Thread: Pacers, Sixers a. Lakers trade

Exclamation Pacers, Sixers a. Lakers trade

Granger, Solomon Hill, 2014 2nd rounder, one of Philly's 2014 1st round picks, and Mahinmi to Lakers.

Nick Young and Gasol to Indy

Xavier Henry, Farmar, and Steve Nash to Philly.

Gasol would be a rental wouldn't hurt our cap. We'd have enough to resign Lance and then some change left over. Nick's contract isn't that bad either.

Default Re: Pacers, Sixers a. Lakers trade

Why the hell would LA do this?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unloading Gasol's contract for one. And getting assets back, an expiring contract, young players, and picks. Danny, Solomon, Philly's 2014 1st, Ian, and our 2014 2nd rounder...sounds a lot better than a broken down Andrew Bynum who they're just gonna waive anyways.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why would WE do this when we pushing for a title and send out two key reserves for a chucker and a big baby that would sulk when he arrives because Indianapolis has no culture?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Why would WE do this when we pushing for a title and send out two key reserves for a chucker and a big baby that would sulk when he arrives because Indianapolis has no culture?

Hibbert and Gasol combo vs. Miami = money. Also no one said we had to keep either after the season ends. But for a Finals run? Larry is looking for expiring contracts only right? Why not Gasol off the bench in place of Ian? And Nick Young in place of Granger?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please Grimp, understand that THIS TEAM IS FINE. 27-6 and yet you are constantly trying to trade trade trade.

If you guys think Danny Granger is a chucker you would spurn Nick Young completely, and honestly, I don't really like Gasol... He isn't mentally strong enough to face some of the obstacles that we are bound to encounter on our road to the title.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

8. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

LA gets a pick, they get to tank and they slightly increase their cap space for this summer. It's nothing spectacular but makes some sense.

But why would Philly do it? They add a bad contract and lose a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    LA gets a pick, they get to tank and they slightly increase their cap space for this summer. It's nothing spectacular but makes some sense.

But why would Philly do it? They add a bad contract and lose a pick.

Henry and Farmar give Philly more firepower. Nash might be the vet they need if he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Henry and Farmar give Philly more firepower. Nash might be the vet they need if he can stay healthy.
    If you were a GM, would you risk your job on the dream that Nash might suddenly stay healthy at 40 years old? And in general, what would be your plan for Philly? Try to make the playoffs and win a championship this year? Would Henry, Farmar and Nash solve their issues and make them a good team?

This deal doesn't fit any reasonable plan for Philly. You don't trade a pick for a broken Nash on a bad contract and two scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    If you were a GM, would you risk your job on the dream that Nash might suddenly stay healthy at 40 years old? And in general, what would be your plan for Philly? Try to make the playoffs and win a championship this year? Would Henry, Farmar and Nash solve their issues and make them a good team?

This deal doesn't fit any reasonable plan for Philly. You don't trade a pick for a broken Nash on a bad contract and two scrubs.

Philly has four picks though. And I believe Nash expires this Summer or next Summer. So a 2nd rounder for him wouldn't be too high risk.

Grimp, you realize we don't need to make any trades right?

Grimp, you realize we don't need to make any trades right?
    I think we need all the arsenal we can get to ensure defeating Miami. If that means adding a Gasol and Nick Young sure, Gasol's a larger expiring than Danny. And Nick has 1 year left after this season I think. Not a bad deal at all. Gasol coming off the books, plus Butler would be enough to sign Lance back.

I think we need all the arsenal we can get to ensure defeating Miami. If that means adding a Gasol and Nick Young sure, Gasol's a larger expiring than Danny. And Nick has 1 year left after this season I think. Not a bad deal at all. Gasol coming off the books, plus Butler would be enough to sign Lance back.
    Granger > Nick Young, and Gasol is a huge baby, I have no interest in him. We already have enough offense off our bench to beat Miami

Philly has four picks though. And I believe Nash expires this Summer or next Summer. So a 2nd rounder for him wouldn't be too high risk.
    In that case you mistyped your trade, Philly gives up a 1st round pick in your trade.

Anyway, if I was making decisions for Philly, I wouldn't even give up a 2nd rounder for Nash. And I wouldn't even take a 2nd rounder and Nash's contract for free, and I'm sure Philly wouldn't either. Cap space and money is important in the NBA. You can use cap space to sign someone good, healthy, who fits the plan.

Nash hasn't been healthy for 2 years now, he's 40, he's talking about retirement, getting him healthy is a pipe dream. And even if somehow a miracle happens and he does get healthy, then what? They have MCW starting at point guard and they are rebuilding. What's the point.

In reality, if this happened, Nash probably wouldn't even move to Washington and just retire and stay near his family.