Thread: Skip Bayless is at it again, now has Luck in his crosshairs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thumbs down Skip Bayless is at it again, now has Luck in his crosshairs

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Skip Bayless is at it again, now has Luck in his crosshairs

While I hate hashtags, but, any and all sarcasm should be marked with #bayless because anything he writes or says is pure sarcasm. I don't think he really understands what he's saying because he's just saying it for a paycheck. Which I can't blame him for it because I would do the same thing for whatever he's making a year.

I'm sure he's petitioning the IOC to introduce a new sport to count the wrinkles on Tebow's sack just so he could win a gold medal.

Why does anyone bother to watch Skip beyond entertainment fodder..

He's a sensationalistic tool and he embraces that role. Its not that serious.

That being said I agree he's not elite yet but he's well on his way. The hyperbole about him is a bit much right now.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 01-10-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Bayless on 1/27/12: "I KNOW what Tebow can do in the NFL. I've seen it over/over/over. I'm not sure what Andrew Luck can do or if he has Tebow's It Factor"

So Luck has gone from a poor man's Tebow to being compared to a 2-time Super Bowl winning QB...I guess that's progress.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is good. The opposite of what Skip says comes true. Because he's 100% ignoramus.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Why do you even read/listen to him? I ignore everything about him
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He also, obviously, predicts a Colts loss this weekend. Things are looking up.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

You know, if everyone would stop giving a **** about what that moron says, he'd be gone....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I've done my part, Suave.

Skip doesn't care about how Luck plays on the field. Everything Skip says about Luck goes back to predictions he made two years ago. He will forever be biased against Luck for two reasons: 1) He said that the Colts should have kept Manning, and 2) He said that RG3 would be better than Luck. Skip will forever marginalize everything Luck does so that he can cling on to the thought that his pathetic predictions weren't that bad at the time.

Skip says that Quarterback A should be MVP of the league:

380-628 60.5 Comp % 4,343 yds 6.92 YPA 25 TD 11 INT 87.3 Rating

Skip says that Quarterback B is basically just some sloppy overrated game manager who gets lucky:

343-570 60.2 Comp% 3,822 yds 6.71 YPA 23 TD 9 INT 87.0 Rating

Quarterback A is Tom Brady. Quarterback B is Andrew Luck. That right there tells you what a joke this guy is. Brady won one more game than Luck, but these guys have near identical stats and had very similar seasons. Both played good with depleted rosters. There's nothing wrong per se with Skip saying that Brady should be MVP, but the way he marginalizes Luck when he had an almost identical season to Brady tells you just how much this guy is driven by his biases.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is good. The opposite of what Skip says comes true. Because he's 100% ignoramus.
    He did predict the Red Sox were going to win the World Series before that season began so sometimes a broken clock is right twice in one day.

But he also picked the Pats to win the SB since the beginning of the season so he was going to pick them regardless.

Skip Bayless is right up there with Miley Cyrus and Kim Kardashian in terms of sports relevance. Well, he may be closer to RG3 and Tebow than Kim ever was with Reggie Bush.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He did predict the Red Sox were going to win the World Series before that season began so sometimes a broken clock is right twice in one day.

But he also picked the Pats to win the SB since the beginning of the season so he was going to pick them regardless.
    I think he's picked the Pats to win like 8 straight Super Bowls.

Mood

Some of what he said is somewhat true. TO THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER he isn't a guy that is going to go out and put up 300 yards every week, but he is a bit misinformed in that Luck probably could, it is just that Pep is a conservative son of a *****. I have said and still believe that when it is all said and done, Luck will be the best QB to have ever done it.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Skip also claimed he was a high school basketball star when he actually averaged 1.5 points per game playing jayvee (or something like that).

I loved it when Mark Cuban went on ESPN to talk about how the Mavericks won the NBA title and absolutely destroyed him in an argument.