Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 1/8/2014 Game Thread #35: Pacers Vs. Hawks

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 1/8/2014 Game Thread #35: Pacers Vs. Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps he isn't feeling well. That might explain why he looked like crap.
    Why should he be put back in when he played like a girl in a dress... Roy was horribble beyond measure and deserved to be benched he was hurting the team the whole game

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Perhaps. Makes you wonder. Hard to believe that Vogel would not give him another chance. Maybe Atlanta wouldn't have been getting all of those offensive rebounds had Roy been in there.
    Yea because Roy had a total of 5 rebounds in the last three games... stop making excuses for this guy

It was largely a game of hero ball because the players available tonight don't focus enough on sharing the ball. We missed Lance's 5-6 assists tonight and everything else he brings that is unique to this team.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Pacers played like bums for the first half. I don't care their shots wasn't falling. They played team ball horribly, passing was non existent until it was a bad pass and shot selection vs clock was terrible.

I don't think Roy was much engaged at all tonight and could be a bit tired. 4 games in 5 nights with all the traveling could be wearing at the big fella along with BAMF, but no excuss for the rest of them being tired.

Energy wasn't there the first half, yet was there the second half. This "what we do, who we are" needs to stop. No reason not to get after it early and put these bad teams away.

Lance was missed big time tonight. Lance fills the gaps when the offense bogs down or not moving. I think this to be the case even more now then ever, even tho this is a very small sample size.

I'm not trippin on the loss, it happens, but this is what I saw.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Back to backs to me are like losing on Thursday night Football, it doesn't matter much because they only implement it during the regular season.
    Unless it costs you HCA

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    Yea because Roy had a total of 5 rebounds in the last three games... stop making excuses for this guy
    8 rebounds against New Orleans, 6 rebounds against Cleveland, 8 rebounds against Toronto, 4 rebounds tonight.

So, depending if you want to include tonight's game in the "last three games" or not Roy ends up with either 22 or 18 total rebounds in that span.

Yeah... Your argument isn't really working.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    It was largely a game of hero ball because the players available tonight don't focus enough on sharing the ball. We missed Lance's 5-6 assists tonight and everything else he brings that is unique to this team.
    It was largely a game of hero ball because we dug ourselves into a huge hole early in the game and we were forced to speed up the game if we wanted to come back. We were down 25 points with 7 or so minutes remaining in the third quarter and we were just forced to play faster. That's why Roy wasn't brought back to the game and we elected to play small ball down the stretch. We needed quickness and perimeter shooting to get back in this one.

Lance isn't the only one that focuses on sharing the ball. Heck, some of West's turnovers were due to overpassing. Our whole team focuses on sharing the ball but when you are in a 25 point hole then you start acting erratically in an effort to come back.

That said, we certainly missed Lance's playmaking tonight. That's obviously true. Lance is a player that can make the most out of his teammates (especially Luis and Ian) and that's something that we certainly missed tonight.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Rewatched the second half the colts game to get the taste of this game out of my mouth

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Rewatched the second half the colts game to get the taste of this game out of my mouth
    I'm just now starting to watch the start of the Suns game (DVR). Got 2 x Pacers starting for the Suns, Gerald and Miles, prolly be a hot mess and will make me be so thankful for our Pacers.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

[QUOTE=Nuntius;1766754]It was largely a game of hero ball because we dug ourselves into a huge hole early in the game and we were forced to speed up the game if we wanted to come back. We were down 25 points with 7 or so minutes remaining in the third quarter and we were just forced to play faster. That's why Roy wasn't brought back to the game and we elected to play small ball down the stretch. We needed quickness and perimeter shooting to get back in this one.

Lance isn't the only one that focuses on sharing the ball. Heck, some of West's turnovers were due to overpassing. Our whole team focuses on sharing the ball but when you are in a 25 point hole then you start acting erratically in an effort to come ba

That said, we certainly missed Lance's playmaking tonight. That's obviously true. Lance is a player that can make the most out of his teammates (especially Luis and Ian) and that's something that we certainly missed tonight.[/QUOT

Agreed.....
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    It is concerning that the Pacers are getting whipped by .500 Leastern Conference teams.

They need to be feasting on this conference.
    The Lakers beasts of the early 2000's would often lose to the crappy Grizzlies of that era. It happens. You'd think it shouldn't, yet it does, and it ultimately means little to nothing, thankfully.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This.. I am inclined to be concerned with our inability to play with any type of energy in the second game of b2b... I dont know what it is that bogs us down, but IMO it appears to be some mental mountain that we will need to get over...
    i think 5 of our 7 losses have been on the 2nd of back to backs. this is not good.
    while i am not in panic mode, this is something that must be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    i think 5 of our 7 losses have been on the 2nd of back to backs. this is not good.
    Especially since I think we have 11 more b2bs

Sports Logo

Especially since I think we have 11 more b2bs
    We have 9 b2bs remaining.

We have 1 remaining in January (@ Sacramento on Jan 24th, @ Denver on Jan 25th), 3 in February (vs Orlando on Feb 3rd, @ Atlanta on Feb 4th / @ Orlando on Feb 9th, vs Denver on Feb 10th / vs Atlanta on Feb 18th, @ Minnesota on Feb 19th) and 5 in March (@ Boston on March 1st, vs Utah on March 2nd / vs Golden State on March 4th, @ Charlotte on March 5th, @ Philadelphia on March 14th, @ Detroit on March 15th / vs Chicago on March 21th, @ Memphis on March 22th / @ Cleveland on March 30th, vs San Antonio in March 31th).

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This was a back to back along with 4 games in 5 nights.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This was a back to back along with 4 games in 5 nights.
    And we were stranded in Cleveland on the one day where we didn't have a game.

Also, I don't really think it matters that much if we get the b2b problem fixed because it will literally not matter in the playoffs.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    And we were stranded in Cleveland on the one day where we didn't have a game.

Also, I don't really think it matters that much if we get the b2b problem fixed because it will literally not matter in the playoffs.
    And what happens if these struggles cost us HCA?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And what happens if these struggles cost us HCA?
    Then we deal with it.

It isn't like we can wave a magic wand and make our b2bs into home/home, or save up rest in a bank we can withdraw from later in the month.

Anyone who thought this was a cakewalk to HCA and that not getting would be a travesty needs to re-examine how teams play games over the course of the season. Our opponents get an extra lift from being able to make a "statement" by beating us. We are at the point where our lift is the same every game - need to get HCA - without anything extra (except maybe against the Heat). As much as we talk about the East being somehow so horrible as to make people gouge their eyes out, in reality these guys are all professionals who deserve to be where they are, and with very few exceptions there's not a huge gap to separate one set of players from another. "On any given night" may be a cliche, and it may not apply as frequently to basketball as it does elsewhere, but it is true that it only takes a little adversity on one side and a little lift on the other to change the tenor of the match-up.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post: