Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 361

Thread: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

  1. #326
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,464

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't expect the pacers to win every game but giving up a 16-1 run to a decimated team soon after letting the Raptors close on a 38-19 run is very concerning.
    Yes, it is! But that's not what you said...

  2. #327
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is shifting the goalposts? You said you didn't insult anybody. I just showed you where you did.
    I clearly meant that in relation to people that post on here. Large well known organizations are going to take criticism, A LOT of it in fact.

  3. #328

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I think against what was left of Cleveland we didn't play our best. Perhaps we weren't taking them seriously. I think beating Toronto on Tuesday will be another test. They're hot right now, almost beat Miami tonight. I think ultimately, this team needs another major offensive threat off the bench, and that's where trading Danny could work IF Simon is willing to go over the LT a bit, and we can land an Afflalo, or someone like that. I think as far as our level of play, I like some other posters here...would like to see us continuing to play like we did before Christmas. Where we smoked Houston and Boston in back to back games.

  4. #329
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, it is! But that's not what you said...
    OK, so what? I stand by what I said and in subsequent posts have further detailed my specific concerns that led me to make that statement.

  5. #330
    Dutch Pacers Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I felt that we took too much time at certain times in the 4th, before we got into our sets. Not enough movement away from the ball. We were up 12, they got hot and we went cold. It happens... if we score one or two baskets around that time, they give up and we blow them out I guess. We could have run a few playsbI thought were we'd have Paul George catch it on the move somewhat above the elbow. If they'd go under a screen, he'd have an open shot at the corner. Instead, we elected to play a high p&r, which they defended quite well. We stopped pushing tue ball too, because we didn't want to get into their kind of game, but I'd like to see us try to run and just pull it back out if nothings there. That should at least get us into our sets earlier, instead of guys getting the ball with 4 on the clock and really have to force the issue quickly.
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to pacersgroningen For This Useful Post:


  7. #331
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    LG33 IS STILL TEARING THIS PLACE APART

  8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  9. #332
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,972

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't expect the pacers to win every game but giving up a 16-1 run to a decimated team soon after letting the Raptors close on a 38-19 run is very concerning.
    I can certainly agree that tonight's and Wednesday's (Raptors game) 4th quarter are concerning. That's a very valid observation.

    However, you started saying "this is embarrassing" in the 3rd quarter. What happened in the 3rd quarter? Nothing, really. The Cavs made a little run and we answered with a little run of our own. The score of the 3rd quarter was 23-23 which is absolutely neutral due to the fact that we were leading by 9 points. That's the issue for him. You cannot say that it is embarrassing simply because we "merely" tied with the other team. We are not supposed to run over every other team.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  11. #333
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,464

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, so what? I stand by what I said and in subsequent posts have further detailed my specific concerns that led me to make that statement.
    You stand by calling a 27-6 team with the best record in the league a joke. Ok, I think we're done here.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:


  13. #334
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,144
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    In my OPINION the joke was on the cavs and beating them was the punch line. We are going to have games like this through 82 long games


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #335
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can certainly agree that tonight's and Wednesday's (Raptors game) 4th quarter are concerning. That's a very valid observation.

    However, you started saying "this is embarrassing" in the 3rd quarter. What happened in the 3rd quarter? Nothing, really. The Cavs made a little run and we answered with a little run of our own. The score of the 3rd quarter was 23-23 which is absolutely neutral due to the fact that we were leading by 9 points. That's the issue for him. You cannot say that it is embarrassing simply because we "merely" tied with the other team. We are not supposed to run over every other team.
    I expected the Pacers to put the game away in the third but instead they let Cleveland open with an 8-1 run. That is why I said the performance was embarrassing.

  15. #336
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You stand by calling a 27-6 team with the best record in the league a joke. Ok, I think we're done here.
    In that particular moment yes, they were a joke. They played terribly at times tonight. My comment was made at one of those times. Game threads are not see the forest through the trees events for me.

  16. #337
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,688
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Alright guys, its time to just leave it alone.

