Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 49 of 49

Thread: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

  1. #26
    Your Daddy RobRoy317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    128

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...

    ...

    ...

    In conclusion, TMJ31 has provided indisputable evidence that saying Lance flops more than LeBron is ludicrous, making his comment valid.
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to RobRoy317 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy317 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, TMJ31 has provided indisputable evidence that saying Lance flops more than LeBron is ludicrous, making his comment valid.
    Sorry, my friend.

    But you don't get to just walk into a thread, make a hyperbolic demand that someone lists EVERYTHING they have ever watched related to basketball as a means to qualify their opinion, and then expect to be taken seriously.


    And yes, saying that Lance flops more than LeBron *IS* ludicrous. I have a feeling you know that just as well as I (and everyone reading this) does, too.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Your Daddy RobRoy317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    128

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, my friend.

    But you don't get to just walk into a thread, make a hyperbolic demand that someone lists EVERYTHING they have ever watched related to basketball as a means to qualify their opinion, and then expect to be taken seriously.


    And yes, saying that Lance flops more than LeBron *IS* ludicrous. I have a feeling you know that just as well as I (and everyone reading this) does, too.
    You didn't offer it as an opinion. You offered it up as a FACT, you straight up said "No he doesn't." Also, no, I don't know flops more because I haven't watched every Heat game and don't know who flops more. It is not LUDICROUS to say that Lance flops more than LeBron. If you actually thought I expected you to whip out your TV history you are mistaken - I was trying to make a ridiculous request comparable to your post that offered something up as a fact, when the only way you back up this claim is by saying essentially that "to take the other side is ludicrous."

    We should of just all turned off our computers since you are the flop arbiter and just claimed, "No he doesn't." as a fact, then acted like you gave an explained opinion. Every page should just end with someone commenting "No, other side is wrong.", it would save us so much time. Case dismissed.
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

  6. #29
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy317 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You didn't offer it as an opinion. You offered it up as a FACT, you straight up said "No he doesn't." Also, no, I don't know flops more because I haven't watched every Heat game and don't know who flops more. It is not LUDICROUS to say that Lance flops more than LeBron. If you actually thought I expected you to whip out your TV history you are mistaken - I was trying to make a ridiculous request comparable to your post that offered something up as a fact, when the only way you back up this claim is by saying essentially that "to take the other side is ludicrous."

    We should of just all turned off our computers since you are the flop arbiter and just claimed, "No he doesn't." as a fact, then acted like you gave an explained opinion. Every page should just end with someone commenting "No, other side is wrong.", it would save us so much time. Case dismissed.
    Ok, clearly you and I have different methods of utilizing sarcasm, online-debating, and general conflict resolution.

    So I am just going to chalk this up to... that.

    The fact of the matter is: Yes, as Pacers fans we have seen Lance lay out a few Oscar-worthy flops. I didn't and won't deny that.

    But as a basketball fan, and a person who has internet access and the ability to search ESPN, NBA League Pass, Google images, Twitter and YouTube (etc), I can safely say that LeBron James has a substantially larger history of flopping than Lance Stephenson. LeBron's flopping history has some of the most egregious, blatant, and unquestionably obvious flops by any player currently in the NBA. We've seen it on display at least a half dozen times if not more in our OWN contests against the Heat in the past year+.

    So, I am sorry if you took my saying "No he doesn't" as somehow offensive to your sensibilities as a basketball fan.

    It does not change the fact: Lance Stephenson does not flop as often or egregiously as LeBron James.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  8. #30
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    As soon as #Lanceing becomes a hugely popular internet meme, then maybe we can revive this conversation.

  9. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Pacers fans are not the only ones who notice:

    http://es.redskins.com/topic/376335-...ids-are-doing/


  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  11. #32
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,720
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    One way or another, I personally as just one person think that the current best player in the world and an all time top 5 (realistically probably top 3) player of all time finds it neccesary to flop. I don't like ANYBODY flopping including Lance, however in the case of LeBron I take special offense to it, because he is still the best player in the world if he doesn't do that, and it overall contributes to the whiny, entitled attitude that makes me not like to watch him play.

    Just my
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  13. #33
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read. I said he has cooled it down. I am talking about this season.
    LeBron only flops when the games matter.

    We need to revive this in May.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  15. #34
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,082

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy317 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is LeBron flopping more ridiculous than any other Earthling that flops?
    Cause he's bigger, stronger, and faster than just about any other earthling. Example: LeBron bumps my chest and I go flying - at least somewhat believable. I bump LeBron and he goes flying - Stupid.

    Also, LeBron's flops tend to involve arms windmilling around, flailing, yelling, grabbing the head, and 10 feet of trip to the ground.
    Danger Zone

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  17. #35
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,082

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    I can't believe that any honest Pacer's fan would get on this thread and try and hijack it to make it about Lance. I'm assuming you are all just trolls, but if not, why don't you create a "Lance is worst flopper in history" thread and see how it goes? At least the comments there would be relevant, as opposed to the ones in this thread, which is about LeBroning.
    Danger Zone

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  19. #36
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,049

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    such a good sensation. love it!
    Smothered Chicken!

  20. #37
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,284

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy317 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is LeBron flopping more ridiculous than any other Earthling that flops?
    Because the best player in should be able to play effectively, without cheating? Crazy thought, right?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  22. #38
    Member thewholefnshow31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,337

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cause he's bigger, stronger, and faster than just about any other earthling. Example: LeBron bumps my chest and I go flying - at least somewhat believable. I bump LeBron and he goes flying - Stupid.

    Also, LeBron's flops tend to involve arms windmilling around, flailing, yelling, grabbing the head, and 10 feet of trip to the ground.
    When you see a 6'8" 250 lb player flail around like he just got shot after being nudged by a smaller SG or PG it is so aggravating. I hate flopping in all forms, but the way Lebron whines, flails around, grabbing his head, and sulking just induces a huge eye roll. Throw in the fact that he is one of the greatest players ever who should not have to resort to that crap.

    Though I do not blame him because the refs let them get away with. Hell, I cannot blame any players for doing it.

    This is a problem because the NBA has allowed it to get to this point.

  23. #39
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Lebron is the worst flopper because he is typically the biggest guy on the court. I think he flopped last year vs DJ Augustin, which was hilarious
    David "And One" West

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  25. #40
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Lance exaggerates contact to make sure the foul gets called. Absolutely.

    In the LeBron-DWest video which gets shown a lot, LeBron just outright makes up contact to try to get a call. I think that's the major difference.

    That, and Lebron is the best player in the world. He doesn't need to ever flop.

    I understand that for equal contact the other guy is going to move more than LeBron. LeBron is very likely bigger and stronger. Tough. If being bigger and stronger is a disadvantage, then work on loosing some muscle mass and stay out of the gym. :-)

    And Wade does it 100 times worse that LeBron. It should be called "Wading".
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  26. #41
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Lance only flops because he views himself as a superstar. He really believes he is just as good as James. When he sees James flop, he figured that's what star players are supposed to do.
    David "And One" West

  27. #42
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe that any honest Pacer's fan would get on this thread and try and hijack it to make it about Lance. I'm assuming you are all just trolls, but if not, why don't you create a "Lance is worst flopper in history" thread and see how it goes? At least the comments there would be relevant, as opposed to the ones in this thread, which is about LeBroning.
    Jesus I'm not trying to hijack a thread I just think it's funny that this "Lebroning" has come now instead of the playoffs last year or the year before. I should have known saying one positive thing about Lebron and one negative thing about Lance would cause this shitstorm.

    I'm sorry PD, I'm sorry to my family, I bow out with full regret. I'm sorry for ever disparaging a Pacers player in favor of Lebron.
    DG for 3

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  29. #43
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,154

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    My "favorite" Lebron flop:


  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  31. #44

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    ^^ Well, West is following suit juuuuuuuuust a little.

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  33. #45
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,888

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jesus I'm not trying to hijack a thread I just think it's funny that this "Lebroning" has come now instead of the playoffs last year or the year before. I should have known saying one positive thing about Lebron and one negative thing about Lance would cause this shitstorm.

    I'm sorry PD, I'm sorry to my family, I bow out with full regret. I'm sorry for ever disparaging a Pacers player in favor of Lebron.
    Seriously, on a Pacers forum did you expect 100% agreement on everything you said? The general responses have been to admit that Lance flops, just to disagree that it is worse than Lebron. Don't get all drama llama and act like anything more than a couple of posters have been completely against you.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  34. #46
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,449

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^^ Well, West is following suit juuuuuuuuust a little.
    His feet get tied up by the King Flopper's fall, you can make the argument that he's trying to keep his balance and not fall.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  36. #47
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    Ok, word nerd alert.

    "LeBroning" would be pronounced "Leh-Broe-Ning." Rhymes with "Boning."

    This should be "LeBronning." Although I agree it doesn't have quite the same visual appeal.

    Maybe LeFlopping?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  38. #48
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    A lot of Lebron apologists up in hur.

    Lebron is a tool.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  40. #49
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,882
    Mood

    Default Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

    One of the same reasons that Lebron is so great (being so big and strong physically) is the same reason he doesn't get foul calls that a lot of other players get. Just like Shaq before him, he's more difficult to officiate because many players (and would-be foul attempts) just bounce off him. And so, he takes a shortcut and exaggerates the contact to signal a foul. I'm neither condemning nor condoning, just pointing out that the basis many people use on why his "cheating" is so offensive is the same basis for his "cheating". Either way, this thread got a little too intense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •