Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warriors acquire Jordan Crawford, Marshon Brooks in trade with Celtics, Heat

Sports Logo

Default Re: Warriors acquire Jordan Crawford, Marshon Brooks in trade with Celtics, Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Between the Heat moving Anthony and the Clippers signing Turk for the remainder of the year, I assume that the Heat will indeed go after Bynum. I hope the Nets offer him more along with a starting spot.
    The only thing that the Heat can offer Bynum is a chance to make it to the ECF......they can't offer him the one thing that I assume that he wants...guaranteed minutes. The Nets and the Hawks are the only Team that I think can offer him a Playoff run ( and therefore more exposure ) and ( most importantly ) a guaranteed # of minutes ( even if it is as a Backup ) at the Center spot ( to show that he still has whatever he has left in the tank ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Warriors acquire Jordan Crawford, Marshon Brooks in trade with Celtics, Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Both players are still young, and remember Marshon was averaging close to 20PPG when the Nets were in NJ. But then, they traded for JJ. Benched Marshon, and killed his confidence. Then the big move to Brooklyn, and finally trading Marshon. The Warriors will treat him much better, and give him a legit role without the question marks and treating him like a scrub. Marshon was not what the "win now Nets" needed though. They needed a big, marquee name. So they sacrificed young talent for bright lights in JJ. Hasn't worked out though.
    Marshon Brooks is like Gerald Green....atheltic Guard that can score but has the baksetball IQ of a turnip. he's better served going to a team like the Suns. He wont get minutes in a regular Warriors Wingman rotation that already has Curry, Klay, Iggy, Barnes and Jordan Crawford in the lineup.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    Could it be used for a sign and trade with some other team? (Team x signs Bynum, trades with Miami for player x) just curious

Edit: only thought of it since Miami's roster is still full. Could be a way to get him while saving a few bucks
    nope

you cannot sign and then trade a free agent, unless he is "your" free agent (Bird rights, early Bird rights, etc.)
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Could it be used for a sign and trade with some other team? (Team x signs Bynum, trades with Miami for player x) just curious

Edit: only thought of it since Miami's roster is still full. Could be a way to get him while saving a few bucks
    It's possible....but i think that it's a more reasonable assumption that they will use the TPE to shave off salary so that they can reduce the amount of LT they pay this year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

$10M Question might be referring to the actual mathematical computation of the saving.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Hmm, I thought the Warriors were going after Professor 'Dre. I guess Crawford can help with their bench's terrible offense and Marshon could be an acceptable 'Assistant to the Bazemore'.

The Bynum speculation is pretty much a Walking Dead character at this point. I (and the rest of the fans) just want it to die, but it will probably come back as a poorly planned, ineffectual ghost later on in the season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    nope

you cannot sign and then trade a free agent, unless he is "your" free agent (Bird rights, early Bird rights, etc.)
    And not only that, but no team can complete a sign and trade during the season.

Plus, in Miami's case, since their team salary is above the apron ($4 million over the salary cap), they can't receive a player in a sign and trade unless their team salary ends up below the apron after the trade. Which would be around $6 million less salary in Miami's case.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Both players are still young, and remember Marshon was averaging close to 20PPG when the Nets were in NJ.
    12.6 isn't really close to 20, my friend.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

If Crawford can keep his head on straight, this is a great move for the Dubs. Potentially a big upgrade over Douglas/Bazemore at point. Solid win-win-win for all teams involved

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No that is illegal have to wait 3 monts to be traded, that is precisely the reason why.

I like this move for Golden State, they will get instant offense off the bench now with Crawford, and if his shot isn't falling, you can always just bench him