Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacers Vs. Pelicans Post- Game Thread 1/4/2014

Default Re: Pacers Vs. Pelicans Post- Game Thread 1/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's amazing how much better this team is than last year's. And last year's was obviously pretty damn good with the 49 wins, massacring of the 54 win Knicks, and 7 game series with Miami.

PG has turned into a top 5ish player. Lance has made an astronomical leap. I think that Roy and Hill are mostly where they were last year. West's production has fell off a bit from a year ago, but I think that's mostly because we aren't as dependent on him for offense as we were last year without DG. This team just has so many more options right now with the improvements of PG/Lance and the massive upgrading of the bench. Hopefully this means that West will be good and fresh for the playoffs.

Along with the rise of PG and Lance, the bench is obviously the most drastic improvement on this team. We've gone from Green/Hansbrough/Augistin to Granger/Scola/Watson. That's just an insane leap in quality. When you combine that with the improvements of Lance and PG, it's pretty remarkable just how much better this team is than last year's. Having a team this talented is pretty rare.
    Roy is where he ended up last year... stronger than where he started last year I think though.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Smart players will start heading to the basket whenever Lance gets the ball. DWest missed an easy dunk against the Pelicans because Lance passed it a few feet in front of him expecting West to head to the basket. This team is only going to get better and better.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown