Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bias Article: 5 Reasons Why the Indiana Pacers Arenít For Real in 2014

Mood

Sports Logo

Default Bias Article: 5 Reasons Why the Indiana Pacers Arenít For Real in 2014

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/0...-real-in-2014/

It's rant sports, and the article is cringeworthy. Your thoughts?
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

Default Re: Bias Article: 5 Reasons Why the Indiana Pacers Arenít For Real in 2014

Well it keeps mentioning Lance as a bench player. So. That's all I needed to read.
    DG for 3

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bias Article: 5 Reasons Why the Indiana Pacers Arenít For Real in 2014

Wish I wouldn't have even clicked on that link. Hate to give an attention whore like that page views.
    @qandrews9428

5. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

lol, we have Luis Scola, Danny Granger, and C.J. Watson off our bench.... and this article says "the Pacers don't have any depth and fall off after the starters... what an idiot of a writer. Lance Stephenson is also a decent role player according to this guy... so a potential all-star is a decent role player guys! We can keep him easily!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Appears to be written by a 14 year old. I got a chuckle from the "reasons."

Mood

Sports Logo

And he said there's no way we can beat the Heat. I have never encountered that particular writer. He's dumb.
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

The author thinks that Rose is named "Derek". Do we need any further prove than that?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

"Paul George is the savior for this team. He will try,but he canít do it all. He may be the most valuable player to his particular team in any other situation other than basketball right now. Without him, the Pacers are barely .500 and quite possibly in last place in the East."

Wow.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Paul George is the savior for this team. He will try,but he can’t do it all. He may be the most valuable player to his particular team in any other situation other than basketball right now. Without him, the Pacers are barely .500 and quite possibly in last place in the East."

Wow.
    I hadn't read that when I posted my previous thought. WTH?
    Last edited by Nuntius; 01-13-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Almost none of his reasons make any sense whatsoever. This guy is almost certainly a Heat fan, any logical person KNOWS we can beat the heat.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That article is the most ridiculous things I've read in a looong time. It's wrong on every single point. It's very obvious that he knows little to nothing about our team.

1. Danny is just icing on the cake (bench), if he stays healthy great. We almost did it without him last season, with a awful bench.

2. Not deep? Are bench is pretty good this season. Maybe as deep as any team in the league. Heck, we don't even need a great bench, are starters are one of the most efficient starting lineups in the league, this year and last. Almost forgot LANCE IS A STARTER, has been since most of last season, how could he not know that.

3. Lack of competition? It doesn't freaking matter what darn division we are in, we play ever team in the league at least twice. We match up pretty well with the entire league and we'll be tested plenty enough to be ready.

4. Everyone knows Paul can't carry us the way LeBron does Miami, he just not there yet, YET. NOONE has ever said he has to carry us. He doesn't freaking have to, we have a great TEAM.

5. We can beat the Heat, we just haven't did it in a series YET. Nothing I've seen that cry's we just can beat them. We took them to 7 games last season and we are much better now and they are not. In individual games we have beat them more than any team in the league the last few years. Without looking it up I believe we have a winning record against them.
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-13-2014 at 01:28 AM.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

What a brilliant and successful article. Pageviews for the win!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

5) Danny Granger is healthy now.
    4) We have a pretty good bench. Two of our bench players would be starting on other teams.
    3) How does a lack of competition in the Central Division affect how good we are?
    2) Paul George took us to the ECF while doing it all. That has to count for something.
    1) We took the Heat to 7 games without Danny Granger, and beat them once so far this year.

This article may as well have just said NOPE! and left it at that, because the "evidence" he used to back up his rant is ridiculous.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar

Let me address the only REAL reason we may not be "for real". The only reason is that we may not win it all this year is that VOGEL will not allow Stephenson to run point guard for at least 60% of the time he is on the floor this season.

I think Vogel is a good coach and has done a very good job with the Pacers, but he just need to make this unbelievably simple adjustment ! Stephenson needs to come down the floor and run the plays Hill is running for these reasons. Lance loves creating, he leads the team in assists. When he comes down the floor he's immediately putting pressure on the defense because of his explosive aggressiveness as soon as the possession starts to create easy scoring opportunities (that is something every point guard needs and Hill lacks.) Stephenson would also have a strength and size advantage to other PG defenders and better ability to feed our large lineup. He also knows how to control the tempo decently and given the chance the start point guard he would only become better at that because this team is perfect for him ! SECOND, Hill is an efficient low turnover PG no doubt. He will get the play run almost every single time, but hes so predictable ! This causes turnovers, broken plays, 1 on 1's, LOW FG % aka ugly offence and easy points for the other teams and discourages our team on defense!! I love when Hill is on the wing looking to SLASH and shoot. He's an excellent slasher in my opinion and great at little slip passes, he is truly a good SG. The last 4 minuets of the game I would have Hill at PG for sure. The game slows down and execution so in the mean time I would let Hill close. Lance should run PG about 80% of the time he's out there. Stephenson is a great learner so he at least deserves a chance, if you don't at least believe that it's a damn shame. They both know they are not playing their natural positions and it shows every single game, utilize them to their strengths and our team would be unstable !

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Paul George is the savior for this team. He will try,but he canít do it all. He may be the most valuable player to his particular team in any other situation other than basketball right now. Without him, the Pacers are barely .500 and quite possibly in last place in the East."

Wow.
    Yup I just closed the window when I read that part.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    Let me address the only REAL reason we may not be "for real". The only reason is that we may not win it all this year is that VOGEL will not allow Stephenson to run point guard for at least 60% of the time he is on the floor this season.

I think Vogel is a good coach and has done a very good job with the Pacers, but he just need to make this unbelievably simple adjustment ! Stephenson needs to come down the floor and run the plays Hill is running for these reasons. Lance loves creating, he leads the team in assists. When he comes down the floor he's immediately putting pressure on the defense because of his explosive aggressiveness as soon as the possession starts to create easy scoring opportunities (that is something every point guard needs and Hill lacks.) Stephenson would also have a strength and size advantage to other PG defenders and better ability to feed our large lineup. He also knows how to control the tempo decently and given the chance the start point guard he would only become better at that because this team is perfect for him ! SECOND, Hill is an efficient low turnover PG no doubt. He will get the play run almost every single time, but hes so predictable ! This causes turnovers, broken plays, 1 on 1's, LOW FG % aka ugly offence and easy points for the other teams and discourages our team on defense!! I love when Hill is on the wing looking to SLASH and shoot. He's an excellent slasher in my opinion and great at little slip passes, he is truly a good SG. The last 4 minuets of the game I would have Hill at PG for sure. The game slows down and execution so in the mean time I would let Hill close. Lance should run PG about 80% of the time he's out there. Stephenson is a great learner so he at least deserves a chance, if you don't at least believe that it's a damn shame. They both know they are not playing their natural positions and it shows every single game, utilize them to their strengths and our team would be unstable !
    Honestly, I think that this is what happening. Lance is the one creating most of the time. He is the one that is handling the ball. The ball rarely goes to Hill. When Lance does not have the ball it's usually because PG or one of our post players have it.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    What a brilliant and successful article. Pageviews for the win!
    How many Kravitz Points does he get?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I don't mind people not believing in the Pacers, but this article was just trash. Not to mention the slideshow to get pageviews.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

People earn money writing stuff like that. Wow.
    Thank you Jeff.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Paul George is the savior for this team. He will try,but he can’t do it all. He may be the most valuable player to his particular team in any other situation other than basketball right now. Without him, the Pacers are barely .500 and quite possibly in last place in the East."

Wow.
    Wow. That's stupid. Couldn't you say that about the defending champs too with LeBron James? They'd be even worse.

Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Honestly, I think that this is what happening. Lance is the one creating most of the time. He is the one that is handling the ball. The ball rarely goes to Hill. When Lance does not have the ball it's usually because PG or one of our post players have it.

I think he assumes 17% of the PG role when Hill is on the floor and he brings the ball up about 8% when Hill is on the floor now.

There's a new thread called "Which Pacer lineups are working?" , and it says quote
    "The Pacers most effective lineup on the season has been Stephenson, George and Hibbert joined by C.J. Watson and Luis Scola. That unit is scoring 133.3 points per 100 possessions, and outscoring opponents by 39.3 points per 100 possessions. This lineup has been used in 16 games, but for just 47 minutes.If you replace Watson with Hill, the offensive rating jumps up to 143.9, but the defensive rating climbs as well, and that unit outscores opponents by 36.4 points per 100 possessions."
    Last edited by PacersForever; 01-13-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    I think he assumes 17% of the PG role when Hill is on the floor and he brings the ball up about 8% when Hill is on the floor now.

There's a new thread called "Which Pacer lineups are working?" , and it says quote
    Not sure why you think that quote has to do with Lance playing the point. It is a comparison between CJ and Hill.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Danny is already getting double figure scoring off the bench. I think once the whole team gets its feet wet with the new rotation, this team is too dangerous
    Smothered Chicken!

yeah that writer is a little messed up. He says we aren't good enough, but then says we might win 70 games. So he thinks we might go 41-5 the rest of the way, but that we aren't very good?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post: