Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs: Colts vs Patriots thread

Default Re: Playoffs: Colts vs Patriots thread

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe Nantz said during the Chargers/Bengals game that the Colts/Patriots game would be announced by Gumbel/Dierdorf.
    Beat me to it. I heard the same thing. You guys realize if we win and the Chargers win then we would be hosting the AFC Championship game? That's not too hard to fathom. Chargers already beat the Broncos in Denver on week 15. If we win Sat. I will be rooting hard for San Diego vs Manning. As cool as it would be to see a Manning vs Luck AFC title game, I would rather host the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    He might not get the chance. Brown is better than him and already ahead of him on the depth chart and one has to assume Ballard will be too when he returns.
    Brown's contract is also up and we would obviously carry more than two RBs.

Besides Brown every single offensive player to touch the ball yesterday for the Colts is in his first or second year. Luck, Fleener, Whalen, Hilton, Brazill, and Richardson are 2nd year players and Rogers is a rookie. Even crazier is that two second year players who would have started are on IR. Future = bright.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Besides Brown every single offensive player to touch the ball yesterday for the Colts is in his first or second year. Luck, Fleener, Whalen, Hilton, Brazill, and Richardson are 2nd year players and Rogers is a rookie. Even crazier is that two second year players who would have started are on IR. Future = bright.
    Especially in the receiving game. Fleener and Allen are in their 2nd years at tight end, along with Hilton, Brazill, and Whalen at the receiver position, and Da'Rick Rogers, a guy that I think is our future #1, is a rookie. A bright, bright future ahead for them

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    He might not get the chance. Brown is better than him and already ahead of him on the depth chart and one has to assume Ballard will be too when he returns.
    He will certainly get a chance. Ballard will be back, and he is a good back, but he isn't a Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, or Adrian Peterson. So we need 2 backs, so Richardson and Ballard will dual it out for the starting job, with carries between the two likely going 60-40. Brown is a free agent after this season and I don't see us paying the price he has set for himself

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    Edit: I'm watching the Packers game and I would like to trade T-Rich for Eddie Lacy. Anybody second this motion?
    I think most Colt fans would agree to that trade but the Packers run a zone blocking scheme just like Lacy played in at Alabama. Much easier for him to adjust as a rookie and perform.

The Colts (Browns too) run a power scheme so there is a chance Lacy could struggle in the same circumstances as TR. Having said that TR has had two years to adjust, grow and become a productive runner. The fact that TR has actually regressed isn't a good sign.
    Last edited by Downtown Bang!; 01-06-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I hope that the Colts are watching plenty of tape of the two Giants Super Bowls, the two Ravens playoff victories in Foxboro, and the time the Jets cleaned their clock up there three years ago. All of those teams hit Brady early and flustered him big time. We gotta get some Mathis shots on him like we did against Manning in October.
    Too bad we basically don't have any kind of pass rush other than Mathis. I would be more optimistic about the game if we had someone good enough right now to offer that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Does anyone know who we're getting as an announcing team? If we're getting Jim/Phil I don't like our odds I don't think we've ever won a game with them calling it(I could be wrong here)
    Don't know if you're talking about non SB games but it was that commentary team during our only SB win back in 2006/2007.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Brown is a free agent after this season and I don't see us paying the price he has set for himself
    The market & the Colts ability to pay (they do have cap space next year) will certainly dictate the decision but with TR struggling and Ballard & Wayne coming off injury the Colts need to look real hard at keeping Brown. He has proven to be both productive and explosive in this system. Improve at Center & RG next year and he could be a serious threat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Brown is a free agent after this season and I don't see us paying the price he has set for himself
    Haven't heard about this. What number has he said he wants ??

Given the Patriots injury & talent issues in the passing game if our CB's get healthier I think the Colts can press the receivers and ultimately get pressure on Brady. The Colts do need to contain the Patriots run game and keep their defense honest with our own. If they can do that Luck will have a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter.

The best part of not having to go to work today is getting to watch Skip Bayless make excuses about how the Colts won, talk about how overrated Andrew Luck is, and how they have no business playing the Patriots in the divisional round. Oh yeah, I'm sure he'll say that Luck still isn't better than Tebow because they still have the same number of playoff wins.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Does anyone know who we're getting as an announcing team? If we're getting Jim/Phil I don't like our odds I don't think we've ever won a game with them calling it(I could be wrong here)

They've called every AFC Championship game for a long long time, so we've won two AFC Championship games with them calling.

Surely we won some regular season CBS games during the Manning era with them calling. They always do the 4:25 games.

I just remember Jim and Phil called the Colts/Pats last season and we know how that turned out.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Colts 24
    Pats 23
    "We want Miami"

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    They've called every AFC Championship game for a long long time, so we've won two AFC Championship games with them calling.

Surely we won some regular season CBS games during the Manning era with them calling. They always do the 4:25 games.

I know but I was really referring to Andrew Luck here not just the Colts history Jim/Phil tends to = a Colts loss.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 01-06-2014 at 11:57 AM.

I know but I was really referring to Andrew Luck here not just the Colts history Jim/Phil tends to = a Colts loss.
    We lost all three games they did last year: @ Jets, @ NE, playoffs @ Balt

We won the one game they did this year: @SF

They called the SF game? I forgot all about that I could've sworn it was Gumble/Dierdorf.

Regardless I'm waiting till the end of the week for what I think the final score will be.

They called the SF game? I forgot all about that I could've sworn it was Gumble/Dierdorf.

Regardless I'm waiting till the end of the week for what I think the final score will be.
    Yeah it was Nantz and Simms. That was CBS's big national game of the week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_In...s_Colts_season

I have a good feeling about this game. The Pats will focus on two things, take away Robert Mathis, and take away T.Y. Hilton. I'm not convinced you can completely take away Mathis but they will try. Thats means Werner/Walden need to get good pressure, they don't necessarily even need to get sacks, just put pressure on him. Cory Redding, Aubrayo Franklin/Josh Chapman, and Ricky Jean-Francois need to do a good job of keeping the offensive line busy so our backers, mainly Jerrell Freeman and Josh McNary as those two spend the most time in pass rushes, can get to the quarterback. I also like the blitzes where we send either Bethea or Landry down.

On offense, they are going to try to take away Hilton. That means Da'Rick Rogers, Griff Whalen, Coby Fleener, and LaVon Brazill will be in 1 on 1 coverage of sometimes a soft zone. A big reason we started playing better was we added Whalen and Rogers from the PS to the active roster, and both of them came in and opened things up for Hilton, as well as Brazill finding his groove. I think they are all capable of beating 1 on 1 coverage, I specifically believe Rogers will have another Cincinnati-esque game, and get around 100 yards and a TD. I think we can and will win this, GO COLTS!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ucks-comeback/

Tom Brady didn’t see a snap of Andrew Luck’s comeback

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 6, 2014, 10:23 AM EST
    New England Patriots quarterback Brady shakes hands with Indianapolis Colts quarterback Luck at the conclusion of the fourth quarter of their NFL football game in Foxborough
    Reuters
    While most of the rest of us couldn’t take our eyes off Andrew Luck’s amazing comeback against the Chiefs Saturday, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady didn’t really notice.

Brady said his focus was on the other side of the ball, refusing to get drawn into a battle-of-the-generations quarterback storyline.

“Truthfully, I’m not worried about the opposing quarterback,” Brady told Boston sports radio station WEEI, via Field Yates of ESPNBoston.com. “I’m thinking about the defense and what I need to do to play against them.

“I didn’t watch one snap of Indy’s offense, nor will I this week. I’ll be focused on the defense and what we need to do score points, because that’s what my job is.”

While that priority is reasonable, the challenge of staying upright will be paramount for Brady, with Robert Mathis on the other side. Mathis had 19.5 sacks in the regular season, and has sacked Brady five times in seven games.

“And like I said, it all starts with Robert Mathis and being the defensive player of the year, basically, 19.5 sacks, he kind of wreaks a lot of havoc,” Brady said. “We’ve got to be able to figure out how to slow him down and then we’ve got to be really balanced on offense like we’ve been. We’ve got to run it, and when we throw, we’ve got to throw it good.”

Especially if they have the lead in the fourth quarter, since the guy Brady didn’t watch throws it good then too.

So which scenario do you prefer if the Colts win? A Luck vs Manning rematch in Denver or hosting the AFC title game?

Playing Denver we can beat them. The Chargers are another story and that's not factoring in that Pagano's brother is the DC there.

In the off chance we lose at least I can accept losing to Manning.

Rivers OTOH has always owned us.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    So which scenario do you prefer if the Colts win? A Luck vs Manning rematch in Denver or hosting the AFC title game?
    Definitely take hosting the AFC game. Put the money in our city. I could care less about beating Peyton Manning.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think Fleener and Rogers will have big days because their gonna try to shut down TY. We need to get Donald going for sure and maybe give Trent some short passes in open spaces. Hopefully the defense can get a decent amount of pressure on Brady all game, they did good vs KC.

Colts 27
    Pats 24

Adam kicks the game winner.

It doesn't sound like many people are giving the Colts a chance against the Patriots. Exactly what we want.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: