Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

Cousins is clearly putting it together this season. He gave Roy the same problems last year. DMC knows how to get position. He's an outstanding rebounder too. I enjoy watching him live.

Good win. Now lets do it next week in Sacramento too!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty funny interaction on the Kings forums after one poster posted this the rest of the site jumped on him haha......

Sacking2022: "I don't understand the hype on Paul George
    He's such an average player."

"Wrong. He's a superstar that doesn't need to be one every night on his very, very good team. Most NBA observers and certainly players in the league know how good Paul George is.
    By contrast DMC has to play like a superstar every night and usually does just for Kings to be competitive. "

"Dammit SacKing2002, I blame you for this Paul George jinx"

"Whoever said Paul George isn't special is a moron."

"I'd like to give SacKings2002NBAChampions the benefit of the doubt, and say that he's not really that ignorant, and that he's just trolling being sarcastic."

"Lol at someone calling George average. Elite 3pt shooter with elite athletic ability, good ball handling and court vision with potential to be best defensive wing in the league."

"I dunno guys. Paul George looks pretty average LOL."

"Sackings2002 has got to go. "

"Paul George is a bust. You think we can trade MT for him?"

"Paul George can't be stopped"

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not when you're a candidate for DPOY.
    I can attest to your statement. Roy did get abused. In fact, Roy at one point mid third looked like a whipped pup. Was trying to pay specific attn. to Roy's positioning defensively and on the offensive glass. Defensively his rotation was a bit slow but nothing to be too concerned about.

What I will harp on is his timing on verticality. I understand Roy is the best verticality center in the lg. However, he does not time other players (ie anticipate) moves. Instead, sometimes over relies on verticalitiy which takes him out of the play and position to board due to his momentum carrying him out of bounds on verticality more than not.

Vs smaller gaurds Roy would be best served timing the play and from the side position to block the shot. Roys balance is still not where it needs to be.

I love Roy and finding a true center in this lg is a rare gem. I enjoy watching his movment off ball. I don't think he positions well on the offensive glass.

He sees his share of offense about 15% of the time. Not due to limitations just the strentgth of this team. Point is, at 7'2 he should be a monster on the offensive glass. Exceptions can be made for nites 55 plays a talentd player like Boogy.

Jeff Foster could really teach 55 a few things about rebounding and positioning. such a shame Fiesty did not have about 2 more season in him.

Bottom Line:

Roy needs to find the balance to utilize his height. More importantly rebounding position on the offesnsive boards since 85% of the offense he is not primary option. Again, Feisty Foster is one of the best ever at this and its add due to positioning.

Roy is considered a DPOY candidate and I don't think he is no where near close to tapping his potential yet.

Boogys simply a freak. You gotta elbow that cracker in the jaw Roy on accident.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    I can attest to your statement. Roy did get abused. In fact, Roy at one point mid third looked like a whipped pup. Was trying to pay specific attn. to Roy's positioning defensively and on the offensive glass. Defensively his rotation was a bit slow but nothing to be too concerned about.

What I will harp on is his timing on verticality. I understand Roy is the best verticality center in the lg. However, he does not time other players (ie anticipate) moves. Instead, sometimes over relies on verticalitiy which takes him out of the play and position to board due to his momentum carrying him out of bounds on verticality more than not.

Vs smaller gaurds Roy would be best served timing the play and from the side position to block the shot. Roys balance is still not where it needs to be.

I love Roy and finding a true center in this lg is a rare gem. I enjoy watching his movment off ball. I don't think he positions well on the offensive glass.

He sees his share of offense about 15% of the time. Not due to limitations just the strentgth of this team. Point is, at 7'2 he should be a monster on the offensive glass. Exceptions can be made for nites 55 plays a talentd player like Boogy.

Jeff Foster could really teach 55 a few things about rebounding and positioning. such a shame Fiesty did not have about 2 more season in him.

Bottom Line:

Roy needs to find the balance to utilize his height. More importantly rebounding position on the offesnsive boards since 85% of the offense he is not primary option. Again, Feisty Foster is one of the best ever at this and its add due to positioning.

Roy is considered a DPOY candidate and I don't think he is no where near close to tapping his potential yet.

Boogys simply a freak. You gotta elbow that cracker in the jaw Roy on accident.
    As things are now I dont think Roy is going to be much of an offensive rebounder...because they really dont have him designated to do so...I think they much prefer he get back defensively as quickly as he can....I have been somewhat surprised at his lack of defensive rebounding of late....I know Lance steals a few from a number of guys..yet Roy seems to not be getting his fair share on the defensive end recently...

I think we're seeing some of the same issues with Roy this year as last and I don't worry about it. Roy still has a bigger defensive impact on the game then perhaps any other nba player. When it's time to get serious at the end of the season I think we'll see the same Roy that started this season and dominated during the playoffs last year. If we were to ever face the Kings in the playoffs my money would still be on Hibbert over Cousins. Roy has the ability to step it up a lot from where he is now when we need him to.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    They are second to last in the Western Conference. They are 7.5 games out of 8th place. It would be a monumental achievement for them to just make the playoffs. I think we can write them off
    For this year, sure. In the years to come? Different question.
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Cousins strikes me as this generation's Rasheed Wallace. If/when he gets traded to a contender years from now... look out!
    Don't count the Kings out for the future. Our new owner is determined to put us back on top of the Western Conference. Considering his history and life story, I wouldn't sell him short.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VF21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    A great win...I was alittle disappointed in Hibbert's head to head stats versus Cousins. But like its been said, Hibbert moves over to challenge the ball in the paint, so alot of those points were Cousins getting the put back on a bad shot. So if anything maybe we can pout about the defensive rebounding? But not really cause we won by 24.

As for Cousins in general, he was dialed in tonight. He is the one guy in this league who you can completely take out of the game mentally. Every time this guy gets mad or frustrated his game just completely falls apart. He is an emotional guy, you could see it on his face all game long. He constantly feels disrespected. Roy could have been a tad more physical with him and talked him up.
    Not this year.

In the past, his attitude was a problem. This year, with a new coach and new owner, DMC has really stepped up. The Cavs did everything they could to get him angry and off his game. It didn't work. Orlando tried the same thing with the same result. Teams that try to take him out of the game by taking him out mentally are barking up the wrong tree.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VF21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by VF21 View Post
    Sorry for calling you a mate, by the way.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    Pretty funny interaction on the Kings forums after one poster posted this the rest of the site jumped on him haha......

Sacking2022: "I don't understand the hype on Paul George
    He's such an average player."

"Wrong. He's a superstar that doesn't need to be one every night on his very, very good team. Most NBA observers and certainly players in the league know how good Paul George is.
    By contrast DMC has to play like a superstar every night and usually does just for Kings to be competitive. "

"Dammit SacKing2002, I blame you for this Paul George jinx"

"Whoever said Paul George isn't special is a moron."

"I'd like to give SacKings2002NBAChampions the benefit of the doubt, and say that he's not really that ignorant, and that he's just trolling being sarcastic."

"Lol at someone calling George average. Elite 3pt shooter with elite athletic ability, good ball handling and court vision with potential to be best defensive wing in the league."

"I dunno guys. Paul George looks pretty average LOL."

"Sackings2002 has got to go. "

"Paul George is a bust. You think we can trade MT for him?"

"Paul George can't be stopped"
    Please, please, please, please, please do not judge my board or Kings fans in general by the lunacy that is SacKings2002NBAChampions. He is NOT representative of Kings fans, who were very impressed with Paul George - and the rest of your team, to be honest.

You guys have put together one helluva team. I'm looking forward to you slapping the crap out of LBJ and his over-the-hill gang.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VF21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Sorry for calling you a mate, by the way.
    I've been a moderator on my Kings board for 12 years. I can honestly say you calling me "mate" is immeasurably better than a lot of the things I've been called over the years.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VF21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Please, please, please, please, please do not judge my board or Kings fans in general by the lunacy that is SacKings2002NBAChampions. He is NOT representative of Kings fans, who were very impressed with Paul George - and the rest of your team, to be honest.

You guys have put together one helluva team. I'm looking forward to you slapping the crap out of LBJ and his over-the-hill gang.
    No worries. We know better than to judge a whole board based on a single poster.

