Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Postgame thread Cleveland/Indy

Default Re: Postgame thread Cleveland/Indy

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who was it that suggested Vogel tell Paul that he could only take as many 3's as he had free throw attempts?
    Well, yeah, because that person is obviously more qualified to be an NBA coach than Vogel is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Hill took too long to make a move a Lance ended up saving his a**
    These two are so polar opposites in court attitude. And only Lance has minimized his weakness. He needs more of it, but he is more in control than Hill is less apprehensive.

We are seeing Vogel change rotations to the needs on the court with Lance/PG/Danny. I kind of wish he would do that with Ian/West/Scola. When Tyler Zeller is on the court Scola could guard him and West Bennett.

I think the next two weeks are going to be crucial in the chemistry department. We are so close in making a breakthrough in conistency department. Offensively we are seeing horrible spacing from the starters whenever the opponent traps the pick and roll. Which is what Miami does. Credit goes to Mike Brown and his scouting department. We have to hit the high post when the blitz the pick and roll. And we aren't doing it. Correction...except for Roy and Granger we aren't doing it. And Roy did it twice that I saw.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Look guys, I got a George Hill bobblehead from the Cavs game last night!

5. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I think its funny that alot of you act like the other team doesn't have players as well. When the opponent is missing 3 of their top guys. That means the scrubs get a real opportunity and they get hyped ala Lance. Its never easy to blow teams out when they have extra motivation.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I was only able to watch the last 18 minutes tonight. What was this?
    To me it seemed like Hill had enough of Lance's abuse of the spin button and crossover stick. It probably spilled over when Lance nearly lost the ball and had Frank burn a timeout because of it.

It was interesting to me because I'd never seen Hill initiate a confrontation before. It just goes against his personality, it seems, so it's surprising that it was enough to get him to confront Lance. I think you also have to look at how Hill was brought up in the league under Pop in San Antonio. I can imagine Pop pulling Lance for that careless play, whereas Frank might give him a little more leeway (with Bird's blessing?). Benching both just shows to me that Frank's read some parenting/disciplining books. He did the right thing to appear consistent and not play favorites.

I don't want to read too much into it, though. It's a long season and these guys spend so much time together that arguments are bound to happen. For example, that LeBron and Chalmers confrontation was much worse. They also connected on a few plays later in the game so it seemed like it passed over.

I'd be more interested to know what West said to Frank when he uncharacteristically went over to speak to him during a Cavs free throw since it immediately followed a number of bad plays by Lance. He seemed exasperated as well, but perhaps more wisely went over to voice his concerns to Frank instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    I don't mean to be debbie downer, I'm happy we got the win, but if we continue to play like this, we are in trouble. I really wasn't impressed tonight and I think we won purely because we are the more talented team. A starting lineup of Delladova, Miles, Clark, Tristan, and Andy with even less talent off the bench should not be able to stay competitive with our lineup.
    I've been worried about the team's level of play for about 6-7 games now. Even during that win streak of 5 games or so, something has just not looked "right". Got no idea what it might be.

Worst 27 - 6 team of all time.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Worst 27 - 6 team of all time.
    There's nothing wrong with viewing a sport through the critical eye, what standard would we be setting for ourselves if we settled for this team winning 81% of their games? Talk about lowering the bar.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    There's nothing wrong with viewing a sport through the critical eye, what standard would we be setting for ourselves if we settled for this team winning 81% of their games? Talk about lowering the bar.
    I'd have to say there's a difference between "a critical eye" and using words like "embarrassing" and "terrible".
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I'd have to say there's a difference between "a critical eye" and using words like "embarrassing" and "terrible".
    Well, if they can only muster 27 wins in 33 games, I see absolutely nothing wrong with considering their effort thus far "embarassing", and "terrible" is a great adjective for a team that is on pace to lose between 14 and 16 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I've been worried about the team's level of play for about 6-7 games now. Even during that win streak of 5 games or so, something has just not looked "right". Got no idea what it might be.
    I think they are working out 'kinks' in the offense. Or experiments if you like that better. Seeing how much of the offense can be run thru Paul or Lance, getting Luis integrated both offensively and defensively, getting Danny back, fine tuning the defense. Lots of little adjustments that are typical of a young team.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Well, yeah, because that person is obviously more qualified to be an NBA coach than Vogel is.
    I brought it up because that's exactly what Paul did. He took 6 three point attempts and had 6 free throws.
    That and I think it's a great idea, Paul jacked up way too many 3's in the prior game, he needs to drive more.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I think its funny that alot of you act like the other team doesn't have players as well. When the opponent is missing 3 of their top guys. That means the scrubs get a real opportunity and they get hyped ala Lance. Its never easy to blow teams out when they have extra motivation.
    I appreciate this post...but at the same time, how do you feel if their scrubs outperform your players? Delladova and Tristan Thompson make a fraction of what Hill and West make (two of my favorite players) and I thought the former unequivocally outplayed the latter.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    I appreciate this post...but at the same time, how do you feel if their scrubs outperform your players? Delladova and Tristan Thompson make a fraction of what Hill and West make (two of my favorite players) and I thought the former unequivocally outplayed the latter.
    It's not like it's uncommon for that to happen. Those guys just make out most of the opportunities given to them, so there's the motivation. And also, Thompson is a top lottery pick and was a top prospect before so it's not like he's a scrub.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    It's not like it's uncommon for that to happen. Those guys just make out most of the opportunities given to them, so there's the motivation. And also, Thompson is a top lottery pick and was a top prospect before so it's not like he's a scrub.
    Its true - perhaps scrubs isn't an appropriate word, and perhaps I'm a homer, but I feel like West and Hill should be far superior to Thompson and Delladova both individually and in their respective team units. They both just seemed so disengaged in the game that it was surprising to me.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!