Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65

Thread: POSTGAME thread P vs T

  1. #26
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,993

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. This team is in a stretch where it's winning games on talent alone, but not exerting consistent effort. I thought defensive effort was there most of the night minus Ian reverting to Bad Ian a lot and Paul George just committing silly/lazy fouls. This team can win games on defense alone, but I'd sure like to see some work put into getting this offense out of its funk.
    I really didn't see this tonight and in the Pelicans game. The Raptors just seem to match-up very well to us. That was definitely true for the games in Toronto and Cleveland, though.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. #27
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,113
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way I guess we can call off the Paul George MVP campaign.
    A bit early for either talking about it;or to abandon it.

  3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    @AlexKennedyNBA: Huge win for the Jazz over the Thunder. Gordon Hayward had 37 points, 11 rebounds and 7 assists.


    Imagine if we got Hayward instead of the scrub of PG

  5. #29
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,993

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @AlexKennedyNBA: Huge win for the Jazz over the Thunder. Gordon Hayward had 37 points, 11 rebounds and 7 assists.


    Imagine if we got Hayward instead of the scrub of PG
    That was a big game by Hayward. He shot 13/16 from the field and 9/13 from the FT line. I always liked his game so I'm glad for him. Thank you for the link to Kennedy's tweet even though I obviously don't agree with the rest of your post.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #30
    Member Phree Refill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Weather must have kept some of the pacemates at bay. I only counted 10. The ones that did show seemed to display extra enthusiasm that made up for the missing ones. Hats off, pacemates. Hats off.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tony Brothers is a really ****** ref too btw.
    Agreeeeeeeeeed

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  10. #32

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    wow, Danny Granger is starting to resemble the old him. Instant offense off the bench

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    A lot of people forgot what a scoring machine Granger was. This idea that he just bombed 3s is nuts. He took a lot of shots, period, not just 3s. He was driving and working the post well his last couple of healthy seasons, including the strike season. He was the FTA guy, not Paul.

    And to me we are seeing that come out. In fact Granger had two sure scores in the lane he gave up trying to make the unnecessary extra pass. As he gets up to speed and gets comfortable being more of a primary scorer he'll really reduce the scoring pressure from Paul. He's already allowed the team to weather a pretty nasty slump from Paul.


    Scola and BAMF got a lot of TOUGH boards tonight, the kind that help win games. West especially played the rebounds like he was determined to not let this game slip away. It's nice to see so much flexibility from the team, where guys can shift roles/responsabilities as the game requires. West also had one especially nasty block.



    That freaking Lance pass, I mean holy s***! And look at the dribble move he put on just before that pass where he threw in a fake hand switch before actually crossing over. As frustrating as he can be he's also become exhilarating to watch.



    This team has gotten to a point where a nice output from Hill can go almost unnoticed, and where a bad night from Paul is barely a blip on the radar. I never feel worried about a couple of guys struggling because I just end up focusing on who does have it going and there are always a couple of guys who are on their game with this team.



    The Pacers have had trouble with the Pistons and Raptors in a similar way - 1 physical big, 1 skill big, a couple of guards who like to score a lot off their own dribble jumpers. Roy ended up with points, but mostly on fouls. His "inside" game was a couple of spins going to the lane and that was about it. West and Scola did nothing at the rim in the half court. Unlike others, I didn't feel like the Pacers dominated their bigs, I felt like the Pacers got smashmouthed yet again. That worries me a little because it seems likely that the Pacers will catch either the Pistons or the Raps in the playoffs.

    This is why I was so happy to see the toughness with West and Scola rebounding. The Raps didn't really try to attack the low post, but they were able to drive attack at will and that led to a lot of easy scores near the rim. They didn't get away with being as physical as they were in Toronto at least.

  13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #34
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    The Pistons and the Raptors are a concern in regards to how they can negate some of what we do, but the flip side is, when our defense is locked in, they're just not going to outscore us 4 out of 7 times. At least, I really doubt it.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  16. #35
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That worries me a little because it seems likely that the Pacers will catch either the Pistons or the Raps in the playoffs.
    In what scenario do we meet the Pistons in the playoffs? You think they make it to the 4 seed?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #36

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In what scenario do we meet the Pistons in the playoffs? You think they make it to the 4 seed?
    Well they are the 8 seed right now.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  19. #37

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In what scenario do we meet the Pistons in the playoffs? You think they make it to the 4 seed?
    They get the 8th seed like they have right now. I hope Miami has to play Detroit first than Toronto, that will at least make work for a few games, compared to last season, against the Bucks and unfortunate Bulls.

  20. #38
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,993

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unlike others, I didn't feel like the Pacers dominated their bigs, I felt like the Pacers got smashmouthed yet again.
    I agree with most of your post but I disagree here. I think that Roy and David won their battles against Jonas and Amir tonight. We won the rebounding battle by a wide margin (53-36) and we forced their starting PF and C to combine for 4 points on 1/11 shooting and 4 turnovers. That's why we won, imo.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  22. #39
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pistons and the Raptors are a concern in regards to how they can negate some of what we do, but the flip side is, when our defense is locked in, they're just not going to outscore us 4 out of 7 times. At least, I really doubt it.
    The Pacers are now in a pretty similar position to where Miami has been the last couple years.

    Any EC team (short of Miami) that faces us in a 7 game series cannot honestly have illusions of winning.

    They could try to catch us with a hot shooting night and steal a win, maybe two.

    But for the Pacers to lose a SERIES to any team but the Heat in the EC Playoffs this year (and even then...) would be an absolutely MASSIVE upset.

    We're that good. And built for playoff play. Neither of those teams make me even flinch.

    #PacerFanProblems

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  24. #40
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,450
    Mood

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    **** Bynum. For the Heat to beat us they need to get their hands on T-Ross. He was hounding PG every second of this game, using his fouls (and not-fouls) to frustrate the hell out of our superstar. Plus, the Raps showed really hard on the pick and rolls that they could. Paul can't quite put his head down and have something happen like Bron can. Very good example of a concerted effort to stop him; if contenders aren't taking notes, they should be. Why is Casey now a good coach I don't understand!

    Ian Report: I didn't expect that jumper to go down but he gets a "bad kitty!" for missing both of those free throws. In fact, it directly caused a turnover on the next possession as Luis hesitated to pass to the open Mahinmi and instead turned it over. His D was strong most of the night and he set some good screens (like the one that got Danny that open not-three). But that misread on the Patterson dunk post-Scola matadoring was maybe his worst defensive play of the season. He may have been frustrated at the ridiculous call that Patterson had previously gotten and shot free throws for jumping on top of Mahinmi after missing a floater, but he has to be there for the challenge or the charge. I'm giving him a 'D+'; I know it's harsh, but his job is to be invisible and he wasn't. Merci, Ian.

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  26. #41
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,256

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    I know this isn't news to anyone but I feel like saying it anyway. We have struggled the last few games because our star player has struggled the past few games.

    When Paul George goes back to being automatic inside the arc and above average outside the arc like has has been all season long until this recent struggle we will make teams like this bleed (figuratively speaking).

    The idea that our starting forwards are Paul George & David West to only be backed up by an ever improving Danny Granger & Luis Scola is obscene.

    Hell our practices are probably harder for our own front court players than 80% of the NBA is to them.

    Anyway Paul will get back on track and we will continue on being a rampaging Juggernaut.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  28. #42
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,450
    Mood

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Also, there doesn't appear to be a gif of that amazing flop by Lance after he was fouled by Lowry at the end of the first half. A swan dive that I cannot fully express my delight in seeing. If anyone finds a good quality version of it, you will receive 44 internet points. (This is actually the play I mean; not embedding since it's terribly filmed and kind of angry..)

    I did find his pass to Hill though.


  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  30. #43

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Are we ever going to see a lineup of- Stephenson/PG24/DG33/West/Hibbert?

    If G-Hill is struggling, wouldn't that lineup be way more effective against the Heat?

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:


  32. #44
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,564
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we ever going to see a lineup of- Stephenson/PG24/DG33/West/Hibbert?

    If G-Hill is struggling, wouldn't that lineup be way more effective against the Heat?
    That lineup is the wet dream of some people, but will never happen unless Hill and Watson happen to get injured and even then I think Vogel would choose to use Sloan over that lineup. I know people here are liking to compare Lance to Magic but Lance being the only main ball handler in the lineup would not be a good thing, he turns it over quite a bit as is.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  34. #45
    Member Millertime3131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Age
    29
    Posts
    878
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    If your starting point guard can't complete a pass on 3 on 1 fast break you have a problem.. G hill must go , be benched or traded, the offense looks boring and slow when he is running the show he has no vision no creativity... Can pass... He is not a starting point guard.... In other news great way to grind out Another win pacers

  35. #46
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    544

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If your starting point guard can't complete a pass on 3 on 1 fast break you have a problem.. G hill must go , be benched or traded, the offense looks boring and slow when he is running the show he has no vision no creativity... Can pass... He is not a starting point guard.... In other news great way to grind out Another win pacers
    Why do we have to act like since he starts at "point guard" he has to fulfill a certain criteria. Five guys are playing basketball together. They are 28-6. I think they fit together nicely.
    DG for 3

  36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  37. #47
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    7,846

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, there doesn't appear to be a gif of that amazing flop by Lance after he was fouled by Lowry at the end of the first half. A swan dive that I cannot fully express my delight in seeing. If anyone finds a good quality version of it, you will receive 44 internet points. (This is actually the play I mean; not embedding since it's terribly filmed and kind of angry..)

    I did find his pass to Hill though.

    Thanks.

    I actually thought Lance's best pass of the night was the in bounds to C.J. for the layup. The broadcast almost missed it and never showed a replay.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  39. #48
    Member Millertime3131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Age
    29
    Posts
    878
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do we have to act like since he starts at "point guard" he has to fulfill a certain criteria. Five guys are playing basketball together. They are 28-6. I think they fit together nicely.
    I understand there record and yes they are a great team... It's mostly because of the defense...there is a lot of untapped potential on this team on the offensive side and it's mainly because we have a player running point who lacks the fundemental skills of that position... This team is great as is.. But when we get deep in the playoffs and teams are prssuring us and PG is struggling we need a player who makes the game a little easier for his team.. That is the job of a point guard... Not saying we need Steve Nash or Jason kid... But any player who is really a true point will help us

  40. #49

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If your starting point guard can't complete a pass on 3 on 1 fast break you have a problem..
    If your starting PF goes 2-6 from the field, you have a problem.
    If your starting SF goes 4-12 from the field, you have a problem.
    If your starting C goes 2 games and only grabs 5 boards in those games, you have a problem.
    If your starting SG bricks all of his 3PT attempts, you have a problem.



    Snip - don't need that


  41. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  42. #50
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POSTGAME thread P vs T

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If your starting point guard can't complete a pass on 3 on 1 fast break you have a problem.. G hill must go , be benched or traded, the offense looks boring and slow when he is running the show he has no vision no creativity... Can pass... He is not a starting point guard.... In other news great way to grind out Another win pacers
    Oh boy. Again? Match thread wasn't enough?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •