Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just incase you missed this little gem

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Just incase you missed this little gem

PS&E or whatever DJ they have at BLF need to get some sort of a sampling of Cold as Ice by Foreigner for when Lance starts going off.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PS&E or whatever DJ they have at BLF need to get some sort of a sampling of Cold as Ice by Foreigner for when Lance starts going off.
    I want them to run a film of James Brown whenever he (literally) hits the floor...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Back home in Indiana...nice little jam to fade it out.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    It's definitely lip synched. It may be Lance's recorded voice doing the voice-over, but I'm not sure.
    It is certainly Lance's voice, and I'm pretty sure it's just sketchy audio editing making the sound appear slightly off at points.... not that it matters.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

wait, you guys can understand what he's saying when he's not just talking normally?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    wait, you guys can understand what he's saying when he's not just talking normally?
    My wife is an Emmy-award winning videographer and she is constantly editing videos in our home office which we share, for better or worse. After a while you start to get an ear for the stuff.

Also, Lance's voice is pretty distinctive. Check out him howling while playing piano in the hotel clip from a couple weeks back...

...again, doesn't really matter, just someone else here seemed totally convinced it was an overdub and I don't think that's the case. I think the video was just done fairly cheaply and there might have been some minor audio track issues. Youtube can do that to videos sometimes too depending on the format you upload.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I have no idea if it's dubbed or not, don't care, I just legitimately can't understand what "Sir Lance-A-Lot" is saying other than a few words here and there.

It is Lance's voice. It may be overdubbed, but likely it's just the result of some post-production timing issues (intentional or otherwise)

But that's definitely Lance.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There were lots of great lines in this video.

"Born Ready, Born Ready to New Orleans!"

“He goes left, he goes right like the Q Train to Coney Island.”

"He holds the ball like MJ! It's gotta be the shoes!"
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Starters crew covered this last night. They also took a funny jab at him and how he downplayed playing on the All-Star team during the postgame interview on NBATV and then immediately released the campaign video that night.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    The Starters crew covered this last night. They also took a funny jab at him and how he downplayed playing on the All-Star team during the postgame interview on NBATV and then immediately released the campaign video that night.

Yeah I thought of that too after seeing the vid.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Isn't it amazing how far and how quickly this guy has come?

From: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lance-s...071334133.html

SAN FRANCISCO Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson had one concern when he recently made a video campaigning for his inclusion in this season's NBA All-Star Game.

"I was scared," Stephenson said, "about what Larry would say."

"Larry" is Larry Bird, Pacers president and Hall of Fame forward. Bird was a 12-time All-Star, and it's safe to say he didn't have to stump for votes for any of his selections.

Stephenson is enjoying a breakthrough season of sorts in his fourth year in the NBA, and felt his own All-Star candidacy could use a little bump. A week ago, he unveiled his alter ego "Sir Lance-A-Lot" in a humorous 62-second online clip that has him wearing a wig, high-water pants, suspenders and a bowtie.

The video has generated more than 320,000 views, including at least one from Bird, who didn't hesitate to give Stephenson his review.

"He said, 'Hey, you did a good job. You should try being in a movie one day,' " Stephenson said. "He sent me a text and I was [relieved]."

The filming of the 62-second video took about 30 minutes and was directed by an Indianapolis music video producer. Indiana coach Frank Vogel even snuck in a clip of it while showing the team scouting video in preparation for a recent game against the New York Knicks. The All-Star Game is in New Orleans, so Stephenson got tips from teammate Danny Granger, a Big Easy native, on how to say "Nawlins" with a Creole twang.

Prior to the video release, Stephenson was a distant eighth in fan voting among Eastern Conference guards for the two starting All-Star guard spots. The latest All-Star ballot results aren't out yet after the voting ended Monday, but Stephenson said he has picked up about 50,000 Twitter followers over the past week.

"I decided to help myself out with the voting," Stephenson said. "I wanted to show a different side to my fans. I came up with everything. I was watching old Grandmamma (former Charlotte Hornet Larry Johnson's shoe commercials) and Madea (Tyler Perry's character) and I just came up with that."

The Pacers have the NBA's top record at 33-7 after beating the Golden State Warriors. Forward Paul George and center Roy Hibbert are expected to be East All-Stars. The Pacers are hoping for a third representative in New Orleans in either forward David West or Stephenson.

Stephenson has an NBA-high three triple-doubles this season and is averaging 13.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 5.2 assists entering. He's also shooting 49.5 percent, ranking among the top guards in that category.

"I always thought I'd be good in this league, but I never thought I'd be to where I am right now," Stephenson said. "I worked so hard with dedication. My teammates and coaches pushed me every day, helped me learn the game and made it easier for me. I can get better."

Stephenson isn't expected to garner the large amount of votes needed to pass Miami's Dwyane Wade and Cleveland's Kyrie Irving to start for the East. That means Stephenson will have to rely on East coaches to vote him in as a reserve.

All-Star starters will be announced on Thursday. The reserves will be named Jan. 30.

"He's one the major reasons why we are atop the East," Pacers coach Frank Vogel said of Stephenson.

The lone knock on Stephenson has been his occasional showboating. He admitted he was "probably overdoing it" when he danced after making a jump shot after crossing over Courtney Lee during a 106-79 blowout victory over the Boston Celtics on Dec. 22. He doesn't believe East coaches will hold his celebrations against him.

"That's the New York swag in me," Stephenson said. " I like to bring excitement to the game and to get the fans involved."

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

^ good article

I hope everyone saw the couple dressed up in the same get up as Lance in this video at the game a few days ago. They were good.

FWIW, me bantering with Zach Lowe about Lance and Kyrie on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JBriggeman/statu...89802822778880