    He is an obvious troll and he is just trying to get a rise out of you. Its like that little 8 year old that keeps repeating what you say as long as you make it seem like it annoys you. Just put him on that ignore list.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  18. #338
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Our scoring droughts have been a problem for a couple of years at least.
    Tonight I liked that we stuck with our defense and had faith in our game plan.

    I wouldn't say we played like crap or anything like that. We held them to 78 points! That's pretty awesome.
    We struggled offensively as we are prone to do but we won.

    We must anticipate that the dry spells can come upon us at any time.
    What we can control is our effort, our defense, our focus.

    The games that I have a problem with are when we have a dry spell but forget who we are and give up 98.
    We are first and foremost a defensive team.

    When we remember to properly strangle our adversary then we can live with the droughts.
    Last edited by solid; 01-05-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: punctuation

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:


  20. #339
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers



    I haven't caught up with the thread yet, but in general: Criticize the words without name-calling the poster, please. If you think anyone is being a troll, come to us with it and/or put him on ignore, but enough with the commentary. Meanwhile, if something is said that deserves to be criticized, by all means, just keep it from getting personal or rude/insulting.


  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  22. #340

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance is one of the few with a good shooting %, I think it has more to do than just Lance. This team has blown teams out with Lance playing like he has played today, multiple times. This team has also lost when Lance was the best player on the court.
    yes, I agree for the most part. However, when Lance is crashing the off boards and setting up teammates, this team is nearly unbeatable.

  23. #341
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I haven't caught up with the thread yet, but in general: Criticize the words without name-calling the poster, please. If you think anyone is being a troll, come to us with it and/or put him on ignore, but enough with the commentary. Meanwhile, if something is said that deserves to be criticized, by all means, just keep it from getting personal or rude/insulting.
    That never happens. I am always insulted and called a troll or Heat fan for getting passionate in a game thread.

  24. #342
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,688
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I haven't caught up with the thread yet, but in general: Criticize the words without name-calling the poster, please. If you think anyone is being a troll, come to us with it and/or put him on ignore, but enough with the commentary. Meanwhile, if something is said that deserves to be criticized, by all means, just keep it from getting personal or rude/insulting.
    To be fair though, he is reaching nearly Olblu level.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  26. #343
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,972

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I expected the Pacers to put the game away in the third but instead they let Cleveland open with an 8-1 run. That is why I said the performance was embarrassing.
    Why did you expect a blowout, though? We have had a lot of blowouts already and it's almost impossible to keep blowing teams out. Eventually, you will play some close games like we did tonight.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  28. #344
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why did you expect a blowout, though? We have had a lot of blowouts already and it's almost impossible to keep blowing teams out. Eventually, you will play some close games like we did tonight.
    Cleveland was 11-22 without two of their best players. That's why I expected a blowout.

  29. #345
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,419

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    **** happens.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  31. #346
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,972

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That never happens. I am always insulted and called a troll or Heat fan for getting passionate in a game thread.
    There is no need to see enemies everywhere. I don't think that I have ever insulted you so it does happen sometimes.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. #347
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,972

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cleveland was 11-22 without two of their best players. That's why I expected a blowout.
    Yes but the games are played on the court. Miami lost to a Kings team that was 8-19 before their games in December 27. You do not always blowout the teams that you're supposed to beat handily. Sometimes, you even end up losing to them. I see no reason why anyone should be concerned because we didn't win in a blowout.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  34. #348
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,553

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, when you are a billionaire and see that your team has a chance to win a title, why even own the team if you aren't willing to spend just a little more if an opportunity arises to improve your team.
    So if $15M extra to cover a $4M rise over the LT is "a little more", what would you think of as too much to spend? Should Simon be willing to go into the Nets and Lakers $100M LT level?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  36. #349
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,442
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if $15M extra to cover a $4M rise over the LT is "a little more", what would you think of as too much to spend? Should Simon be willing to go into the Nets and Lakers $100M LT level?
    People in the USA are great at spending money that is not their own!

  37. #350
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,615

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 1/5/2014 Game Thread #33: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do realize we're actually talking about an extra $15M or thereabouts if we go over the LT, right?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

    Absolute pennies compared to the tens of millions of dollars (hundreds of millions?) that the community has given the team over the years. They owe it to the community to go over the LT if that's what it takes in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •