Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 116

Thread: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

  1. #1

    Exclamation Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Of-Eric-Gordon


    Indy needs to get him. But we should ask for a backup center also in the deal so we can dump Ian. Gordon in the backcourt with Lance would be awesome. Danny and Solo and maybe some pieces from a third team should get it done. I trade-checked this and here's how it turns out...

    George Hill
    Danny Granger
    Solomon Hill

    to NO

    Eric Gordon
    Greg Stiemsma
    Jeff Withey
    Anthony Morrow to Indiana




    West
    PG
    Roy
    Eric
    Lance


    Scola
    Copeland
    Steisma
    Morrow
    CJ


    Orlando
    Ian
    Jeff Withey
    R. Butler






    Another version I did works, and sends the same players from Indy to NO. Except, we get back Eric Gordon, Austin Rivers, and Jason Smith.
    Last edited by Grimp; 01-10-2014 at 01:37 PM.

  2. #2
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Ok who's got the JPG?

    Side note...when will anyone appreciate George Hill?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  4. #3
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Dale Davis?

    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,664

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Grimp................ NO. Honestly, I won't trade the core of this team for anything, one of the reasons our team is so good is the chemistry we have together. Stop coming up with your new trade ideas everyday, and why isn't this in the trade ideas?

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    To be fair there is some real news here, with Jrue going down today for the Pelis they are probably just going to try and abandon ship. I'm sure they've been attempting to move EJ before now (he's incredibly unhappy there), but now I bet their asking price will go down. I think some fringe playoff east team will pick him up.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #6
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Side note...when will anyone appreciate George Hill?
    Right about the time he gets hurt with a concession and has to miss a key playoff game and everyone fears he is done for the season until BlueCollarColts reports that he passed 3/4ths of the concussion the night before he comes back for the decisive game of the series..... Again.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 01-10-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Can we get the "" days since Eric Gordon rumor Picture please?
    @qandrews9428

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Seriously the amazing thing about this trade is that we cough up Danny and Hill for basically Eric Gordon.

    Let's trade all of our cap flexibility and a guy who is actually pretty much scoring as well as Gordon probably would off the bench PLUS our starting point guard for an OK shooting guard.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #9

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair there is some real news here, with Jrue going down today for the Pelis they are probably just going to try and abandon ship. I'm sure they've been attempting to move EJ before now (he's incredibly unhappy there), but now I bet their asking price will go down. I think some fringe playoff east team will pick him up.

    Stress Fracture. Plus Ryan Anderson might be done for the year with that spinal injury he suffered in Boston some games ago. So they need a starter quality guard. That's Hill, and need a starter quality SF. That's Granger. Plus Danny is from NO and EG is from Indy. I am not suggesting this trade because I hate our guys, I just think we need to get more athletic on the perimeter. Gordon with Lance and Paul, would complete that equation. George Hill is a good player, but we need a backcourt of two players who can run and play above the rim with PG. Gordon attacks the basket, and can play off the dribble. And if you read the comments from PG after the Hawks game, teams are doubling and trapping him because he's our only consistent perimeter player. You add Gordon, now teams double or trap PG at a risk. Lance is the X Factor in that whole equation too.

  16. #10
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair there is some real news here, with Jrue going down today for the Pelis they are probably just going to try and abandon ship. I'm sure they've been attempting to move EJ before now (he's incredibly unhappy there), but now I bet their asking price will go down. I think some fringe playoff east team will pick him up.
    Honestly, he would be a really nice fit in Detroit.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,728

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, he would be a really nice fit in Detroit.
    Sadly, that might be true.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #12
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously the amazing thing about this trade is that we cough up Danny and Hill for basically Eric Gordon.

    Let's trade all of our cap flexibility and a guy who is actually pretty much scoring as well as Gordon probably would off the bench PLUS our starting point guard for an OK shooting guard.
    LOL not to mention losing Lance in the offseason because we are paying Gordon's max deal.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  21. #13

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    .........but his production hasn't matched the $30 million he is owed over the next two seasons.
    Might as well ship Lance off in this 'trade'. Not going to be able to give him anything after this debacle.

    If Gordon is worth it, why aren't 31 other teams trying to make a deal ??

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  23. #14

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously the amazing thing about this trade is that we cough up Danny and Hill for basically Eric Gordon.

    Let's trade all of our cap flexibility and a guy who is actually pretty much scoring as well as Gordon probably would off the bench PLUS our starting point guard for an OK shooting guard.

    Danny will most likely not be resigned. So technically, it's George Hill and Solomon Hill for EG and pieces. I think unloading Danny and George Hill would not hurt our cap even with taking back EG. And if in resigning Lance we go slightly over the tax? We can always unload Austin Rivers for a trade exception or cash or something. He was a top 8 pick in the Anthony Davis draft year. I am sure some team would take him.

  24. #15
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stress Fracture. Plus Ryan Anderson might be done for the year with that spinal injury he suffered in Boston some games ago. So they need a starter quality guard. That's Hill, and need a starter quality SF. That's Granger. Plus Danny is from NO and EG is from Indy. I am not suggesting this trade because I hate our guys, I just think we need to get more athletic on the perimeter. Gordon with Lance and Paul, would complete that equation. George Hill is a good player, but we need a backcourt of two players who can run and play above the rim with PG. Gordon attacks the basket, and can play off the dribble. And if you read the comments from PG after the Hawks game, teams are doubling and trapping him because he's our only consistent perimeter player. You add Gordon, now teams double or trap PG at a risk. Lance is the X Factor in that whole equation too.
    No, no, no you don't need to sell me on why the Pelicans would want to do this deal. I completely understand why they would. I just have zero idea why we would

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  26. #16

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, he would be a really nice fit in Detroit.
    It would cost Detroit Caldwell Pope and much more though. Probably Drummond or Monroe along with Caldwell Pope. Then again, maybe they'd trade Josh Smith to NO?

  27. #17
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny will most likely not be resigned. So technically, it's George Hill and Solomon Hill for EG and pieces. I think unloading Danny and George Hill would not hurt our cap even with taking back EG. And if in resigning Lance we go slightly over the tax? We can always unload Austin Rivers for a trade exception or cash or something. He was a top 8 pick in the Anthony Davis draft year. I am sure some team would take him.
    If you have EJ's deal on the books, you can't re-sign Lance without going grossly over the tax.

    Also you don't even have us receiving Austin Rivers in your proposed trade but considering he just got done being roundly roasted by the entire NBA for his pathetic start to his career I'm not sure we could unload him that easily.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  29. #18
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon


    Found it.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  30. The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  31. #19
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would cost Detroit Caldwell Pope and much more though. Probably Drummond or Monroe along with Caldwell Pope. Then again, maybe they'd trade Josh Smith to NO?

    LOL Drummond or Monroe? For Eric Gordon? Are we talking about the same guy right now?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  33. #20

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, no, no you don't need to sell me on why the Pelicans would want to do this deal. I completely understand why they would. I just have zero idea why we would
    You can't even see a little bit how a Gordon Lance PG trio would be an offensive nightmare for teams? Teams already have problems guarding Lance and PG most times. You throw Gordon in there it's a wrap.

  34. #21

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL Drummond or Monroe? For Eric Gordon? Are we talking about the same guy right now?
    Well to make salaries match. Caldwell Pope is a rookie, him straight up for EG wouldn't work. Josh Smith straight up for EG probably would.

  35. #22
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    George Hill at 8 million is a better offensive player than Gordon at 14 million. This is the definition of a 2k trade if I've ever seen one.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  37. #23

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you have EJ's deal on the books, you can't re-sign Lance without going grossly over the tax.

    Also you don't even have us receiving Austin Rivers in your proposed trade but considering he just got done being roundly roasted by the entire NBA for his pathetic start to his career I'm not sure we could unload him that easily.

    Austin can't get playing time though. He had 1 season to shine. PG didn't shine in his first season either. Some folks even wanted to trade him! Austin had 1 season. Then they brought in Jrue and Tyreke and Austin was blacklisted.

  38. #24
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Austin can't get playing time though. He had 1 season to shine. PG didn't shine in his first season either. Some folks even wanted to trade him! Austin had 1 season. Then they brought in Jrue and Tyreke and Austin was blacklisted.
    Paul George spent an entire first round playoff series defending the MVP of the league his rookie year.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  40. #25

    Default Re: Pelicans actively shopping Eric Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George Hill at 8 million is a better offensive player than Gordon at 14 million. This is the definition of a 2k trade if I've ever seen one.
    I disagree. EG is a better shooter. He dropped 19 on our defense in the first half of our game vs NO. Sure we shut him down in the 2nd half, but other teams don't play the kind of defense we do. Plus, EG is more offensively aggressive. And that's what we need. Keeps Paul from having to do too much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •