Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs: Colts vs Patriots thread

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Playoffs: Colts vs Patriots thread

Colts win 31-27, behind great play from Luck, and Da'Rick Rogers steps up big time

Default Re: Playoffs: Colts vs Patriots thread

Patriots 34
    Colts 20

We took a step forward this season but we aren't there yet. I hate NE and would love to beat their *** but they are still too strong.

I'm not going to make a prediction but I know it's going to really test Chuck and his staff going against Belichick. We saw how well Alex Smith played last week, but Brady isn't nearly as mobile so we really need to keep up the pressure. I really like the fast pace no-huddle offense. It not only let's Luck use his physical ability, but it also lets his use his intelligence to call plays on the fly. I know we need to run the ball better, but I never bought into the three TE and FB offense. I would like to line up and play smash mouth at times, but what we saw a lot yesterday with the no-huddle and spread formations is where we can get the most horsepower out of Luck and this offense. I've been very critical of Pep and even Chuck, but they're ability to change it up has really impressed me. If anything we know this team has the heart of a champion and we'll get to go up against a team that knows a thing or two about championships. Go Colts!!!

Edit: I'm watching the Packers game and I would like to trade T-Rich for Eddie Lacy. Anybody second this motion?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

I'm still a T-Rich fan, I think with a full off-season he can be a very good back

I will say it's silly how so many Patriots' fans are claiming that because the Chiefs scored 44 points NE won't have any problems moving the ball. They may be right but the defense's performance in one game in no way is indicative of how they will play in another.

The Colts' defense has been hot and cold this year. They look great one week and awful the next and vice versa.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Hmmm...think maybe I'll ruminate on this matchup and comeback with a prediction after further reflection. From a coaching matchup standpoint, I feel like this is a tall order. Up there, let alone at this time of year, is another big disadvantage. On the other hand, if we get mostly good Colts, I think we have a shot. And Luck & Mathis plus the heart the entire team has shown always seem to give us a shot. Think chances are miniscule if we get down big in this one though.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Does this officially keep the 'Colts-and-Patriots-have-played-each-other-every-year-since-2003' streak alive? Or does it not count because it's the playoffs?

It's insane we've played them as often as we have since being removed from the AFC East.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will say it's silly how so many Patriots' fans are claiming that because the Chiefs scored 44 points NE won't have any problems moving the ball. They may be right but the defense's performance in one game in no way is indicative of how they will play in another.

The Colts' defense has been hot and cold this year. They look great one week and awful the next and vice versa.
    Another big reason the Chiefs were so successful in the first half was Alex Smith making plays with his legs, Brady isn't doing anything like that

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

With Luck as your QB, you can never rule out anything.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Another close game, Colts take this 31-27. Luck continues to make a name for himself advancing to the AFC championship
    David "And One" West

I hope that the Colts are watching plenty of tape of the two Giants Super Bowls, the two Ravens playoff victories in Foxboro, and the time the Jets cleaned their clock up there three years ago. All of those teams hit Brady early and flustered him big time. We gotta get some Mathis shots on him like we did against Manning in October.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Is it Saturday yet? I can't freakin wait. If I hit the lottery before then, this entire section of PD will be invading Foxboro!

What's the over/under on the number of middle-aged men that will be wearing uggs at the game?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Not making a prediction. Hopefully the Colts win and the Patriots go through a tumultuous off-season again. They deserve a few hundred more.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    Is it Saturday yet? I can't freakin wait. If I hit the lottery before then, this entire section of PD will be invading Foxboro!

What's the over/under on the number of middle-aged men that will be wearing uggs at the game?
    Hmmmmm. Not sure you can call Belichek middle aged anymore, so that is minus 1 :P
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

21. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Don't forget that Pagano was the Ravens' defensive coordinator when the Ravens played the Pats at Foxboro in the 2009 and 2011 playoffs. Brady played like absolute crap in both of those games. He threw 3 picks in the 2009 playoff game when the Ravens blew out the Pats. In the 2011 AFC Title game, he had 0 touchdown and 2 interceptions. Flacco clearly outplayed him, but the Pats held on to win the game. So in two playoff games against Pagano defenses, Brady threw a combined 5 picks while putting up absolutely hideous passer ratings (49.1 and 57.5).

Pagano's defenses clearly had remarkable success against Brady in those two playoff games at Foxboro. I know that we don't quite have the personnel of those Ravens defenses, but I'm sure glad that we have a head coach who has experience in succeeding against Brady in the playoffs.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    With Luck as your QB, you can never rule out anything.
    Yea he seems unfazed by the opposing QB no matter how great they are. He beat Peyton Manning IN "The House That Peyton Manning Built" after replacing him.

Luck Don't Give No F---.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Yea he seems unfazed by the opposing QB no matter how great they are. He beat Peyton Manning IN "The House That Peyton Manning Built" after replacing him.

Luck Don't Give No F---.

I love when reporters try to get meaningful quotes from Luck. "We just want to win football games".

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I love when reporters try to get meaningful quotes from Luck. "We just want to win football games".
    They never get any good quotes from him lol

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

I know a lot of people wanted the Colts to play Denver next but I really believe we can beat NE. I remember years ago when Vanderjacka$$ said the Patroits were "ripe for the picking" right before our playoff game, and we got blown out, so you can never count them out though. The Colts and Pats have really had similar seasons. They've both overcame injuries, both qb's lost their favorite target, both beat Denver, and both won their division. I don't know how it's going to go but I'm so excited I can't stand it. Hopefully the Colts security is on the lookout for Beli-spy's this week.

It's something to keep an eye on and a little early yet to really be certain of anything, but right now next Sat's weather in Foxborough is looking to be 30's and 40's and cloudy. Chance of rain or snow there Friday.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

30's and 40's I'll take.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

What worries me most is Belichick's consistent success in taking out a team's best option. He made Jimmy Graham completely irrelevant when the Pats played the Saints. Belichick isn't going to let T.Y. Hilton go for 200+ yards against him, that's for sure. He's going to make life hell for T.Y. and force Fleener, Rodgers, Whalen, and Brazil to make plays.

T.Y. deserves major credit for his performance yesterday, but I was surprised at how easy KC made it for him. That was just putrid defense. They should have doubled him a lot more and forced the other Colts to beat them. Belichick won't make the mistake that KC did. He will make life hell for T.Y. If T.Y. can overcome what's coming his way, then it's time to start wondering if this guy is becoming a top 10 NFL receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I'm still a T-Rich fan, I think with a full off-season he can be a very good back
    He might not get the chance. Brown is better than him and already ahead of him on the depth chart and one has to assume Ballard will be too when he returns.

Does anyone know who we're getting as an announcing team? If we're getting Jim/Phil I don't like our odds I don't think we've ever won a game with them calling it(I could be wrong here)

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Does anyone know who we're getting as an announcing team? If we're getting Jim/Phil I don't like our odds I don't think we've ever won a game with them calling it(I could be wrong here)
    I believe Nantz said during the Chargers/Bengals game that the Colts/Patriots game would be announced by Gumbel/Dierdorf.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obnoxiousmodesty For This Useful Post: