Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bulls trade Deng to Cavs

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bulls trade Deng to Cavs

I wouldn't be worried if Bynum joins the Heat, I'd actually encourage it. If he is causing that much trouble on a rebuilding team, imagine the damage he could do do a contending one. I don't care if Riley is there or not, if they pick him up it's a desperate move by them.

Depth > 1 Good player khaos01207's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Really not scared of Bynum going to the Heat. He is a whining teamwrecker, who has seen his best days of basketball pass him behind.

Don't like his game
    Don't like his attitude
    Don't like his sense of entitlement
    Don't like his hair

Go ahead Miami, get desperate and sign Bynum, you will still be lucky to take us to 7.
    3000th Post :
    1-11-14 10:54 PM

The article I read said the Cavs gave up "picks", which much mean more then 1. I guess they want to make the playoffs this year but with the cap space they have next summer they could have just signed Deng without giving up anything.
    I hate that Miami gets a chance to sign Bynum. Maybe we should make a run for him with out final spot just to keep that from happening and add some depth.
    He'd have just as good of a shot at a ring here. I'd guess if he really wants to play that he'd rather get the chance to showcase what he can do in Miami though. Maybe the Clippers will make a push for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The article I read said the Cavs gave up "picks", which much mean more then 1. I guess they want to make the playoffs this year but with the cap space they have next summer they could have just signed Deng without giving up anything.
    I hate that Miami gets a chance to sign Bynum. Maybe we should make a run for him with out final spot just to keep that from happening and add some depth.
    He'd have just as good of a shot at a ring here. I'd guess if he really wants to play that he'd rather get the chance to showcase what he can do in Miami though. Maybe the Clippers will make a push for him.
    No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

I want NOTHING to do with Bynum. The man is a locker room cancer. I wouldn't take him if we needed him, much less to simply keep him from Miami.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    The best pick the Bulls are probably going to wind up with is one they might switch with Cleveland next season. They got the right to swap, 2 2nds via Portland and a heavily protected Kings pick. They didn't get the haul it sounds like.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Both Bynum and Oden look scary enough.....neither of them have to play 30 mpg....just 15 mpg at most while throwing 6 fouls a piece against Roy.
    i am doubting oden is going to be able give even 15 minutes before he breaks down again.
    i think he is more fragile than bender.

The more I look at this trade, the picks look like a smoke screen for a salary dump for Chicago. When you hear "for Bynum and three picks" it sounds like a bundle but there's a good possibility none of these picks are even first rounders.

So the Cavs could have probably extracted Gasol for around the same price, I wonder why they chose Deng. Irving, Waiters and Deng is a nice 1-2-3 but they're gonna have to pay Deng like $10 mil a year to keep him, and he plays the same position as Dan Gilbert's agony and ecstasy LeBron James.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

I'm not worried that Bynum will join the Heat, but it does add an interesting wrinkle to things. You're basically adding 285 lb to further clog the paint for LeBron and Wade.

I could see the Lakers and Clippers also being interested.

If Bynum goes to the Heat, something would be dodgy
    David "And One" West

"I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

I want NOTHING to do with Bynum. The man is a locker room cancer. I wouldn't take him if we needed him, much less to simply keep him from Miami.
    Ft. Wayne needs someone since we took back Solo, right?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Banned

Best move the Cavs have done since they drafted Kyrie.

Banned

And lol at the Lakers for trying to be greedy now they are stuck with Gasol saving 20mil would have been good.

Undefeated

Looking into this deal it doesn't look to bad for either team. Cavs get rid of a locker room cancer and get a good player just hitting the prime of his career, essentially all for a first round pick (I know there are some second round picks thrown in, but who cares?) and the Bulls, well, the Bulls are F'd if Rose doesn't come back at an MVP level unless something really awful happens in free agency.
    Danger Zone

Banned

And it looks like Luol Deng is old but the guy is only 28.

Could the Bulls be looking at Lance next year?
    But an hour or so later, Hibbert wrote on his Twitter account: "Love this coach [and] I love this team. We can go far this year if we play like that. 2night we played our hearts out. Just didn't get the win."

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    The more I look at this trade, the picks look like a smoke screen for a salary dump for Chicago. When you hear "for Bynum and three picks" it sounds like a bundle but there's a good possibility none of these picks are even first rounders.

So the Cavs could have probably extracted Gasol for around the same price, I wonder why they chose Deng. Irving, Waiters and Deng is a nice 1-2-3 but they're gonna have to pay Deng like $10 mil a year to keep him, and he plays the same position as Dan Gilbert's agony and ecstasy LeBron James.
    Because the Lakers wanted Waiters

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    And it looks like Luol Deng is old but the guy is only 28.
    Yeah, he's just been in the league for a long time. Came into the league at 19. Just like how Jermaine O'Neal looked old at 28.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Deng was heading up a food drive with the Bulls

yeesh

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I am more worried about Boozer being amnestied and the Heat picking him up. I hope the Hawks go after him, or the Spurs since Splitter is out.

And the Cavs are not a serious team as long as Kyrie is there. He is fools gold. Injury prone, possible locker room diva, and a bad defender.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

"I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar

From CavFanatic Forums:

"Deng is a nice player but I guarantee he won't resign, If we somehow slip into the playoffs, we're not beating anybody in a 7 game series(anyone that thinks we can beat the heat or pacers in 7 is a blind homer)"

Reply:

"Well we do play the pacers tough and that was without Deng. We can give the PAcers a run for their money. We don't have a shot against the heat though"

I'd be embarrassed if Cleveland gave us a run for our money in the playoffs. I think they could possibly look like we did against the bulls two years ago, but that's about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I am more worried about Boozer being amnestied and the Heat picking him up. I hope the Hawks go after him, or the Spurs since Splitter is out.

And the Cavs are not a serious team as long as Kyrie is there. He is fools gold. Injury prone, possible locker room diva, and a bad defender.
    Lebron and Boozer don't get along he won't be going there, plus teams have to be under the cap to get him, maybe Phoenix gets him to flip him the same way the did with Scola?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Lebron and Boozer don't get along he won't be going there, plus teams have to be under the cap to get him, maybe Phoenix gets him to flip him the same way the did with Scola?
    Plus you can only amnesty in the amnesty period, which is not midseason.

Boozer can't be amnestied this season. It's almost a lock it happens this summer if he's still with the Bulls, but he can't be amnestied during the season.
    David Aldridge:

"Oh, and conspiracy theorists? The NBA's Final Four are Miami (#16 TV market), Indiana (#26), San Antonio (#36), Memphis (#49). #tinfoil"

UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    Plus you can only amnesty in the amnesty period, which is not midseason.
    True, now that I think about it what is the point? he is going to be an expiring at that point, I guess they want the space for Melo lol

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Didn't know that about Lebron and Boozer. Good to know that he can't be amnestied until the summer. It looks like the division is ours to lose for a couple of years. Unless the Pistons pick it up....