Thread: Just closed on our new home today!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Just closed on our new home today!

My wife and I closed on our new home today! Geez, we didn't work with the guy you sent me, but it turns out our Realtor is from Carmel. Did not know it until we had been working with him for a couple weeks. He was actually up there last week enjoying the snow. Anyway, the process went great and we went from offering to closing in less than 30 days. 15 minutes from the beach, 20 from NASA, 35 from Galveston and 40 from downtown Houston. Life is good!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Just closed on our new home today!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Congrats to you and your wife.

My wife and I are about to close on our house in the next few weeks. That is if the builder ever finishes with construction. *sigh* Our lease ends Jan 31, so I'm not sure if I should re-up for Feb...just hate wasting money.

Oh, and I should share my story with my realtor sometime. Absolutely hate the guy, but we don't have to deal with him much longer.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Congrats. My GF and I are in the process of closing on our first home. I wish we had your luck on the amount of time.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Congratulations Ken! (You too Since86) I gave you the contact info for a friend in Houston (not a realtor) and it's odd because just this morning he was asking if you had moved there or not.

My friend just emailed that it sounds like you'd be close to him....he's in Pasedena.
    Since86 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. TAKE A HINT!!!
    Last edited by indygeezer; 01-10-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congratulations Ken! (You too Since86) I gave you the contact info for a friend in Houston (not a realtor) and it's odd because just this morning he was asking if you had moved there or not.

My friend just emailed that it sounds like you'd be close to him....he's in Pasedena.
    Since86 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. TAKE A HINT!!!
    Things just fell together for us with the realtor we used Geez. We went to an open house where he was filling in for one of the other agents so they could have a Sunday off. We ended up talking for a long time about a number of things. It made it easy to see why he is so successful at what he does. As we were signing at he closing, he was saying it was unusual how fast we got things done. We made our first offer official on Dec. 10th and closed on Jan. 9th. Throw in we got our house with only $5510 out of our pocket was even better. The cherry on the sundae is said money came from my wife's former employer who put money into a retirement account which she did not have to match. They just banked the money for every employee. When she left she requested the money, minus the gov. penalty of course. So in reality, we didn't even take the closing out of our pocket. We have been blessed indeed.

I have a question for you geez. When we got to the house after getting the keys, the previous owners had left a set of blueprints. When we looked at them today, we found out the second story had been added in 2002 with the downstairs floor plan rearranged as well. My question is, if the owners knew of this should they have said something? We had no idea, though we love how it all works. What part of Pasadena does your buddy live in? Our new place is across from the Pasadena Convention Center. We live of Crenshaw at the beltway right now.

Good luck to you all going through the closings. I will say it was crazy, but the payoff is awesome!

Congrats. My wife and I bought our house two years ago. Thankfully we went through a realtor my parents went through and she was great. The guy selling his house had a realtor that almost messed things up because he was being cocky and not reading the offers properly.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

My question is, if the owners knew of this should they have said something? We had no idea, though we love how it all works.

In Indiana that would not need to be disclosed. Even if the remodel caused water to leak in the seller would only have to disclose the leak not why (remodeling).
    Not to scare you but a relative remodeled his 1960's ranch style home by adding a second story. What nobody took into account was the stress the added weight would put on the basement walls. His once beautiful full basement (man-cave) is no longer usable because the of water leaks. He has no recoarse tho because he designed the reconstruction himself and hired a contractor to do the work. An archetech (sp) probably would have saved him his basement.

KEN! I emailed Triple Threat your latest location description and he laughed and said.....He lives in my neighborhood.
    Last edited by indygeezer; 01-12-2014 at 03:41 PM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

It makes me feel better it looks like they really planned it out. The blueprints have all of the support beams, load bearing walls and even the piers they put under the foundation. It doesn't look like they just threw it up on top of a slab foundation with no support. In the neighborhood? Cool.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Congrats, Ken!
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post: