Thread: Game will be shown!!!

Default Game will be shown!!!

Last remaining tickets purchased by Meijer. Game on!!!
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Game will be shown!!!

Well, I'll go buy my game foods and beverages at Meijer today.

Kudos to them.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I'll go buy my game foods and beverages at Meijer today.

Kudos to them.

Same here, I'm definitely buying my game day suds and snacks from Meijer. They did a double community service today. They are ensuring that the community gets to watch the game, and most importantly are doing a great deed for military families.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I think we all knew it wasn't going to be blacked out.

Still nice gesture giving them to families who probably wouldn't be able to go on a regular basis.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

According to Chappell the Chiefs returned 300 tickets

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good for Meijer. I already do a large chunk of my shopping there.

The returned tix will be made availalble to purchase but don't count towards the blackout requirement.

Kravitz' article in the star today is the best damn article he has ever written. Talks about the greed of the NFL. This team is well supported by its fan base and should not have to be threatened by a blackout.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...polis/4297657/

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Chiefs fans are slamming the Indy fanbase on their forum (ChiefsPlanet).... smh....

Why does that surprise you? Fans talk crap about each other all the time.

Besides Chiefs fans have nearly 20 years of resentment towards us we have owned that team.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Chiefs fans are slamming the Indy fanbase on their forum (ChiefsPlanet).... smh....
    They got to be happy about something knowing their season will be ending Saturday evening.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Tell them to take a look at their own stadium seats a couple of weeks ago when the Colts were in KC. And if KC returned 300 tix what's up with that? That's 300 seats that could've went to KC fans to support their team in the playoffs that will now most likely go to Colts fans.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

People should be slamming Indy fans, not selling out a play game is inexcusable. JMHO.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

^^ You going to the game ??

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Kravitz' article in the star today is the best damn article he has ever written. Talks about the greed of the NFL. This team is well supported by its fan base and should not have to be threatened by a blackout.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...polis/4297657/

Gambino Mafia soldiers have more compassion for the corner merchant they take money from than the NFL does for its paying fans. The NFL goons forcing season ticket holders to pay for two playoff games (when the odds off playing that second game are tiny) is price gauging to the max. They just want that money so that they can sit and watch the interest grow. Sure you can use it as a credit, but it still sucks to have to pay all of that money during the Holiday season.

I'm glad that this also happened in Cincy and Green Bay because that helps mitigate the Indy fan bashing. People are cash strapped right now after the Holidays.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Gambino Mafia soldiers have more compassion for the corner merchant they take money from than the NFL does for its paying fans. The NFL goons forcing season ticket holders to pay for two playoff games (when the odds off playing that second game are tiny) is price gauging to the max. They just want that money so that they can sit and watch the interest grow. Sure you can use it as a credit, but it still sucks to have to pay all of that money during the Holiday season.

I'm glad that this also happened in Cincy and Green Bay because that helps mitigate the Indy fan bashing. People are cash strapped right now after the Holidays.
    Yes the NFL doesn't need to be expressing in this way its gratitude for the billions it makes especially given the number of teams that take public subsidies.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post

I work with someone who's a season-ticket holder who regularly doesn't attend playoff games, for the reasons you stated. It's considerably more expensive and you have to pay upfront. If they don't make it that far, then it's a credit to the next season's tickets, not money back.

So if you're wondering why Green Bay is having issues despite having a huge waiting list for season ticket holders, that's why. I guarantee most season-ticket holders didn't think they'd make the playoffs, so they didn't buy the tickets.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

26. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    So if you're wondering why Green Bay is having issues despite having a huge waiting list for season ticket holders, that's why. I guarantee most season-ticket holders didn't think they'd make the playoffs, so they didn't buy the tickets.

You're probably right. And since it's going to be viciously cold, many of them probably just said "screw it" this week when they went on sale.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was listening to sports talk down here and the hosts said, I have not looked this up to see if it is true or not, the home team can avoid a blackout by paying the visiting the 35% of the cost of the unsold tickets. This protects the visiting team's payout. I agree the NFL is being greedy with this dumb requirement. In the end though, no one is going to walk away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    I was listening to sports talk down here and the hosts said, I have not looked this up to see if it is true or not, the home team can avoid a blackout by paying the visiting the 35% of the cost of the unsold tickets. This protects the visiting team's payout. I agree the NFL is being greedy with this dumb requirement. In the end though, no one is going to walk away from the game.
    Only during the regular season.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Meijer just got another loyal shopper in me. They did good making the game available and a very big thing for me was to honor our troops and Veterans with their generosity by giving those tickets to our service members. Being a disabled Veteran myself it makes me appreciate what they have done and will be watching on TV for our troops.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

So did Meijer have to buy tickets for the "next game" as well or did the NFL just stick it to the season ticket holders? Why is the NFL not getting more flack for doing this, or are they in Indy and the cities affected?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Just a quick point to make here...
    Lot's of teeth gnashing and talk of the NFL with egg on it's face because of their greed. But you know what... The game sold out. That is what they'll point to and why this will be forgotten until the next time. And probably when the next time comes, nobody will remember 'this' time. It will be "XXX straight sell-outs before this" as the narrative.

None of this matters until the day arrives when the games don't sell out.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post: