Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

So how many years has it been since this max player played more than 60 games? When has there been a team that has improved after he went there? No thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone else think, "who bumped an old thread, and why?" when they saw this one?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was looking at the dates to see if it was bumped...lol

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    Yep, I immediately checked the date.

Then I got slightly excited because I knew I was going to see the Eric Gordon trade proposal gif somewhere in here. That thing always cracks me up.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Gordon/Stephenson/George/West/Hibbert

Watson/Granger/Scola

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    We still have problems scoring. EG would give us another 20+ PPG threat. Plus he's a slasher and can create off the dribble. We could always just move Granger for EG straight up, but that would require Herb giving LB the okay on the LT. If not, more pieces would have to go from both teams or perhaps........a third team? Still, most of this hinges on Herb looking at how far LB goes into LT with adding EG and signing Lance's extension.
    I'd much rather leave the team as is than take a huge risk on EG. His injury rap sheet and performance doesn't justify his contract.

If we're worried about scoring,I'd rather take the risk of JR Smith. Plus, Granger is getting back into game form - he's a huge addition on the offensive end
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I disagree. EG is a better shooter. He dropped 19 on our defense in the first half of our game vs NO. Sure we shut him down in the 2nd half, but other teams don't play the kind of defense we do. Plus, EG is more offensively aggressive. And that's what we need. Keeps Paul from having to do too much.
    Yeah we were not trying the first half.

So whats the plan when Gordon gets hurt? Compared to Gordon Hill is an iron man

Grimp, why must the Pacers make a trade?

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Even if EJ made exactly the same amount as George hill, and even admitting that EJ is probably a better player than George, I wouldn't make that trade for chemistry reasons. EJ makes ALMOST TWICE as much as Hill

And in what world is stiemsma a better backup center than Ian.

That being said, in my opinion a trade with the Pistons centered around Greg Monroe and EJ makes too much sense not to at least be discussed by both teams.

Instead of starting a new thread fantasizing about a trade on the main board, how about a quick post in the "Random Thoughts" thread that says something like "Pelicans actively shopping Gordon, for more refer to "Trade Forum".

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

I never wanted Eric Gordon because he's injured all the time and his lack of durability will only get worse.....but just to get people to stop begging for him every single year I wouldn't complain if we gutted this team and paid him the max just to stop the cries for his lame services. Maybe we could win 30 or 40 games watching him sit in a suit ala Jermaine O'Neal. Nobody wanted a ring in Indy anyway.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pelicans and Suns seem like natural trade partners to me. EJ obviously likes the franchise, and Phoenix has recently intimated that they're willing to deal some of their assets for proven veterans. With Bledsoe possibly missing the rest of the season with his knee injury, they need to add a little firepower to stay in the playoff chase.

Does the ignore feature work for threads too?

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Does the ignore feature work for threads too?
    Yep. I believe you can search threads in your user settings and ignore threads just as you ignore posters.

EG isn't dependable.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Pelicans and Suns seem like natural trade partners to me. EJ obviously likes the franchise, and Phoenix has recently intimated that they're willing to deal some of their assets for proven veterans. With Bledsoe possibly missing the rest of the season with his knee injury, they need to add a little firepower to stay in the playoff chase.
    If you're Phoenix at this point, do you really want to add that kind of payroll? You can't trust EJ's health. A different front office wanted to sign him to that (ill fated) max extention a few years ago. I doubt the new regime is excited to pay him max money to keep them afloat, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This is the perfect to excuse to tank now.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    If you're Phoenix at this point, do you really want to add that kind of payroll? You can't trust EJ's health. A different front office wanted to sign him to that (ill fated) max extention a few years ago. I doubt the new regime is excited to pay him max money to keep them afloat, at best.
    Suns aren't eligible to get him because they signed him to the offer sheet.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Suns aren't eligible to get him because they signed him to the offer sheet.
    Wrong-o. They were ineligible to get him for that first year, which has obviously now passed. He can now be traded to Phoenix.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo

wouldn't be PD without the annual Eric Gordon thread. lol.

hell no! I trust Grangers health more than Gordons at this time.

This thread reminds me of the Miles Plumlee draft thread.

Curiously, if the Pacers are unwilling/unable to retain both Lance and Danny for some reason, would they be able to sign EJ at his current salary?

I'd rather have Lance and Danny, as I'm sure the Pacers would, but Gordon wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize if worse comes to worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Curiously, if the Pacers are unwilling/unable to retain both Lance and Danny for some reason, would they be able to sign EJ at his current salary?

I'd rather have Lance and Danny, as I'm sure the Pacers would, but Gordon wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize if worse comes to worse.
    He's paid about the same as Granger and more than Lance is going to get. 14M/year. It's not happening and that's a great thing. I wouldn't mind cutting Granger to get EJ but that's not happening either.

Priority #1 is retaining Lance Stephenson. I think the Pacers have finally gotten to the point where the team has too much talent to pay unless they get very creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Grimp, why must the Pacers make a trade?
    Because it's ERIC GORDON!

Seriously, you're right. We've not been so stacked on the wing in the past decade at least. If there was ever a time the Pacers DIDN'T need a wing upgrade, it's now.

EJ's not an upgrade over either of our wing players. Why trade for a max guy to sit him on the bench?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Because it's ERIC GORDON!

Seriously, you're right. We've not been so stacked on the wing in the past decade at least. If there was ever a time the Pacers DIDN'T need a wing upgrade, it's now.

EJ's not an upgrade over either of our wing players. Why trade for a max guy to sit him on the bench?

No he wouldn't be coming off the bench. He'd be starting. West, PG, Hibbert, EG, and Lance. I just think we are missing another perimeter threat to put alongside PG. We need someone who makes the defense pay when they trap or double PG. And that person needs to be in the backcourt. GH should be on the bench because he's not a terrific defender, but he doesn't make up for it with great O either. I'd love for us to land Jeff Green in a trade or Jordan Crawford. Jeff has 2 years left on his deal though, while Jordan has 1. We could find a third trade partner where we land Jordan and Boston gets maybe Solomon Hill from us. The other team sends pieces to Boston and gets back maybe a pick from Boston. I think with Danny's money off the books, we'd be able to resign Lance. Jordan's contract wouldn't hurt us too much because it'd be his last year of his deal. And if I'm not mistaken, I think Jordan Crawford is still on his rookie deal. He was drafted in 2010 to the Wizards.