a TPE?

To be clear...i'm not saying that he's not worth it and you do what you must do to keep him......I'm saying that I think that there will be a cost to dump Copeland....that cost will become significantl higher the longer it takes.

I don't know what the cost is before February 20th to trade Copeland for an Expiring....I just know that the price to move him will exponentially go up after February 21st.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I swear, if Lance goes to the Bulls, Heat, Lakers, or Knicks...

Anything else would make me

But any of those 4...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I swear, if Lance goes to the Bulls, Heat, Lakers, or Knicks...

Anything else would make me

But any of those 4...
    Prepare yourself to be

Teams like the Heat ( assuming that this is the last year of the Big 3...which I think it is ) and the Lakers are going to be in complete Re-tool mode where they will have A LOT of Capspace to rebuild their ENTIRE Starting Lineup next season. I also think that there will be Teams that can offer him some $10 to 11 mil a year offer and have a need for a Starting SG ( like the Bulls ) that can make a run at him.

Any of those Teams can offer him ( or any other Free Agent ) some $10 to 12+ mil a year contract offer while filling a need for a future Starting SG spot. Some may think that Lance will want to stay with a Championship Team....but I think that $$$ is the most important thing for him now. I wouldn't blame Lance for taking more money to go to a Young Team that is some may now be Lottery Team.

The only Team that you don't have to worry is the Knicks.....they are such a mess from a Salary Cap perspective that even if Melo leaves....which I think he will...they will still be over the Salary Cap. At most, they can offer him ( or any Free Agent ) the full MLE.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-16-2014 at 02:59 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Unless some Team offers Lance something above $14 mil a year ( which I think is WAY OVERPAYING ), the Bulls will have Capspace to offer him ( or anyone ) a $13+ mil a year contract ( if they Amnesty Boozer ).
    They won't. They have at least 1 first round rookie, cap holds, and they plan to sign Mirotic. Possibly two picks (Charlotte's). Even if they renounced all picks (obviously won't happen) and left Mirotic in Europe (probably won't happen, since they'd be left with just Gibson and Noah at big men spots), they'd have some 12 mil in cap space. More likely they'll have around mid level.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post: