Thread: Heat lose to Nets in double overtime; James fouls out; Pacers still 3 losses ahead

Default Heat lose to Nets in double overtime; James fouls out; Pacers still 3 losses ahead

What a great night for the B&G.

Even after a bunch of sloppy play and a couple nasty losses, we're still up 2.5 games on the Heat.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Heat lose to Nets in double overtime; James fouls out; Pacers still 3 losses ahead

Delicious, delicious irony: James declares his foul trouble was because AK47 was flopping.

http://nba.si.com/2014/01/11/lebron-...ing-heat-nets/

Terrible, isn't it LeBron? I think floppers should be banned from the league.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Heat lose to Nets in double overtime; James fouls out; Pacers still 3 losses ahead

Pacers 8 of next 9 games are against Western conference teams...while Miami has a cupcake filled schedule the rest of January for the most part...should be interesting to see how things play out...

Sports Logo

Well, since we're talking about that game, here it goes:

Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That was weak. HOW DARE Telotovic wrap up the King Flopper to prevent a dunk!

The Bad Boys, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, and The Davis Boys are sitting at home laughing at that.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

James accusing others of flopping?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, since we're talking about that game, here it goes:

Why does Beasley have "B-Easy" on the back of his jersey?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

13. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

I noticed that is the replay this AM as well, and James has "King James" on his jersey as well.

Weak sauce all the way around.

I think the basketball gods are laughing at James *****ing about flopping.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Why does Beasley have "B-Easy" on the back of his jersey?

Nickname night. It wasn't the worst one either. Head to the Random Thoughts thread and you'll see that Kstat has listed several of those nicknames

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    That was weak. HOW DARE Telotovic wrap up the King Flopper to prevent a dunk!

The Bad Boys, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, and The Davis Boys are sitting at home laughing at that.
    The irony is the ref already called him for the offensive foul, so teletovic never had to touch him.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

wait, was nickname night a real thing?

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

A really fun game to watch. Livingston should be the only real story out of this game, dude was awesome, happy to see him excel after his horrific injury. Lebron should have been fouled out much sooner. SOB pushed everyone in his way and got by doing it more often then not.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    wait, was nickname night a real thing?
    what made you think it wasn't? The NBA confirmed it long ago through press releases.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    A really fun game to watch. Livingston should be the only real story out of this game, dude was awesome, happy to see him excel after his horrific injury. Lebron should have been fouled out much sooner. SOB pushed everyone in his way and got by doing it more often then not.
    Livingston played? All I noticed was some dude named "SDot"

yep, it is awesome to see the great lebron angry about being on the wrong end of a flop.
    about time he got a taste of his own medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    what made you think it wasn't? The NBA confirmed it long ago through press releases.
    I had never heard of it before this thread. Also, obviously, I never saw that press release.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    The irony is the ref already called him for the offensive foul, so teletovic never had to touch him.
    It's kind of hard to stop on a dime like that. Teletovic had about a split second between the whistle and the wrap up. He let the King Flopper go as soon as he realized what had happened.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    It's kind of hard to stop on a dime like that. Teletovic had about a split second between the whistle and the wrap up. He let the King Flopper go as soon as he realized what had happened.
    Plus he probably didn't know what the call was. For all he knew they had called the foul on him and he wanted to prevent an And 1 opportunity.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jerry Stackhouse was cracking me up on NBATV. Stack said "LeBron wanted no part of Teletovic, dudes from Bosnia, they have wars there. Lebron was not really going after Teletovic very hard, telling his teammates to "hold me back" "hold me back"." Teletovic was laughing at Lebron the whole time.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Jerry Stackhouse was cracking me up on NBATV. Stack said "LeBron wanted no part of Teletovic, dudes from Bosnia, they have wars there. Lebron was not really going after Teletovic very hard, telling his teammates to "hold me back" "hold me back"." Teletovic was laughing at Lebron the whole time.
    Well, he was right. Teletovic grew up in Mostar, a city that was sieged for 18 months during the Bosnian War. He has received military training like every male citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina until 2006 (conscription was mandatory). I really doubt that he is afraid of a fist fight.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Well, he was right. Teletovic grew up in Mostar, a city that was sieged for 18 months during the Bosnian War. He has received military training like every male citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina until 2006 (conscription was mandatory). I really doubt that he is afraid of a fist fight.
    I feel like there's another NBA-quality player from Mostar but I can't remember who it was...

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Stack would know- Stack's a brawler.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%