Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Vs. Pelicans Post- Game Thread 1/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Vs. Pelicans Post- Game Thread 1/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ever since Granger has been back, even when he hasn't played well, our bench has been amazing.
    Yeah it's so nice to have a good veteran wing off of the bench as opposed to a couple of young guys who were in over their head. I'm not trying to take shots at Juice and Solo, but it's just the truth.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Nice bounce back win. Need to keep it rolling against Cleveland tomorrow. These bad starts are getting annoying.
    It's been like this all season.......why? I don't know.

The Pacers are a "Tale of Two Teams"......average Dr.Jekyll Team that looks like they are trying to figure out how to play in the 1st half....then totally goes Mr.Hyde on the opposing Team and becomes a nightmare of a Team in the 2nd half.

NOTE - hoosierguy, I'm not criticizing you with my below comments...I'm agreeing with you

To highlight one of the Themes that you ( SPECIFICALLY ) have been trying to point out all season long ( see, I do pay attention to your posts ) is that the Pacers can't do this against an elite Level Team in the Playoffs.

Maybe...they can get away with it for one or two games ( cuz of the ELITE Defense ), but they have to be Mr.Hyde for the majority of a game...if not series...in order to win against Top Tier Teams. Even if we end up playig like this on a regular basis....I am hoping that the improved play of the Bench will make up for this and will allow the Team to get the extra edge when it comes to the Playoffs.....but I think that we can lose a critical game by a sliver's margin by playing like the way that we played in the first 1.5 QTRs of a series. And we all know....a single game..can make a difference in a 7 Game series.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Luckily Cleveland is playing a back to back as well. Didn't help us against Toronto. But hopefully the guys get it together. Good win, could be spoiled by coming out flat tomorrow.

Mood

Sports Logo

Ever since Granger has been back, even when he hasn't played well, our bench has been amazing.
    What's the current ppg of our bench from when Granger's back to this game? And how does it compare to when he is absent.

I know Luis is an offensive beast, CJ is consistent and Ian has the defense, but I can also see how Granger gives the bench new dimension and depth. Just like evryone has mentioned, Granger, an all-star on the bench just makes other teams fear us.
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    What's the current ppg of our bench from when Granger's back to this game? And how does it compare to when he is absent.

I know Luis is an offensive beast, CJ is consistent and Ian has the defense, but I can also see how Granger gives the bench new dimension and depth. Just like evryone has mentioned, Granger, an all-star on the bench just makes other teams fear us.
    Only includes Danny, Scola, Ian, and Watson
    27.5 ppg
    +/- 25.4 on average

Don't know what it was prior, and don't really want to take the time to find out.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 01-04-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo

Only includes Danny, Scola, Ian, and Watson
    27.5 ppg
    +/- 25.4 on average

Don't know what it was prior, and don't really want to take the time to find out.
    It's ok. I think I read somewhere how Danny is a huge upgrade, I just can't find the link.

I'm positive Danny will get his first 20+ points of the season this month. Hope it's against Sun or Warriors.
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Off topic. I just tuned it to local radio station (here in the Philippines), and the DJ talked about Pacers being the #1 in NBA right now. Also the Pacers have been regularly appearing to newspapers/sports oriented TV show (that they barely made before this season). It's just so much fun to be a Pacer fan especially after all the dark years.

If only I can watch live in BLF. Maybe, after two years of hardwork and I can afford to get my *** to America and watch a Pacer game. Hopefully.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollar For This Useful Post:

Great game and nice to see the real Pacers show up in the 3rd. I wish Paul would cut back on his volume of shots. It would have been better for the team if he scored less and took about 10 less shots tonight. I'm starting to think he just wants to lead the team in scoring every night when it would be better if he focused on D first and didn't worry about it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Off topic. I just tuned it to local radio station (here in the Philippines), and the DJ talked about Pacers being the #1 in NBA right now. Also the Pacers have been regularly appearing to newspapers/sports oriented TV show (that they barely made before this season). It's just so much fun to be a Pacer fan especially after all the dark years.

If only I can watch live in BLF. Maybe, after two years of hardwork and I can afford to get my *** to America and watch a Pacer game. Hopefully.
    You have until mid-June to save $$ to get yourself to Indy. That's what I am aiming for.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Danny interviewed on NBATV after the game: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...nk-granger.nba. "Thay, what's up baby??"

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Great game and nice to see the real Pacers show up in the 3rd. I wish Paul would cut back on his volume of shots. It would have been better for the team if he scored less and took about 10 less shots tonight. I'm starting to think he just wants to lead the team in scoring every night when it would be better if he focused on D first and didn't worry about it.
    I'm okay with PG24 leading the Team in FGA...tha's his role on the Team....he's the leader. What I want him to do is take more mid-range jumpshots and attack the basket more as opposed to take 3pt attempts. The only time I want him to take a 3pt shot is when he's wide open. He's a far more efficient and effective scorer when he tries to score from inside the 3pt line.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm okay with PG24 leading the Team in FGA...tha's his role on the Team....he's the leader. What I want him to do is take more mid-range jumpshots and attack the basket more as opposed to take 3pt attempts. The only time I want him to take a 3pt shot is when he's wide open. He's a far more efficient and effective scorer when he tries to score from inside the 3pt line.
    I just want him to not force his shots. There was one possession when he had Hill open for a three, but instead took a contested mid-range shot, then West got the rebound gave it back to him and got block while Hill was still open for a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Danny interviewed on NBATV after the game: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...nk-granger.nba. "Thay, what's up baby??"
    That was sweet... very interesting to hear Danny and "Tay" talking about PG and Lance as the "young guys" that needed to develop. It is so much fun to watch players grow up right in front of you.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Dahntay has been killing it on NBATv when they've had him on lately. Hopefully that continues unless Dahntay gets a call from a team.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Slow starts is just a Pacer thing. Last year it was the same way, but they weren't good enough offensively to keep the runs going and blow teams out and just grinded away.l

IMHO it speaks volumes about their maturity and basketball IQ. They make adjustments and then are able to implement them on the fly, especially on the defensive end.

Danny is a great fit with this team. I can't imagine having the rollercoaster of a career he's had here, and going from the main guy on a bad to upcoming team, getting injured and then having to watch the team explode while you sit there rehabbing. Danny has handled all of this like the professional he's always been. It just adds another layer to the whole story.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

You have until mid-June to save $$ to get yourself to Indy. That's what I am aiming for.
    A foreseeable game 7 indeed. I will try all my best. I have always said since I was 15 that I will go to Indy no matter what.No one's going to stop me but myself.

Sports Logo

I just want him to not force his shots. There was one possession when he had Hill open for a three, but instead took a contested mid-range shot, then West got the rebound gave it back to him and got block while Hill was still open for a 3.
    I agree....I especially hate it when it's the last play of the Half or QTR and he gets the ball......I immediately think that he's going to just do some ISO play and take a 3pt shot.

I honestly would prefer for Lance to take that shot....cuz I am fairly confident that he'd drive to the basket and try to score on a layup or some circus shot that somehow goes in.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

A foreseeable game 7 indeed. I will try all my best. I have always said since I was 15 that I will go to Indy no matter what.No one's going to stop me but myself.
    I'm just aiming for the first 2 Home Games that they play in the series....with the new 2-2-1-1-1 format.....it's not worth it to fly out for 1 game ( well, on the surface it is...but not from a $$$ POV ).

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That was sweet... very interesting to hear Danny and "Tay" talking about PG and Lance as the "young guys" that needed to develop. It is so much fun to watch players grow up right in front of you.
    Yeah, I don't know what I was doing with that spelling. Not that there's anything wrong with having a lisp.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

I'm just aiming for the first 2 Home Games that they play in the series....with the new 2-2-1-1-1 format.....it's not worth it to fly out for 1 game ( well, on the surface it is...but not from a $$$ POV ).
    Man, let me tell you this is quite impossible for me (well at least this year). I'll take your challenge next year. You'll be the first to know once I get there.

I'm o.k. with Paul leading the team in FGA's as well but there is a limit. I don't want Paul taking 24 shots every game and it was too many tonight. At the beginning of the season I thought we may not have a player stand out as our go to guy but I like having Paul in that role. I don't like what I've seen out of him in the past 2 games. Too many shots and too many bad shots. Sure he's going to score 50 one of these days if he keeps it up but that won't make it the right thing to do. Any of our starting 5, Granger, Scola, or CJ would lead the team in scoring if they took 24 shots per game. I don't want Paul taking the role of Melo on this team, we have too many really good players who can score as well and when Paul starts forcing shots we get away from what works for us and that's the inside out game.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Not like he was taking bad shots out of the flow of the offense. Just happened to have 24 decent looks this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Dahntay has been killing it on NBATv when they've had him on lately. Hopefully that continues unless Dahntay gets a call from a team.
    I thought the same. Better presence than Zeke; and I don't hate Zeke.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

It's amazing how much better this team is than last year's. And last year's was obviously pretty damn good with the 49 wins, massacring of the 54 win Knicks, and 7 game series with Miami.

PG has turned into a top 5ish player. Lance has made an astronomical leap. I think that Roy and Hill are mostly where they were last year. West's production has fell off a bit from a year ago, but I think that's mostly because we aren't as dependent on him for offense as we were last year without DG. This team just has so many more options right now with the improvements of PG/Lance and the massive upgrading of the bench. Hopefully this means that West will be good and fresh for the playoffs.

Along with the rise of PG and Lance, the bench is obviously the most drastic improvement on this team. We've gone from Green/Hansbrough/Augistin to Granger/Scola/Watson. That's just an insane leap in quality. When you combine that with the improvements of Lance and PG, it's pretty remarkable just how much better this team is than last year's. Having a team this talented is pretty rare.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    It's amazing how much better this team is than last year's. And last year's was obviously pretty damn good with the 49 wins, massacring of the 54 win Knicks, and 7 game series with Miami.

PG has turned into a top 5ish player. Lance has made an astronomical leap. I think that Roy and Hill are mostly where they were last year. West's production has fell off a bit from a year ago, but I think that's mostly because we aren't as dependent on him for offense as we were last year without DG. This team just has so many more options right now with the improvements of PG/Lance and the massive upgrading of the bench. Hopefully this means that West will be good and fresh for the playoffs.

Along with the rise of PG and Lance, the bench is obviously the most drastic improvement on this team. We've gone from Green/Hansbrough/Augistin to Granger/Scola/Watson. That's just an insane leap in quality. When you combine that with the improvements of Lance and PG, it's pretty remarkable just how much better this team is than last year's. Having a team this talented is pretty rare.
    I totally agree. I think the next game against Miami will be the most accurate measuring stick to date. I honestly will be surprised if we lose to them because of these improvements which are really enormous.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post: