Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAMN YOU CITIZENS OF INDIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default DAMN YOU CITIZENS OF INDIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pacers not only sell out for the 11th time this season but even during a Colts game!!!!!

Keep it up :-)

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: DAMN YOU CITIZENS OF INDIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually don't like saying I told you so, but I told you so. This is still a basketball state first and foremost. Colts have trouble selling out a playoff game, and need a corporation to come save the day from a blackout, while the Pacers are able to sell-out a normal regular season game against an average opponent on the same day when the two games will most likely overlap.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

You told me so. lol

There's a difference from 65k to 18k but hell as long as the Fieldhouse is packed I could care less! :-)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll eat all the crow. I definitely was a harsh critic last year. I don't think I could be much happier to be wrong.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I usually don't like saying I told you so, but I told you so. This is still a basketball state first and foremost. Colts have trouble selling out a playoff game, and need a corporation to come save the day from a blackout, while the Pacers are able to sell-out a normal regular season game against an average opponent on the same day when the two games will most likely overlap.

There is also a 40,000 difference in the seating capacity of the stadiums. The Colts game also costs way more.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people who bought tickets to the Pacer game say "screw it" and watch the end of the Colts game before heading to BLF.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    There is also a 40,000 difference in the seating capacity of the stadiums. The Colts game also costs way more.
    Nothing personal, but I have to at this statement. Funny how the reasons why the Colts could sell out in spite of higher prices and larger capacity than the Pacers (fewer games, more of an "event" than a regular season game, perceived as a better value for money) can get turned on their ear when need be.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Well, Indy loves the Pacers now, maybe even more than the Colts. I will say Reggie going down had a lot to do with this tbh

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Pacers played at home 8 times a year I'm fairly sure the demand would be through the roof.

It's like here at home when people compare the crowds that Ireland get in rugby compared to soccer. In rugby, they only play 4/5 home games a year, always against high quality opposition (Only 10 countries in the world are decent at rugby). In soccer, there are more games and more countries (usually of a lower quality) to play against.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

I think if the NBA went to a 20 game season and played them in NFL stadiums, they would sell the same amount of tickets as the NFL. At least the good teams would.

Just win baby.

Win and they will buy tix.

Not sure why we're having an us VS them conversation between the Colts and Pacers. I love both teams, thought about going to the Colts game myself, but didn't have it in the budget for the $120 seat +1 in the upper 400 level right after Christmas.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Not sure why we're having an us VS them conversation between the Colts and Pacers. I love both teams, thought about going to the Colts game myself, but didn't have it in the budget for the $120 seat +1 in the upper 400 level right after Christmas.
    This forum is weird. It always turns into an us vs them. I don't get it.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Hey, the Colts had trouble selling out because the NFL has their collective heads jammed up their asses. Pricing just caused two different franchises, one with 100 plus consecutive sellouts (the Colts) and one with 300 plus consecutive sellouts (Packers) to struggle selling out. The Colts weren't "bailed out" by a corporation. Awful ticket prices out of no where caused them to not sell out.

Try to understand the particular situations. Now it is awesome that both games are sold out. I love it- But be clear, the Colts would have been sold out weeks ago had it not been for these absurd ticket prices.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Pacers fans got mad the colts were more beloved so they lay and wait for moments like this to throw a I told you so party. They know if a pacers game costed as much as a colts game the Fieldhouse would be empty. Football is still king.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    Pacers fans got mad the colts were more beloved so they lay and wait for moments like this to throw a I told you so party. They know if a pacers game costed as much as a colts game the Fieldhouse would be empty. Football is still king.
    That isn't taking into consider the situations, and all of the angles. Of course a regular season game would be empty if they charged the same as an NFL playoff game. There are 41 regular season games to choose from, while there are at most 2 home playoff games to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Hey, the Colts had trouble selling out because the NFL has their collective heads jammed up their asses. Pricing just caused two different franchises, one with 100 plus consecutive sellouts (the Colts) and one with 300 plus consecutive sellouts (Packers) to struggle selling out. The Colts weren't "bailed out" by a corporation. Awful ticket prices out of no where caused them to not sell out.

Try to understand the particular situations. Now it is awesome that both games are sold out. I love it- But be clear, the Colts would have been sold out weeks ago had it not been for these absurd ticket prices.
    Trust me I am well aware of everything.

Wow this got ugly quick...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This forum is weird. It always turns into an us vs them. I don't get it.
    This one is more like Us vs. Us.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Bill Murray in Stripes when the guys start fighting during their desperate all-nighter training session...
    "STUPID!!!"

It's beyond petty.

And before we have a big parade for civic pride, all the Pacers had to do was go to the 1st round, 2nd round, game 7 of the ECF and then have the #1 record in the NBA and be on a pace for the team's greatest NBA win total ever just to start selling out games at below league average ticket prices.

It's like being impressed that people are willing to buy lottery tickets if you promise that every single ticket will win more money than the ticket cost.

Selling out for a 37 win team in a slight rebuild mode in several years will be when I get impressed.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

^^^^ too true... I thought the fans were back our second playoff run..

I have no dog in this fight but even with the Colts being a relatively average team they remain more popular with the masses.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

I'm going to the Pacers game tomorrow. I wont bother to watch the ending of the Colts game.
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DangerGranger3pointranger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

And before we have a big parade for civic pride, all the Pacers had to do was go to the 1st round, 2nd round, game 7 of the ECF and then have the #1 record in the NBA and be on a pace for the team's greatest NBA win total ever just to start selling out games at below league average ticket prices.
    So it only took them three years to undo six years of ill-will. Not bad. Pretty impressive actually.

If Twinkies were filled with razor blades instead of cream filling, people would stop buying them. The Pacers reaped what they sewed from 2004-2010. It was sad to see for those of us who remained interested in the team, but I don't blame casual observers one bit for not wanting to spend their money on that garbage. I understand that not everyone revolves around their lives around the Pacers. There are a lot of people who are willing to pay money for a Pacer product if they feel that it's worth their time, but who don't care so much that they're going to pay to watch Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy lose a lot of games. These were tough economic times and I'm sympathetic to the fact that a lot of people out there didn't want to spend their money on complete and utter crap, which is what the Pacers mostly were from 2004-2010. Heck, several of the diehards on this forum got to a point where they had enough. And these were people who at one point made the Pacers an integral part of their lives. If Ford Tauruses started exploding when the ignition was turned, then people would stop buying them. The same logic applies to the 04-10 Pacers.

You can't underestimate just how badly the Pacers destroyed their brand from 04-10. The customers went away as they do with any product that is a waste of money. There was a brawl which embarrassed the franchise on a national scale. Then there was the humiliating Artest trade demand, which made the Pacers look like fools for standing by him after the brawl. You had the terrifying off court incidents in Indy: Stephen Jackson firing his heat outside a strip club and Jamaal Tinsley's crew getting shot at outside of the Conrad. It was like the Wild West. We got rid of the bad seeds, but we replaced them with bad/downright boring players who were coached by Jim O'Brien and lost a lot of games. ZZZZZZZ. Meanwhile, the NFL team across the street was hanging a championship banner with one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

For this six year span which included some rough economic times, was this a product worth spending money on for the average Joe Schmo who didn't revolve his life around watching an NBA team? God no. The community found other ways to spend their money and time and I don't blame them one bit for it, just like I don't blame someone for not going to a restaurant with terrible food. The Pacers ruined their brand with terrible decisions over a six year period and reaped the consequences.

Losing to the Bulls in 5 games in the first round wasn't going to bring people back. The interest clearly began to increase in the 11-12 season, but we didn't have an exciting postseason series win because the only team we eliminated was an Orlando team without Howard. What we needed to bring the public completely back was what we got last year - an ECF trip which included a series win against the Knicks. We were able to play on all of the 90's Knicks memories and everything happened after that against Miami was icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-03-2014 at 11:26 PM.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

im still confused why the nfl put that game on sat instead of sunday given the fact the pacers are playing at home as well

they just dont care about the cities and this is pretty clear, they do what they want because they know the sheep will follow

the nfl is awfully boring these days with the long timeouts to review plays and the stupid rules they have about certain hits now. i could care less if the colts win or lose, ill be at BLF anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by ReggiesUncle View Post
    im still confused why the nfl put that game on sat instead of sunday given the fact the pacers are playing at home as well

they just dont care about the cities and this is pretty clear, they do what they want because they know the sheep will follow

the nfl is awfully boring these days with the long timeouts to review plays and the stupid rules they have about certain hits now. i could care less if the colts win or lose, ill be at BLF anyways!

When the NFL schedules its super important playoff match-ups, it simply doesn't care about when the Indiana Pacers are playing 1 out of 41 home games. Does St. Elmo Steakhouse adjust its menu based on what the Steak n' Shake across the street is serving?

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

i dunno about u man but ive been awfully drunk watching plenty of nfl playoffs and dont remember any of them

its like when u bang a broad when u are drunk and dont remember her name like does it still count as a notch on the ole bed post?

thats like the nfl, its just another notch in the bed post to them in grand scheme of things

hey i love analogies lmao...this is dumb