Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which teams will try and sign Lance?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Which teams will try and sign Lance?

There are a lot of players at the top of the draft that could change the landscape for Lance too....

Wiggins, Exum, Smart, Harris, Parker (depending on the team that selects him)

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hayward and Stevens reunion??? That has me giddy.

Is Hayward a restricted Free Agent?
    Yes he is so it has become everyone's favorite wet dream free agency move.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yes he is so it has become everyone's favorite wet dream free agency move.
    Thank God the Pacers are elite. If Stevens-Hayward reunited in Boston while the Pacers were in the sewer, then the local Celtics gushing would give the Larry Bird era a run for its money.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    The franchise is way too invested in the kid, and now that he's paying big dividends? Fuggetaboutit.
    Way too invested? I would say that Lance is obviously an important part of future plans. I would say that the makeup of the roster gains a big benefit by his skill set; he seems to be a very nice complement to GHill in he back court.

But I wouldn't say we are heavily invested in him. He has been a very inexpensive investment in terms of what he is now capable of providing. We are about to become heavily invested in him because once we re-sign him, we will have very little flexibility regarding roster movement.

The difficult thing will be that Larry Bird has to decide how big that investment should and can be, because it does have a limit that will be associated to it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    I would be absolutely shocked if Bird let Lance walk this offseason.

I simply don't see it.

He will trade anyone not named Paul, Roy, or David to ensure his future here if he has to, IMO.

The franchise is way too invested in the kid, and now that he's paying big dividends? Fuggetaboutit.

not sure why anyone would be shocked. Bird already stated in the interview posted a few weeks back that if they cannot afford Lance Pacers will simply sign someone else.

I still have my doubts about Lance earning more than 8Million. to me a lot of his play his contract driven this season. There are still way too many careless turnovers,,, for every fancy pass there is going to be the lance moment as well,,, but in all fairness the ratio has improved. I like Lance,, but his maturity still is a bit of a concern. Also, when he gets the big contract will he continue to play as hard as he does now.

Pacers are going to have to be very financially sound in decision making this upcoming offseason. If I gotta choose between Lance at 10 mill or Danny at around 6 for less years I might go with Danny.

No doubt Lance is a special talent, but I am not 100% convinced he can be the player he is with the Pacers as he can be elsewhere.

JR Smith was expected to get paid well previous offseason and a bad showing in the playoffs changed all that quickly. I don't expect that to happen but I want to see if Lance can keep his head and play sound fundamental basketball in the playoffs.

Many variables to go into but its probably going to come down to keeping Lance or Danny and at what cost to the Franchise. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see someone overpay Lance and he bolt. If that happens then Danny will be back.

Pacers win a championship and maybe Simon goes all in. I would really enjoy watching Lance reach his ceiling with the BnG but investing 10M is a bit much for a guy excelling on a very well rounded team.

Lance is a tough minded somewhat tempermental (maturity) kinda player. we witnessed it the other nite between he and Hill. tbh I think theres been a bit of a rift there for sometime. nothing serious just Lance wanting the respect. Point is.. we pay Lance he is going to feel like a leader on the this team and will not back down to anyone. with DWEST here to keep him in check we should be ok,, but I don't want to see the money cause his ego to present chemistry issues down the road.

with all this said, love to see Lance here w the BnG. but if the bidding war takes place like it did last season between Indiana and Portland, were gonna have to let Lance walk and bring back DG.

I am going to hate seeing one of those two guys sign elsewhere esp w the way Danny's been playing of late.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

I think Lance is smart and knows how good of a situation this is for him. Hopefully he comes back

MIP for 2013-2014 season docpaul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Way too invested? I would say that Lance is obviously an important part of future plans. I would say that the makeup of the roster gains a big benefit by his skill set; he seems to be a very nice complement to GHill in he back court.

But I wouldn't say we are heavily invested in him. He has been a very inexpensive investment in terms of what he is now capable of providing. We are about to become heavily invested in him because once we re-sign him, we will have very little flexibility regarding roster movement.

The difficult thing will be that Larry Bird has to decide how big that investment should and can be, because it does have a limit that will be associated to it.
    Sorry, I didn't communicate fully. There are different kinds of investment that go beyond financial.

We developed the kid for 4 years, so there's a very large time investment. There's also Bird's obvious emotional investment.

Fans are in love with the guy.

There's a chemistry investment amongst other members of the team.

Again, I just don't see them having the same investment in someone like GHill, or Scola in the same way they do Lance on a number of levels. Lance has played himself this year into #3 or #4 in the team's pecking order, IMO.

Maybe I'm wrong (shrug).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I think Lance is smart and knows how good of a situation this is for him. Hopefully he comes back
    If some other Team offers him some $9 mil a year offer and the Pacers can only offer him one that is $8 mil a year offer....I can see Lance doing what you suggest....stick with the Pacers. But if some Team offers him a $10 to 11 mil a year offer....which I think is entirely possible ( comprable to Tyreke and will likely overpay just to win his services ), I can see Lance taking more money and bolting.

IMHO.... I think that $$$ will be the primary motivation for Lance ( the guy has been playing under a 2nd round rookie contract for the last couple of years ). Leaving $3 to 4 mil total ( or $1+ mil a year over 4 season ) on the table to have another chance to play for a championship? I think is within reason....I can see Lance ( or any Player doing that ). But leaving $8 mil total ( or $2+ mil a year over 4 seasons ) on the Table to play for another Team? I can see that giving pause to some Players ( most Notably Lance ) if they were given that option.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    As KTT says though, Lakers probably go after a more high profile target.

KTT: good list, mostly, though I'm not sure why you're ruling out Utah. Seems like Lance could play well with Hayward. Anyway, yeah, a large number of teams could possibly talk themselves into making a large offer for Lance.

The Bulls would **** me off. IMO, he'd be a good fit there, and at the same time Lance going there would weaken us while strengthening a division rival. Hopefully though like the Lakers maybe they'll be aiming at more high profile guys, like Melo.

Another thing to look at - who are the similar young swingman/combo guards who would be competing for the same FA dollars as Lance. The obvious ones I can think of are Bledsoe and Hayward, both RFAs. Maybe Avery Bradley and possibly Evan Turner. Parsons of course if Houston opts out of his contract, but that doesn't seem likely. Then there's older guys like Deng, Granger, Marion, Crawford, Stuckey who can soak up some FA money as well.
    Look at those names... I would make the case that Lance is already a high profile guy the way he is getting triple doubles... And if he makes the ASG, then you certainly say that he is more high of a profile than those other names... Lance is in the middle of becoming a high profile target, if he has not already become one...