I've been a moderator on my Kings board for 12 years. I can honestly say you calling me "mate" is immeasurably better than a lot of the things I've been called over the years.
    Ow, I see
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Don't count the Kings out for the future. Our new owner is determined to put us back on top of the Western Conference. Considering his history and life story, I wouldn't sell him short.
    As evidenced by things like this:

I wouldn't read the comments on the video though, since they are quite harsh, especially:

He deserves it more than Waste Griffin

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Can we sign CJ Watson to a long term deal? I really like him
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

This win puts us 3 games up on the Heat. Combined with the fact that we've had a harder schedule (LINK), I'm feeling pretty good about that 1 seed.

Heck, last night's win put us ahead of San Antonio. It's a good time for us to go on a tear.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

About Roy's defense, he really isn't that good of a one-on-one defender. Or I should say, that's not where his defense is the most valuable. Roy's strengths are protecting the rim from the help side.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-15-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This win puts us 3 games up on the Heat. Combined with the fact that we've had a harder schedule (LINK), I'm feeling pretty good about that 1 seed.

Heck, last night's win put us ahead of San Antonio. It's a good time for us to go on a tear.

Our strength of schedule would be higher if we played ourselves 4 times and played Western Conference teams more than twice. SOS depends greatly on strength of conference and not on back-to-backs or miles traveled.

You could tell that we had several days of rest. I loved hearing Chris and Quinn talk about how Vogel told the team to not go anywhere near BLF this past Saturday so that they could rest up and clear their heads. That game last night was definitely won by the explosion at the end of the first half.

In the first half, Lance did what he has done all season - play a major factor in the Pacers winning. Loved the pass to West at the end of the first half. I also enjoyed watching him draw in the defense on that one play and then kick it out to a wide open DG for a swished three. Lance is a perfect player for DG to play with because he allows him to get open by drawing in defenses. I don't get as bothered as many by Lance mistakes. Lance mistakes are often so close to being something great, and most of the time he seems to fix them by following them up with a great play the next time down. You have to keep in mind that Born Ready is still learning the NBA game. He's only 23, and this is still just his second season of playing heavy consistent minutes. I see a player with practically unlimited potential.

It was nice to see PG with the big second half. Obviously that spills over to Thursday against the Knicks.

Scola just gives such a great effort on the glass. This guy has been a gem all season. He obviously has hit a ton of jumpers, but what's really impressed me about him is his rebounding effort. You can never question his effort.

Glad we took advantage of the mis-matches with David West. He was just taking them to school.

I continue to be amazed at just how much better this team is than last year's. A year ago, we basically took Miami to 7 games with just 5 players. This year, 2 of those 5 players are significantly better (PG and Lance). We also have 3 players off the bench who are superior to what what he had last year (Scola, Watson, DG). The Watson signing is looking almost as clutch as the Scola addition. That guy fits perfectly in our system and has given us quality minutes all year. The Legend wins again.

This team clearly has had a commitment to excellence all season. We've been pedal to the metal all season because we know that getting the 1 seed gives us the best chance to beat Miami. Credit to Vogel and the players for showing complete commitment to this goal all year.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I believe Roy could really surprise some teams with his shot from the perimeter as a change of
    pace based on what the other team is doing defensively.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    Not when you're a candidate for DPOY.
    Cousins numbers out of this world right now. The guy has quietly been one of the 10 best players in the league by a large margin.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Most of Cousins points came through really tough shots, or put backs as Hibbert had to help, and no one helped the helper.
    He hit several pull up jumpers that 7 foot 280 guys just aren't supposed to hit and he was finishing through contact extremely well. Like I said dude's numbers this year are Shaq-esque. Not saying he has the same sort of impact, but his per 36 and 48 numbers are just silly right now.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Maybe, it really all comes down to McLemore IMO. I love Pizza Guy, but you ain't winning a dang thing with him and Gay carrying your perimeter load. McLemore has to become a two way stud. If he doesn't I think Kings will have to move DMC in his prime which will suck for you guys. There is a lot of pressure on Ben to become a great player or for the Kings to land the right guy in the lotto this year. I would draft Marcus Smart if I were you guys. Low risk and a tremendous leader who I think would blend well with Cousins.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Our strength of schedule would be higher if we played ourselves 4 times and played Western Conference teams more than twice. SOS depends greatly on strength of conference and not on back-to-backs or miles traveled.
    Which is why I didn't compare everybody's, just ours and Miami. We're in the same conference, and we've played against them the same number of times that they've played against us.

The stat has value, if you use it properly.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

41. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Is there a video of that?