Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I Stay or Should I Go Now

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go Now

The Star writer this morning (Who? I don't have the paper here in front of me) said that McAfee was a Top 10- punter this year. Question, how many times did he punt the ball and hold them behind the 10 yrd line....or better yet, the 5?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not sure they keep inside the 10 or 5, but they do keep inside the 20. He had 27 out of his 76 punts inside the opponents 20. 35 led the league. Pat was 11th in average punt yards, 46ypp, and was 25th in net yards punting, 38.5.

He really struggled at the beginning of the year, but last year he had 26 punts inside the 20, out of 73 total punts. Was 4th in the league with a 48.2 punt average but was 15th in net yards, 40.3.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Bradshaw cost $1.1 million last year before his neck injury. Sign him for another one year contract for $1 million. No risk, high reward.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bradshaw cost $1.1 million last year before his neck injury. Sign him for another one year contract for $1 million. No risk, high reward.
    And the thing is, you look at his entire career and he really hasn't missed that many games. He just had a really crappy injury this year. He'll be 28 next year, which certainly isn't young for a RB, but it's not like he's hit 30 yet. I still think that the guy has some game left in him.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BradAh00.htm

The guy was an absolute stud in 2012. I just can't get that San Francisco game out of my head. That guy abused the one of the nastiest defenses in the game. He's just a gamer and would have been a HUGE asset this year if he had stayed healthy.

I'd love to give him one more chance if it's dirt cheap, but we obviously need some insurance.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    And the thing is, you look at his entire career and he really hasn't missed that many games. He just had a really crappy injury this year. He'll be 28 next year, which certainly isn't young for a RB, but it's not like he's hit 30 yet. I still think that the guy has some game left in him.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BradAh00.htm

The guy was an absolute stud in 2012. I just can't get that San Francisco game out of my head. That guy abused the one of the nastiest defenses in the game. He's just a gamer and would have been a HUGE asset this year if he had stayed healthy.

I'd love to give him one more chance if it's dirt cheap, but we obviously need some insurance.
    I've been pro-re-signing both Brown and Bradshaw, but it seems like Brown isn't coming back. Either way, I think if Bradshaw isn't getting the 1st back carries he will be able to stay healthy hopefully. Having someone like that coming off the bench would be incredible. He was unstoppable against Miami and San Francisco, and his injury really hurt. I think we would have to be a favorite to re-sign him. There's no reason why he couldn't get carries with us. We were defeated by a team with a 3-headed running attack, and the Patriots are the team we should be aspiring to be.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Looks like Brown is gone IMO

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

So what the hell are we going to do at RB? We have Vick Ballard coming off of an ACL tear and Trent Richardson. I hope to God that we make a substantial upgrade at the position.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

So what the hell are we going to do at RB? We have Vick Ballard coming off of an ACL tear and Trent Richardson. I hope to God that we make a substantial upgrade at the position.
    *shrugs* I think Trent will start game 1. We moved a first round pick for the guy. Hopefully Luck turns Trent into his shadow this summer.

Maybe we sign Bradshaw or pick up another vet. If I had to bet, Donald feels like he is coming into his prime after several years of working to get better and he wants a shot at being the unquestioned 1 back. I don't blame him, but considering all the chances Donald got here to develop I'm willing to give Trent and Vick that time. Plus ACLs just don't scare me quite as much as they once did, especially if a guy is a hard worker and everything we've heard about Vick is that he is just that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Plus ACLs just don't scare me quite as much as they once did, especially if a guy is a hard worker and everything we've heard about Vick is that he is just that.
    Not to mention it was an early season injury, Sept 13, it was the Thursday before week 2's games. So Vick will have 10-11 months before he even starts getting pre-season snaps. Obviously there's always the risk of re-injury, but the timing of it allows him to rehab slowly and really build up the strength surrounding the knee.

On of the Indy writers also tweeted earlier this week that Reggie is ahead of schedule on his rehab, for what it's worth.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As TJ said Trent will be the guy next year. You do not give up a first round pick to let him ride the pine in his second year. Pagano is already talking him up so be prepared for Trent to be the man here starting week 1.

I just do not see DB getting that many offers. The league has really transitioned to a pass first and run by committee league. They are not going to invest much in the RB anymore. I do not see him getting much offers nor really big offers. He will probably test the market and get little interest and maybe come back.

Trent/Ballard/Bradshaw, Trent/Ballard/DB, or Trent/Ballard/FA will probably be our three options at RB this offseason.

I just hope Ballard will be 100% ready to go to take over the load.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

So what the hell are we going to do at RB?
    Hopefully ignore it. Unless Brown gets lowballed in FA he's gone, and probably still gone either way and who could blame him the way we've jerked him around. So Ballard/TRich/whoever. We've got what, 5 picks before the compensatory picks get announced? If we burn one on a RB after the TRich trade, much as he's sucked, I'll be sharpening the pitchfork.

The biggest decision of the offseason is what kind of contract we give Davis. I can't figure the dude out, he's Sherman level one week, then he's me level the next. Incentive laden, heavily.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Re-sign Ahmad Bradshaw and get some waiver wire guy. I am not concerned about running back. If we fix the offensive line and stop running Trent up the middle all of our backs should be productive.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

I want to see what Daniel Herron can do.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hopefully ignore it. Unless Brown gets lowballed in FA he's gone, and probably still gone either way and who could blame him the way we've jerked him around. So Ballard/TRich/whoever. We've got what, 5 picks before the compensatory picks get announced? If we burn one on a RB after the TRich trade, much as he's sucked, I'll be sharpening the pitchfork.

The biggest decision of the offseason is what kind of contract we give Davis. I can't figure the dude out, he's Sherman level one week, then he's me level the next. Incentive laden, heavily.
    We have only got 4 picks unfortunately and do not include 1st and 4th round.

Agreed about Davis. Hopefully we re-sign him to a cap friendly contract. Don't think he will command crazy money. Now if he was taking part in the Pro Bowl, then it would be a different scenario.

About his play, what you said is spot on. Don't know why he is inconsistent between games. You have the Denver game where he showed a pass coverage clinic and then you have the St Luis game where Austin owned him.

Brainfarts maybe?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth