Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 93

Thread: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

  1. #26
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cousins' stats in four games vs Marc Gasol, last season's DPOY: 10/8, 22/12, 23/7, 22/9. He can score against anyone, although I disagree that he is the NBA's best center. Best offensive center, probably.
    Also, last year vs Hibbert: 21/13 (21 points came on 9-27 shooting) and 19/16 (5-17 from the field in this one).

  2. #27

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not when you're a candidate for DPOY.
    The Kings as a whole scored 92 points. Roy did what he does.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:


  4. #28

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Most of Cousins points came through really tough shots, or put backs as Hibbert had to help, and no one helped the helper.

  5. #29
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,025

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not when you're a candidate for DPOY.
    Meh, while I generally agree with this sentiment, we won and won handily... Even the best of defenders is going to have games where they get torched... So I am not going to put much stock into on game... That said, I would hope that Hibbert would have been more motivated for this specific challenge...

    What I am tired of is the general end of the world mentalitiy when these guys string together a few bad games in a row... As long as this team is winning, and last I checked, we have the best record in the association, I am willing to give guys a pass when they have off nights... Its an 82 game season, and this team as structured is reliant on one or even two guys having to carry the load... It is a balanced team, and with that will come ups and downs for everyone... We winning everyone... Enjoy the ride, and dont get hung up on the scenery in one spot, but rather enjoy it in it's entirety...

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not when you're a candidate for DPOY.
    WE WON BY 24.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:


  9. #31
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WE WON BY 24.


  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  11. #32

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not when you're a candidate for DPOY.
    i'm not worried about these individual awards the guys get. i would rather see them get a ring though. if roy wins dpoy- fine. if not- meh.
    i am more concerned about winning it all.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:


  13. #33

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    It seems like Hibbert is starting to catch some of the blind hate that Hill had been absorbing.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  15. #34
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WE WON BY 24.
    We beat the Wizards by 27 but people still got to say how much PG sucked. I think Hibbert got outplayed by Cousins big deal.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  17. #35
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,025

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems like Hibbert is starting to catch some of the blind hate that Hill had been absorbing.
    That Ian was taking after it was Danny's turn...

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  19. #36
    Member VideoVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coatesville, IN
    Posts
    351

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not when you're a candidate for DPOY.
    In the previous 3 meetings against Cousins Roy has held Cousins to 32 percent shooting, and in the first half of tonight's game he did a great job on him too. Yes Cousins went off in the 3rd quarter but that was largely due to him just going beast mode on the offensive glass. Hibbert does a better job against the best offensive C in the league than anyone else, and this is really the first time Cousins has put up huge numbers on him. So I am not worried about Cousins going off against Roy again.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:


  21. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    502

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We beat the Wizards by 27 but people still got to say how much PG sucked. I think Hibbert got outplayed by Cousins big deal.
    Guys, his join date is June 2010. I think this might really be Paul George.

  22. #38
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,419

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Hibbert played well tonight. Was draining the outside shot, causing problems around the rim as always.
    David "And One" West

  23. #39
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    The replay comes back on at 3am, watch Hibbert's body language he wanted no part of Cousins tonight.

  24. #40

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Cousins is the real deal. Looked very good. 19 and 10 in one quarter is as good as it gets. Make all the excuses for Roy you want, but the truth is Cousins kicked his . Plus, I thought Cousins looked like a guy that has grown up, much like our own Lance. I was amazed how professional he was, compared to his play last year. Thought he looked a lot like Chris Weber, great hands.

    Kudos to George Hill tonight. Isaiah Thomas had a PER of ~25 or so coming in to the game. His PER for the game had to be single digits. Just a super job of shutting a guy down and abusing him on offense. Very nice.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  26. #41
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Who cares? The Pacers won and won handedly. Cousins is one of the best offensive big men in the league, it's nothing to be ashamed about. He got his, but the Pacers still won by a large margin.

  27. #42
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cousins is the real deal. Looked very good. 19 and 10 in one quarter is as good as it gets. Make all the excuses for Roy you want, but the truth is Cousins kicked his . Plus, I thought Cousins looked like a guy that has grown up, much like our own Lance. I was amazed how professional he was, compared to his play last year. Thought he looked a lot like Chris Weber, great hands.

    Kudos to George Hill tonight. Isaiah Thomas had a PER of ~25 or so coming in to the game. His PER for the game had to be single digits. Just a super job of shutting a guy down and abusing him on offense. Very nice.
    PD rules state you can only criticize Lance and PG.

  28. #43
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    A great win...I was alittle disappointed in Hibbert's head to head stats versus Cousins. But like its been said, Hibbert moves over to challenge the ball in the paint, so alot of those points were Cousins getting the put back on a bad shot. So if anything maybe we can pout about the defensive rebounding? But not really cause we won by 24.

    As for Cousins in general, he was dialed in tonight. He is the one guy in this league who you can completely take out of the game mentally. Every time this guy gets mad or frustrated his game just completely falls apart. He is an emotional guy, you could see it on his face all game long. He constantly feels disrespected. Roy could have been a tad more physical with him and talked him up.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  30. #44
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PD rules state you can only criticize Lance and PG.
    No, not really.

    There are no rules about which player can or cannot be criticized. People just disagree on the reasons that you tend to criticize some players. That's all.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  31. #45

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PD rules state you can only criticize Lance and PG.
    Lance and PG are probably the least criticized guys on the team. You know that, I know that and anyone who spends more than 10 min reading PD knows that.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  33. #46
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if anything maybe we can pout about the defensive rebounding? But not really cause we won by 24.
    That would be fair. Our team could do a better job at backing up Hibbert when he went for the block. Hibbert himself was outmuscled a couple of times and could do a better job himself. Of course, blocking out Cousins is much easier said than done but we could do a better job about it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  35. #47
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance and PG are probably the least criticized guys on the team. You know that, I know that and anyone who spends more than 10 min reading PD knows that.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...me-Thread-1-10

    We won by 27 this game, who got the most criticism? I'll wait.
    __________________________
    Edit:

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...-thread-P-vs-T

    We beat Toronto, who got criticized the most?
    Last edited by Magic P; 01-14-2014 at 11:41 PM.

  36. #48

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . . . As for Cousins in general, he was dialed in tonight. He is the one guy in this league who you can completely take out of the game mentally. Every time this guy gets mad or frustrated his game just completely falls apart. He is an emotional guy, you could see it on his face all game long. He constantly feels disrespected. Roy could have been a tad more physical with him and talked him up.
    I have not seen much of Cousin's play this year, but I really thought he looked like a professional tonight. None of those things you list were things he was guilty of. He looks like a guy that is making the leap from petulant kid to grown up. For the Kings sake, I wish him well.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  38. #49

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Cousins is a phenom. He's an absolute monster. He got his 31 points, and the rest of the team scored 62. Hibbert did well off-ball. Cousins is one of those guys who gets his, and you've got to make sure no one else tears you apart.

    PG and Scola had nice bounce back games to end their little slump. Watson is in a hot streak right now, which is huge for the bench. The Kings are tougher than their record would indicate, so this is a nice win.

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  40. #50

    Default Re: 1/14/2014 Post Game Thread #37: Pacers Vs. Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...me-Thread-1-10

    We won by 27 this game, who got the most criticism? I'll wait.
    Just a guess, but probably the guys that didn't play very well. or Hill.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •