Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bulls trade Deng to Cavs

Default Re: Bulls trade Deng to Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i am doubting oden is going to be able give even 15 minutes before he breaks down again.
    i think he is more fragile than bender.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Ft. Wayne needs someone since we took back Solo, right?
    Ug the Antz have enough troubles selling tickets do you hate us?

Banned

I wonder if the Cavaliers still want Gasol, Kyrie,Waiters,Deng,Varejao and Gasol can be pretty good(if they are healthy)

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am willing to bet that Waiters will be on a West Coast team by this time next year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Ug the Antz have enough troubles selling tickets do you hate us?
    I'm pretty indifferent.

I like this for Cleveland...we know how invaluable 4 or 5 playoff games can be.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Wow, never thought the Bulls would do that to Deng. He's still a pretty good player.
    The Bulls made their bed here. Their team doctors almost killed Deng during the playoffs. After that, it's understandable that the relationship would cool a bit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This is big for us. With Deng in Cleveland, our CJ Miles problems are pretty much kaput.
    Deng gives us plenty of problems on his own.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 19h
    Let me clarify the Bynum tweet: I'm not saying he HAS signed w/Heat . Just saying that if he's waived & joins Miami, Indy is toast
    Broussard's take.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Well, I mean ****, if CHRIS BROUSSARD says it!

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

@ESPNSteinLine: In case you're wondering: Cavs CAN negotiate w/ @LuolDeng9 on an extension until June 30 and can offer three years up to just under $50 mil

I didn't know that was possible good for them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Broussard's take.
    Maybe if this was the Bynum of 3 years ago, but I'll still take my chances with a Hibbert and West frontcourt over Bynum and Bosh. It takes another shooter off the floor for Miami, as they can't go small and play Battier or Rashard Lewis at the 4 and further clogs up the paint for LeBron and Wade. If Bynum leaves the paint, Hibbert doesn't have to cover him the way he does with Bosh.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Maybe if this was the Bynum of 3 years ago, but I'll still take my chances with a Hibbert and West frontcourt over Bynum and Bosh. It takes another shooter off the floor for Miami, as they can't go small and play Battier or Rashard Lewis at the 4 and further clogs up the paint for LeBron and Wade. If Bynum leaves the paint, Hibbert doesn't have to cover him the way he does with Bosh.
    I don't think the Pacers are "toast" if Miami signs Bynum, but there is cause for concern. Miami isn't Cleveland. They have leadership in place that could hone Bynum's focus a little bit better.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Any chance the Bulls sign Lance?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Any chance the Bulls sign Lance?
    Sure, there's a chance if they really do amnesty Boozer (I'll believe Reinsdorf'll pay him not to play when I see it). Don't see much of a fit with Rose though.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sure, there's a chance if they really do amnesty Boozer (I'll believe Reinsdorf'll pay him not to play when I see it). Don't see much of a fit with Rose though.
    I think they need another ball handler on the wing to take pressure off of Rose so I think Lance or Evan Turner makes sense from a offensive and defensive point of view.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

"Philly got Bynum" We are in trouble guys.
    "Cavs sign Bynum on a good deal" We better watch out.
    "Heat will sign Bynum" We are in bigger trouble than last year.

I am not scerrrd. Unless Bynum's spare tire is filled with helium instead of scotch and steak, that is.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Wow, that is a lot of picks, Bulls bamboozled the Cavs.
    Cavs rarely make the right selection anyway. LeBron was a no brainer, Kyrie was close to a no brainer, without the first pick, the Cavs can't draft at all - even then they screw it up sometimes(Bennett).

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Normally I hate salary dump moves because I am one of those who do not believe that tanking is the best way to go. However I will say as far as dumps go Chicago did get back quit a bit and will be able to trim a lot of salary now. I'm not sure if this move helps the Cavs or not. They are at the point where they need solid veteran leadership and Deng will be that and he is a very good player.

On the really bright side at least we won't have to put up with loudmouthed stupid obnoxious Chicago fans rooting on their team to a victory. Oh they will still be there but there will be nothing to talk about now.
    Your not sure if this helps the Cavs?? Jeez Deng has to be one of the most underrated players in the league. If he is healthy this trade is a steal.

The Kings pick is heavily protected good move for the Cavs. The only question is if Thibs ove usage of Deng will catch up to him.

The Bulls really sold low. Looks like the owner trying to stay out of the tax which he hates to pay. They save a lot of money, and now can play Snell and Butler all game. I have a feeling it will be a Paul George Mike Dunleavy type situation. I have a feeling Thibs will choose Dunleavy over Snell. Watch Dunleavy play 36mpg the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    "Philly got Bynum" We are in trouble guys.
    "Cavs sign Bynum on a good deal" We better watch out.
    "Heat will sign Bynum" We are in bigger trouble than last year.

I am not scerrrd. Unless Bynum's spare tire is filled with helium instead of scotch and steak, that is.

They just want Bynum for 6 fouls. Their thinking of using him vs. Roy is not for offense, but more so Lebron and Wade don't foul out or pick up 3 fouls in the 1st half of a playoff game. That's why I think Indy getting Gasol off the bench would be a good idea. He's an expiring, he'd be a rental, and he's a better backup than Ian. I think he'd play back up to Roy for half, a season just to win a ring. Maybe a three team deal where we get Gasol and some other team sends picks or young talent to LA. All we'd have to give up in a three team deal would be Ian, and maybe Solomon or Orlando.
    Last edited by Grimp; 01-07-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, he's just been in the league for a long time. Came into the league at 19. Just like how Jermaine O'Neal looked old at 28.
    The time in the league isnt the issue. The issue is how the Bulls over used him and how he played through injuries he shouldnt have. He is pretty much the anti Derrick Rose the guy plays no matter what and plays 40mpg. He is always near the top in mpg played.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Cavs rarely make the right selection anyway. LeBron was a no brainer, Kyrie was close to a no brainer, without the first pick, the Cavs can't draft at all - even then they screw it up sometimes(Bennett).
    This and they already have a stockpile of young talent: Irving, Waiters, Bennett, and Thompson. At a certain point, you could use a winning veteran and not just another young player with potential, kind of like when we sacrificed Kawhi Leonard for George Hill. Deng should take a lot of pressure off Irving, and may show him the team is serious about competing. He's played in a lot of big games and seems like a good lockerroom guy to help some of those guys mature.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    The time in the league isnt the issue. The issue is how the Bulls over used him and how he played through injuries he shouldnt have. He is pretty much the anti Derrick Rose the guy plays no matter what and plays 40mpg. He is always near the top in mpg played.
    Forget the minutes, that's bad enough, the Bulls doctors almost ruined his career.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/8...l-deng-doctors

That was Rose's rookie year, if people don't think that had something to do with Rose not wanting to come back from the ACL (remember how their front office wasn't exactly supportive of that?) you're kidding yourselves. I don't know why the Bulls and Reinsdorf seem to get such a pass from the media while they always (rightly) kill the NY teams. Maybe it's a hangover from the 3peats so people still think the Bulls are flawless but they aren't a very well run organization in my opinion.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Forget the minutes, that's bad enough, the Bulls doctors almost ruined his career.

That was Rose's rookie year, if people don't think that had something to do with Rose not wanting to come back from the ACL (remember how their front office wasn't exactly supportive of that?) you're kidding yourselves. I don't know why the Bulls and Reinsdorf seem to get such a pass from the media while they always (rightly) kill the NY teams. Maybe it's a hangover from the 3peats so people still think the Bulls are flawless but they aren't a very well run organization in my opinion.
    That put Rose's injury and him not wanting to play in a whole different light. I cannot blame Rose for wanting to sit out longer and not trust the Bulls doctors.

If Deng can continue to play at his level even with the Bulls wear and tear on him then it will be a great move. I understand from Xs and Os how signing Bynum could make sense for the Heat, but when it comes to team unity and the lockerroom he just is not worth the amount of work they would have to put in. They already have Beasley to take care. I would hope they would give him a shot and see him be a huge pain in the *** that he is.

The Bulls studied the history of the Portland Trail Blazers and were like, "Yes, that is exactly what we are going for!"