Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Postgame thread Cleveland/Indy

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Postgame thread Cleveland/Indy

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be interested to know more on what that Hill/Lance tiff was about in the first half.
    I think Quin said Hill chastised Lance about a turnover and Lance took exception. nbd

Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 9m

"... it allows those guys to try to get their stats up so they attack and they’re more aggressive." Gotta love his honesty. #tellsitlikeitis
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 10m

Oh, how did I miss this part of Hibbert's quote? "They have nothing to lose and since the top two point guards are out...
    Expand

Retweeted
    Favorite

Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 20m

Roy Hibbert called the #Cavs a "scary team" because with Irving and Jack out, they had nothing to lose
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I am worried about Tuesday. Toronto is playing really well. Hopefully our guys will want a little payback.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    I am worried about Tuesday. Toronto is playing really well. Hopefully our guys will want a little payback.
    Yeah, they hung with Miami tonight. That's a probably second-round matchup, so it would be great if they could really play Miami well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

It's a long season guys......A lot of wind and losses won't be Gorgeous.
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WInslow22 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'd be interested to know more on what that Hill/Lance tiff was about in the first half.
    Yeah, I'm very interested to learn about it as well.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Momentum matters. Once Roy fouled (whoever it was) the momentum shifted big to Cleveland but the Pacers won anyway
    It was Dellavedova.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to obnoxiousmodesty For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Delladova must be obnoxious.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't like that Paul is letting a guy like Dellavedova get to him. Paul and Lance were those annoying young guys once. Need to remember.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

I was only able to watch the last 18 minutes tonight. What was this?

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post

While this is a funny clip, Jarrett Jack sure is one self righteous M-F'er. As though he has never made a mistake at the end of a game, I'm sure if Clark would like we can get him plenty of tape.

This brings me back to the fight on the bench with T.J. Ford that I watched live and reported as it happened. I have a feeling that Mr. Jack moves from team to team because he probably does not develop a lot of close relationships with team mates with this type of attitude. Again just my opinion I know nothing that you guys don't.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Is scola playing below 20 minutes every game?

Blowouts are nice but I like a game like tonight every once in a while to see how the Pacers operate in close games. Paul's shaky ball handling is something that might hurt us when we get into crunch time in the playoffs. I like Lance going right at the rim and Hibbert getting the rebound.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by edc View Post
    Is scola playing below 20 minutes every game?
    Yep and I still don't understand why, 13 minutes for Scola today while West was sucking is ridiculous(West played 36min for some reason).

Just got home from this game...gotta say, it wasn't very enjoyable to watch
    George Hill looked completely irrelevant for just about all game...to be honest I felt that Delladova played better than him. He honestly seems to have DJ Augustin syndrome where he just brings the ball up the court and passes it off, only to stand in one place and shoot a 3 if it gets passed back to him. I was a little surprised at this, particularly because I'm a big George Hill fan.
    Lance...was ok. He had a few good plays, and a few bad plays, but it seemed to be a game that was below average for him.
    I felt the same way about Paul George, although he does seem to hit big shots when we need them the most.
    West was really bad. He seemed completely disengaged and forced up a lot of bad shots.
    Hibbert...didn't feel like he made much of an impact all game. I thought Andy outplayed him and particularly on the boards, Cavs were way more on it than the Pacers were.
    Ian got outplayed by Tyler Zeller SO hard.
    I'm really glad we had Danny Granger though because he played a very solid game. His veteran presence was definitely needed tonight.
    Scola played a realllly solid first half, and truly channeled his inner Kobe Jones the second half and just...was not effective.

The Pacers really fell asleep late in the 4th Q allowing Cavs to come back - Andy had two really easy and basic backdoor cuts to dunk in a row after Waiters just went off on the Pacers.

I don't mean to be debbie downer, I'm happy we got the win, but if we continue to play like this, we are in trouble. I really wasn't impressed tonight and I think we won purely because we are the more talented team. A starting lineup of Delladova, Miles, Clark, Tristan, and Andy with even less talent off the bench should not be able to stay competitive with our lineup.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by WInslow22 View Post
    It's a long season guys......A lot of wins and losses won't be Gorgeous.
    I do, however, expect them all to be Georgeous.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Love this team and I know they've only had one effort loss (@TOR) all year, so I know at least they're always going to bring it on defense (and if @CHI, @POR, @OKC games happen where the other team can't miss, they happen, nothing you can do about it). And that's huge. Being able to lean on your defense is huge, especially in the playoffs.

But I am mildly concerned about a bad old habit at least peaking up out of a foxhole over the last few games: this team is making offensive execution MUCH more difficult than it needs to be. And the talent level on this team is just too good for that. I would have understood it 2 years ago, hell, even last year. But guys like Paul George, Lance Stephenson (not to mention bench upgrades) are too evolved for this to ever surface again with any consistency.

Move the ball. Don't pass up good shots, and don't settle for late/bad shots (way too many bad threes in recent games). Attack the basket with PG24 and Lance. SPACE THE FLOOR.

I know this team can do it. So...do it!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

J. Jack is an *******. Thinks he is the best player on every team, why do you think Golden State didn't really lose any sleep that he walked? Dude thought he should be starting with Curry and Thompson this year.

There is A LOT of ball sticking right now from pretty much everyone on the roster. Danny and Scola are probably moving the ball the best and that should not be the case. It is sticking with West and Roy in the post and it is sticking with particularly Paul and Lance on the perimeter. Not acceptable. This team has too many pieces to not eat people alive with ballhandling, but not surprising that some bad trends are starting to poke through. We're nearly at the halfway point (if you can believe it) no doubt Vogel will get it straightened up.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    J. Jack is an *******. Thinks he is the best player on every team, why do you think Golden State didn't really lose any sleep that he walked? Dude thought he should be starting with Curry and Thompson this year.
    Jack is fine. He left because CLE gave him big $.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I was only able to watch the last 18 minutes tonight. What was this?
    Lance had the ball poked away from him and dove to the floor to grab it back in a scrum and called timeout to keep the possession. The next thing you know Denari and Quinn are talking about Lance and Hill in a shouting match. Then, Vogel suddenly puts them both on the bench and replaces them with Granger and Watson (Lance and Hill normally would have finished the half--this was around the five minute mark).

I reviewed the play and couldn't figure it out. Lance drove to the bucket just before, threw a nice pass to Hill in the corner who eventually shot a three which missed. Lance got the rebound and dribbled a couple of times when it got poked.

I have no idea, but if I had to guess, Hill got on Lance for dribbling a couple of times, and Lance told him he just offensive rebounded Hill's miss, so lay off.

But who knows? I imagine there is potential for difficulty seeing that running the offense is generally switching these days from Hill to Lance.

One could easily just point the finger at Lance in this incident. But I don't see Vogel benching Hill as well unless part of it was on him.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

I only caught the end of the 4th. but I like what I see from the shot distribution in the box score. I'd assume more touches in the paint and it's good to see a little more pt for Danny who has earned it.
    Who was it that suggested Vogel tell Paul that he could only take as many 3's as he had free throw attempts?
    I know it seems to have not worked out as well for us tonight but I think this team is better when we move the ball into the paint first and get more players involved in the offense, we're too talanted to have one player take 24 shots.

I agree on the Lance/GHill 'problem'. I think GH said something to Lance and Lance took it badly. Vogel did what he should have done, nipped that nonsense in the bud. Players may get emotional, but there is no reason to let them lose their concentration by pouting at each other. Seemed to work, they seemed fine when they came back in together. The thing that bothers me most is the way the team seems to go into iso/hero mode any time they are challenged by another team. When the Pacers move the ball from side to side and inside out, they are almost impossible to beat. When they yo-yo the ball on the perimeter then throw up last second hasty shots, they become very average.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post: