Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56

Thread: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    I think we have to throw it out there.... Is Jonathan Martin worth consideration? Without focusing on what it would take pick/trade wise I can't remember if the guy could hold his own to begin with?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  2. #27

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    He played with Andrew Luck at Stanford so its not as if being here would be uncomfortable for him but I don't really pay attention to the Dolphins that much.

  3. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Ouch, after seeing some youtube looks it wasn't pretty. The guy got pushed back into the pocket a number for times.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  4. #29
    Member thewholefnshow31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think we need to draft a corner because Toler is not the answer what so ever
    Are we sure Vontae Davis is worth a nice contract as well? At times since we got him I would say he totally deserves it and then others I just think we should let him go.

  5. #30

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    I would rather trade our draft picks than use them. We have so many young players. I personally believe NFL picks are more valuable as trade assets than as actual picks, at least for playoff teams.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  7. #31

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I follow the Colts at a distance. I watch parts of games, and end of games if it is close.

    I know the old saying you are what your record says you are. But the Colts just don't seem nearly as good as the top teams and they don't seem like an 11-5 team to me.

    Seem to have excellent coaching, great attitude - never quit, and they have Andrew Luck. But they need some significant upgrades in a lot of areas.
    I'd say we were an 11-5 caliber team before we lost Reggie, Ballard, Allen, Bradshaw, and Thomas

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  9. #32

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like Bethea and DBrown have said their farewells to the Indy lockerroom. Pretty much guarantees a Ballard/Richardson backfield.
    Where was that said?

  10. #33

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stephen Holder also says the Colts have about $30M in cap space.
    Our exact number in cap space is about 38 million, and that number goes up to 41 million if we cut Satele, which seems very likely. So we should have about 40+ million to spend

  11. #34
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where was that said?
    Twitter. One of the local writers said that Beathea addressed the lockerroom. I wanna say Conrad Brunner was the one, but I'm not sure.

    EDIT: Yeah, it was Brunner.

    Quote Originally Posted by @1070Bruno
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1st impression from #Colts lockerroom; Bethea, DBrown won't be back. Both sounded resigned. Bethea gave what amounted to farewell speech
    Quote Originally Posted by 1070@Bruno
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other #Colts free agents all said what you'd expect: "I love Indy, I love the team, I want to be back." That included VDavis.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-13-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  12. #35
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,304
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    We definitely need to make changes on Defense..the only players I think don't need upgraded are Mathis, Davis, Freeman, Redding, and maybe Chapman. Everyone else is definitely replaceable, especially the secondary. Toler was decent at the start of the year, but he obviously can't stay healthy. Bethea and Landry just don't fit together. Their both terrible in coverage. So definitely one of them needs replaced. If we can get a good coverage safety then I'd rather keep Landry because he can definitely tackle and is decent against the run. Walden and RJF are decent players, but definitely not every down kind of players. I think Werner has potential and Sheppard as well to a lesser extent. But we definitely need to try hard to improve the D in the draft and free agency. I would probably give Manusky another chance with a better squad before letting him go.

    As for the offense I think we definitely are almost set. I like our young weapons in Hilton, Fleener, Whalen, and Brazil. We definitely need to get all the injured guys healthy. I dunno about Rogers, he seems to not have very good hands to me, but he definitely has all the physical tools. I'm assuming we lose Brown and Bradshaw. I think a Ballard/Richardson back field will be good enough as I definitely expect Trent to improve. I refuse to believe that he just isn't capable of being an NFL back. From what I seen at Alabama and with the Cleveland I think he can definitely improve and be a quality NFL back. This will definitely be one of the areas I'm curious to see develop. We obviously need to improve the O line. I think Cherilus, Costanzo and Thomas have potential to be starters. Everyone else needs replaced except maybe Thornton as he is only a rookie. So we definitely need a new Center if Holmes isn't good and a guard. As for Pep, I dunno...I don't want to replace another OC this year and make our young guys adjust to ANOTHER new offense....but I did not like what I seen from him this year. Actually I hate his play calling mostly. He's too stubborn and conservative for my liking. And he doesn't play to our strengths. Idk though. OH, and I'll be totally pissed if we don't resign McAfee...he's a great punter and definitely an asset to our community.

    I'm not sure about Pagano either...I definitely wanna give him another year or two, but I definitely have worries about us ever making it to a SB with him as our coach.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:


  14. #36

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Twitter. One of the local writers said that Beathea addressed the lockerroom. I wanna say Conrad Brunner was the one, but I'm not sure.

    EDIT: Yeah, it was Brunner.
    hmm interesting, can't say i'm surprised though. I hope Bethea and Brown do well, and i'm glad we were able to get Bethea a ring in his time here. Now, who will replace him?

  15. #37

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Should we let Delano Howell replace Bethea?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  17. #38

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Sign Stevie Brown for cheap from the Giants. He missed all of last year with an injury, but he was great in 2012 and he went to Columbus East. He could come pretty cheap due to his injury. It would be worth the risk.

  18. #39

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Kerry Rhodes is still available somehow. I don't think he officially retired. He would be good for a one year contract.

  19. #40

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    I am going with the offensive line first.

    Resign Mike McGlynn and play him at Center. He will probably cost 3 million. Then sign Texans Guard Wade Smith (4 million) and play him at left guard and have Donald Thomas play RG.

    Draft a backup tackle in the later rounds.

    Defensive ILB.

    I like Spikes alot to fix the defensive line problem and add a run stoper to the LBer core. Backup plan would be be to sign Paul Soliai at NT and let his 6'4 355 frame eat up the double blockers.

    DB's. You have Toler for 4.5 mill for the next 2 years. Find out if he is worth it next year.
    Resign Davis.

    Safeties.
    If you go after Byrd then you will probably have the highest paid safety combo in the NFL. Landry got 8 million and Byrd will get around 10-11 million per year. Needless to say thats a ton of money and I doubt they go that route so I think they go after Kendrick Lewis from the Chiefs. Must say I think they should draft a guy regardless.

    Totally forgot about Howell thanks BCC. Thats also a viable option.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 01-13-2014 at 06:40 PM.

  20. #41

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am going with the offensive line first.

    Resign Mike McGlynn and play him at Center. He will probably cost 3 million. Then sign Texans Guard Wade Smith (4 million) and play him at left guard and have Donald Thomas play RG.

    Draft a backup tackle in the later rounds.

    Defensive ILB.

    I like Spikes alot to fix the defensive line problem and add a run stoper to the LBer core. Backup plan would be be to sign Paul Soliai at NT and let his 6'4 355 frame eat up the double blockers.

    DB's. You have Toler for 4.5 mill for the next 2 years. Find out if he is worth it next year.
    Resign Davis.

    Safeties.
    If you go after Byrd then you will probably have the highest paid safety combo in the NFL. Landry got 8 million and Byrd will get around 10-11 million per year. Needless to say thats a ton of money and I doubt they go that route so I think they go after Kendrick Lewis from the Chiefs. Must say I think they should draft a guy regardless.

    Totally forgot about Howell thanks BCC. Thats also a viable option.
    NO! We need a bigger upgrade than McGlynn at center, he is average at best, and was still sadly a huge improvement over Satele

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  22. #42

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO! We need a bigger upgrade than McGlynn at center, he is average at best, and was still sadly a huge improvement over Satele
    You are going to have to make tough choices on the cap because 35 mill will only go so far. I would be happy to upgrade the Center position but guys like Mack are going to cost a lot. He even said he will allow the Browns to match any offer so pulling him away will be very difficult.

    My biggest issue with McGlynn was his pass protection against stunts not his run blocking and at the Center position he will not have much difficulty IMO. If you want a different name with a low cost it would be Brain De La Puente of the Saints. They will have to use a ton of money to resign Jimmy Graham and their OT so he is a cheaper option. The Packers and the Browns sound like they are serious about resigning their centers and those are the two best options.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 01-13-2014 at 08:38 PM.

  23. #43
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    First priority is interior offensive line. Really, really need to figure out the G/C/G part. We can't be a "run first" team without that.

    Interior D line needs improvement as well. Not sure if we have the right players there, or if these can improve.

    The receivers biggest problem after Reggie went down was the inability to get separation in man coverage. They worked that out somewhat, but I still think we need one receiver that can get open consistently on a simple route against man coverage.

    I'd like to see some improvement at LB. Not sure if that will happen, though.

    Did I mention the interior o line? :-)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


  25. #44

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But the Colts just don't seem nearly as good as the top teams and they don't seem like an 11-5 team to me.
    Of the 4 remaining playoff teams, the Colts beats 3 of them during the regular season.

    Compare the Colts to the Chiefs, another 11-5 team. The Chiefs got a lot of respect this year. The Colts only had 1 pro bowler compared to the Chiefs 8 pro bowlers. But look at the Chiefs record, they didn't beat anyone good all year. I think the Colts are better than they get credit for.

  26. #45

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are going to have to make tough choices on the cap because 35 mill will only go so far. I would be happy to upgrade the Center position but guys like Mack are going to cost a lot. He even said he will allow the Browns to match any offer so pulling him away will be very difficult.

    My biggest issue with McGlynn was his pass protection against stunts not his run blocking and at the Center position he will not have much difficulty IMO. If you want a different name with a low cost it would be Brain De La Puente of the Saints. They will have to use a ton of money to resign Jimmy Graham and their OT so he is a cheaper option. The Packers and the Browns sound like they are serious about resigning their centers and those are the two best options.
    we are gonna cut Satele, so we will likely have about 41 million in cap

  27. #46
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am going with the offensive line first.

    Resign Mike McGlynn and play him at Center. He will probably cost 3 million. Then sign Texans Guard Wade Smith (4 million) and play him at left guard and have Donald Thomas play RG.

    Draft a backup tackle in the later rounds.

    Defensive ILB.

    I like Spikes alot to fix the defensive line problem and add a run stoper to the LBer core. Backup plan would be be to sign Paul Soliai at NT and let his 6'4 355 frame eat up the double blockers.

    DB's. You have Toler for 4.5 mill for the next 2 years. Find out if he is worth it next year.
    Resign Davis.

    Safeties.
    If you go after Byrd then you will probably have the highest paid safety combo in the NFL. Landry got 8 million and Byrd will get around 10-11 million per year. Needless to say thats a ton of money and I doubt they go that route so I think they go after Kendrick Lewis from the Chiefs. Must say I think they should draft a guy regardless.

    Totally forgot about Howell thanks BCC. Thats also a viable option.
    Kendrick Lewis are u joking i would be sick to my gut if we signed him we he was a total liablity all year for KC.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  28. #47

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Yeah, we need to stay away from Kendrick Lewis, guy was awful for Kansas City. Though change of scenery does wonder for some players, but still no imo

  29. #48
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,028

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yikes, Gerald Green 2-16 so far for Phoenix including 0-7 from 3 point land
    Yeah... I don't think we want him on the Colts
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  31. #49

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah... I don't think we want him on the Colts
    didn't know i posted this here. My bad

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  33. #50
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,028

    Default Re: Indianapolis Colts off-season thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    didn't know i posted this here. My bad
    I wanted to reply before you caught your mistake and preserve it for future generations
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •