Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bias Article: 5 Reasons Why the Indiana Pacers Arenít For Real in 2014

Default Re: Bias Article: 5 Reasons Why the Indiana Pacers Arenít For Real in 2014

And he used the adjective 'extraordinary' as an adverb! Amateur!

Default Re: Bias Article: 5 Reasons Why the Indiana Pacers Arenít For Real in 2014

Rant Sports is one of those sites where anyone can post, essentially. They want to rack up the hits by any means possible, and having literally any contributor is part of it. Then, if they get enough clicks, someone buys them out. All the amateurs are cut off, and real writers are hired.

A sadly common tale right now. Hopefully, PD supplied that guy with enough clicks to get one or two bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Paul George is the savior for this team. He will try,but he canít do it all. He may be the most valuable player to his particular team in any other situation other than basketball right now. Without him, the Pacers are barely .500 and quite possibly in last place in the East."

Wow.
    This is hilarious. I love PG, but we just won a game by about 30 while he went 2/14. Hill, Stephenson, Granger, West, Hibbert with Watson, Scola would probably still win the Central Division! Lol. Pacers are clearly a contender, and this guy is an idiot.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This is hilarious. I love PG, but we just won a game by about 30 while he went 2/14. Hill, Stephenson, Granger, West, Hibbert with Watson, Scola would probably still win the Central Division! Lol. Pacers are clearly a contender, and this guy is an idiot.
    Come on now, this is the reason the board is suffering not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    "Paul George is the savior for this team. He will try,but he canít do it all. He may be the most valuable player to his particular team in any other situation other than basketball right now. Without him, the Pacers are barely .500 and quite possibly in last place in the East."

Wow.
    This guy is really insane. We'd be a .500 team if we didn't have our top 3 or 4 players. Heck, our record hasn't improved since our supposedly best player, Granger, returned.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Come on now, this is the reason the board is suffering not necessary.
    I would normally agree, but you entered a thread with some seriously outrageous statements being claimed in an article. I hope you've read it because it's a piece of work. Gotta check the context of the thread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This author is an idiot. No other way to put it

*WAIT, MAYBE I AM BEING A HOMER. **TAKES OFF PACERS GLASSES** *

Yeah, this author is still an idiot.

I am all for people having differing opinions, but this might as well say "nanny nanny boo boo" or "you are stupid you doody head".

Complete garbage, and I am sad I gave him a page click

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This guy is really insane. We'd be a .500 team if we didn't have our top 3 or 4 players. Heck, our record hasn't improved since our supposedly best player, Granger, returned.
    Initially I was going to write something about you answering stupid hyperbole with stupid hyperbole. No way we could lose our top three players and still be a 500 team. Then I took a second to think. A lineup of Mahinmi, Scola, Granger, Lance, and Hill probably would be a 500 team. Lol, our team is stacked, like to rediculous levels.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

How can we possibly win 70 games, which we won't, and still have no chance lol
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    Initially I was going to write something about you answering stupid hyperbole with stupid hyperbole. No way we could lose our top three players and still be a 500 team. Then I took a second to think. A lineup of Mahinmi, Scola, Granger, Lance, and Hill probably would be a 500 team. Lol, our team is stacked, like to rediculous levels.
    I think we'd have to pick up some players for depth, but we'd still have CJ Watson, Copeland, Orlando and Solomon coming off the bench. It sure wouldn't be easy to hit .500, but that team is better than the days when Murphy and Dunleavy played key roles by a long distance...and they were close to a .400 team.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    Let me address the only REAL reason we may not be "for real". The only reason is that we may not win it all this year is that VOGEL will not allow Stephenson to run point guard for at least 60% of the time he is on the floor this season.

I think Vogel is a good coach and has done a very good job with the Pacers, but he just need to make this unbelievably simple adjustment ! Stephenson needs to come down the floor and run the plays Hill is running for these reasons. Lance loves creating, he leads the team in assists. When he comes down the floor he's immediately putting pressure on the defense because of his explosive aggressiveness as soon as the possession starts to create easy scoring opportunities (that is something every point guard needs and Hill lacks.) Stephenson would also have a strength and size advantage to other PG defenders and better ability to feed our large lineup. He also knows how to control the tempo decently and given the chance the start point guard he would only become better at that because this team is perfect for him ! SECOND, Hill is an efficient low turnover PG no doubt. He will get the play run almost every single time, but hes so predictable ! This causes turnovers, broken plays, 1 on 1's, LOW FG % aka ugly offense and easy points for the other teams and discourages our team on defense!! I love when Hill is on the wing looking to SLASH and shoot. He's an excellent slasher in my opinion and great at little slip passes, he is truly a good SG. The last 4 minuets of the game I would have Hill at PG for sure. The game slows down and execution so in the mean time I would let Hill close. Lance should run PG about 80% of the time he's out there. Stephenson is a great learner so he at least deserves a chance, if you don't at least believe that it's a damn shame. They both know they are not playing their natural positions and it shows every single game, utilize them to their strengths and our team would be unstable !
    The only reason I'm not totally on board with you is that sometimes Stephenson is unwilling to make the simple passes. And no when I say that I do not mean he is unwilling to throw a non-fancy pass, what I mean is that a lot of the times when he goes into PG mode he only has 2 goals score or get an assist. Often times he is unwilling to make ball reversal passes or simple passes to keep the ball from sticking he only wants to throw the passes that lead to shot attempts. If he were thrust into more of a full-time PG role than there is a good chance he would improve on this and the reason sometimes the ball sticks in his hands when he goes into PG mode may very well be because it is with the 2nd unit and he feels he needs to create at all times. However, if he were to become more of a full-time PG role on the current starting line-up I would definitely need to see improvements in willingness to make the easy pass and cut down his turnover ratio a bit. If he shows he can do those things then I am all for giving him the reigns at the PG spot.
    Last edited by VideoVandal; 01-13-2014 at 08:34 PM.

lol what's with the hate with Lance's tatoos???

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Eh, you guys are playing into the writer's hands. All he/she wants are page views. This thread has been viewed over 1,300 times on PD, and I'd assume that a fair number went on to click the article (I didn't btw). So it's probably a win as far as the writer is concerned.

How about let's not post crappy articles on PD? Let's support the good writers instead, whether they're pro Pacers or not.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    yeah that writer is a little messed up. He says we aren't good enough, but then says we might win 70 games. So he thinks we might go 41-5 the rest of the way, but that we aren't very good?
    Well, do you remember a fellow by the name of Troy Murphy? Rumor has it, that even though he was a double-digit rebounder, he really wasn't a very good rebounder because many of his rebounds were "shallow" and meaningless. He stole them from teammates.

That's what the problem must be. We could win so many "shallow" games that winning 70 games would be very misleading. We steal wins from other teams, we don't earn them. In reality, we apparently just wouldn't be all that good. Heck, we could go 82-0, and this tool would probably be trying to convince the masses that the proper expectation for us would be a first round exit.