Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 193

Thread: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your post history can prove this "myth"

    No, Danny wasn't criticized tonight because he had a good game but people still referred to imaginary "Danny fans".

    When Danny was healthy and the first scorer of this team, wasn't he consistently criticized? Are you gonna deny that?

    So you were just making stuff up

  2. #102
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,858

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you were just making stuff up
    Nope. But I have to accept that I worded this wrong. You got me there.

    Still, it doesn't change the fact that cdash was right about what he said earlier
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  3. #103
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,198
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    On to the next game.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  5. #104
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,926

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, you are a liar. LoneGranger33 was being facetious in the post that you quoted and he said so himself afterwards. Thanks for using a facetious post to make your point. It just indicates how hollow it is.

    You are not trying to defend PG. You're just trying to bash every Pacer that is not called PG. That's the difference.

    When people were blaming PG after the Miami game, I did defend him. He was obviously not 100% and the same happened in the Charlotte game. His hand wasn't right. But he does deserve some blame for the Detroit game and this one. Josh Smith and DeMar DeRozan outplayed him and he's better than them.

    But it's ok. It isn't an issue. It's only 2 games. No player can play perfectly for every single game. It's natural to have some bad games here and there and PG has been awesome this season. So, he is easily forgiven for two bad performances.

    That's the difference here. Most people can recognize a poor performance and forgive it immediatedly because it happens to every player. That's not what you're doing by blaming every player that you don't like in almost every single game.
    I read the thread and his profile and he never said, "hey I'm just being facetious" lol. You need to prove that I am hard on everyone except for Paul George, I've thought the anointed BAMF has been terrible these last few games but I've never posted my frustrations on his horrible play lately. I didn't even want West to come back after the Miami series last year this is the perfect time for me to say, "see I told you we should have gotten rid of West."

    I'm genuinely tired of the Danny fans looking for our starting wings to have a bad game so they can thrust him into the starting lineup this is why PG gets blasted whenever he has a bad game Danny fans are mad it is his team now.

  6. #105
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somebody has to make a gif of Pop's reaction when he saw the Nets' bench was gone. That was priceless.
    The announcers crack me up.

    "People are hungry in here!"
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  8. #106

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the game thread. You are welcome
    Yeah...I didn't post that in tonight's game thread. That's more than a little disingenuous.

  9. #107
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,145

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah...I didn't post that in tonight's game thread. That's more than a little disingenuous.
    I think they were talking about a previous game when Danny wasn't looking quite as good--perhaps 2-3 games ago. Nuntius pulled it from there fwiw.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  11. #108

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    It's the end of back to back, and they have to fly to Toronto during the holiday season.
    Explained.

  12. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah...I didn't post that in tonight's game thread. That's more than a little disingenuous.
    I asked him to show me a post from somebody criticizing poor DG on his bad game 3 games ago and he came up with your post from the game thread as "proof" that people hate on him on "every single game", I guess nobody can say anything about him anywhere or is considered hating.

    He couldn't find a post from today or yesterday though but this happens "every day".

  13. #110
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's the end of back to back, and they have to fly to Toronto during the holiday season.
    Explained.
    Toronto had to do the same thing. Explanation revoked.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  15. #111
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,858

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read the thread and his profile and he never said, "hey I'm just being facetious" lol. You need to prove that I am hard on everyone except for Paul George, I've thought the anointed BAMF has been terrible these last few games but I've never posted my frustrations on his horrible play lately. I didn't even want West to come back after the Miami series last year this is the perfect time for me to say, "see I told you we should have gotten rid of West."

    I'm genuinely tired of the Danny fans looking for our starting wings to have a bad game so they can thrust him into the starting lineup this is why PG gets blasted whenever he has a bad game Danny fans are mad it is his team now.
    1) Read LoneGranger33's posts throughout this forum. Ask anyone about him. He has been nominated several times as one of PD's most humorous posters along with MagicRat. Most of his posts are supposed to be taken as jokes. It was obvious that he wasn't serious on this post and no one took it seriously (except from you, I guess).

    2) I do remember you bashing West earlier this year. You're not doing it now but you weren't really happy about re-signing him as far as I recall.

    3) You're one of the posters that are going to bash Hill in the game threads.

    4) I have seen you bash Roy on occassion.

    5) You have not bashed Lance but you're not as high on him as most either. You're mostly neutral towards him.

    6) I think that our only bench player that has escaped your criticism is Scola but I'm not 100% sure about it.

    But you have every reason to have your favorite player. I cannot blame you for liking PG more than anyone else because PG is an amazing player that is going to lead us for several years. All I'm asking is to stop bashing our other players. PG is our best player and he doesn't need you to bash anyone to prove any point.

    Disclaimer:

    I'm not a Danny fan. You may not believe me but I don't care. It's the truth. I didn't even like Danny's game when I started following the Pacers. But all this criticism that Danny has received in this forum has made me look like a Danny fan. I'm just defending him from unfair criticism like I do with every other Pacer. It's simple.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #112
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,858

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah...I didn't post that in tonight's game thread. That's more than a little disingenuous.
    I know. I never said that it was from tonight's game thread. It was from the Nets game thread back in December 23. He asked me to find someone saying something negative about Danny in that game (in which he obviously played bad offensively) and I did that. I never implied that this was from tonight's game thread. Sorry if you got the wrong impression
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. #113
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,858

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He couldn't find a post from today or yesterday though but this happens "every day".
    Because he has played very well in the last few games. The only person that could bash him when he's playing good is you and you're not going to do that anymore because you're afraid of getting a suspension.

    Which is something that I will probably get as well if I keep up this discussion with you
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  18. #114

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    I am amazed people think we shouldn't have kept West......

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  20. #115

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    It seemed all Pacers starters stayed late to greet the New Year's eve

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle_eye For This Useful Post:


  22. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually they don't have years in Canada. They use the metric system.

    and that's no joke.

    the conversion that takes place on the distances to the 3pt arc and the width of the lane, throw AMERICAN players off. An unfair advantage.

    they should be banned from the league and their players scattered amongst AMERICAN teams where they are needed (Brooklyn - Lakers) to support the AMERICAN economy. (and tonight's loss expunged of course)

    Plus there are bigger issues. What do Canadians call an inchworm? And if you "give them a centimeter, they'll take a kilometer"? Come on, just doesn't sound right.

    2 national anthems?

    so much wrong here...

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:


  24. #117
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,972

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Toronto just played harder than we did tonight, and we looked a bit rusty and lethargic at points. With the holidays, it happens. Let's get the next one.

    On the bright side, DG showed quite a few flashes of vintage DG. He was taking the ball hard to the rim and not just settling for jumpers.

  25. #118
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,926

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Read LoneGranger33's posts throughout this forum. Ask anyone about him. He has been nominated several times as one of PD's most humorous posters along with MagicRat. Most of his posts are supposed to be taken as jokes. It was obvious that he wasn't serious on this post and no one took it seriously (except from you, I guess).

    2) I do remember you bashing West earlier this year. You're not doing it now but you weren't really happy about re-signing him as far as I recall.

    3) You're one of the posters that are going to bash Hill in the game threads.

    4) I have seen you bash Roy on occassion.

    5) You have not bashed Lance but you're not as high on him as most either. You're mostly neutral towards him.

    6) I think that our only bench player that has escaped your criticism is Scola but I'm not 100% sure about it.

    But you have every reason to have your favorite player. I cannot blame you for liking PG more than anyone else because PG is an amazing player that is going to lead us for several years. All I'm asking is to stop bashing our other players. PG is our best player and he doesn't need you to bash anyone to prove any point.

    Disclaimer:

    I'm not a Danny fan. You may not believe me but I don't care. It's the truth. I didn't even like Danny's game when I started following the Pacers. But all this criticism that Danny has received in this forum has made me look like a Danny fan. I'm just defending him from unfair criticism like I do with every other Pacer. It's simple.
    1) If I'm not mistaken that's the same guy who was dissing PG earlier in the season then claimed he wasn't a Danny fan because his real name is Danny Granger. If it is the same person then I have reason to believe it was not a joke.

    2) If West chokes in the playoffs again I'll scream for his head to be put on a silver platter.

    3) I like Hill against everyone except Miami, he's going to be the reason we lose that series if he lets Chalmers dominate him again.

    4) I only "bash" Roy in the game thread in the heat of the moment when he misses a bunny or doesn't dunk the ball. Like I said put Ian's legs on Roy and he'll be unstoppable.

    5) I think Lance can be a top 5 SG in this league one day, I'm super high on him.

    6) Only players I didn't like from the bench was OJ and Solo Hill because they sucked, they're not playing now so I have nothing bad to say about the bench.

    You kept saying that I am lying about Danny fans suggesting Lance or PG needs to sit down on the bench so Danny can start, if I am lying why did Peck say on one of his odd thoughts:

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So for the love of all that his holy can we put a stop to this endless idiotic bickering. If you’re a Danny fan like me, get over it. Our guy is at the end of his prime and even he himself has said his is just a role player, albeit a great one (at least in my mind). Stop talking about him starting over either of the above. For God’s sake Paul might be the MVP of the league and right now Lance is playing like an all star. Let’s just let Danny fit in and help win a title that he so richly deserves.
    The truth is it has been talked about on this board, maybe you missed it but Danny fans have been suggesting he start over PG or Lance when it was clear he was coming back from his injury.

  26. #119
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,926

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am amazed people think we shouldn't have kept West......
    So it's cool for the BAMF to miss wide open layups in game 7 of the ECF? Or let Shane Battier shut him down in the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 seasons ago?

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  28. #120

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    How can Roy only have a total of 5 rebounds in the past two games? Where is the effort from the big fella? He even admitted he would 'hear it' from coach after the Cavs game (2 boards). Hope he heard from Frank after the Raptors game for sure.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to AustinWind For This Useful Post:


  30. #121
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I asked him to show me a post from somebody criticizing poor DG on his bad game 3 games ago and he came up with your post from the game thread as "proof" that people hate on him on "every single game", I guess nobody can say anything about him anywhere or is considered hating.

    He couldn't find a post from today or yesterday though but this happens "every day".
    You asked him for proof from three games ago, he finds one, and it proves your point about how it's not every game?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  32. #122
    Member BlueCollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    97
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Let's just hope Warriors pound the Heat tomorrow so the latter don't close out on us. I really think that if and when they have the best record on East, theyre bot going to let it slip away.

    Is this really a team wanting that #1 seed? The game tonight proves they need more motivation. I am always positive about the Pacers but I'm not going to find excuses for their mistakes. 20+ turnovers, that's not going to win you many games. I know that Toronto picked up after Rudy Gay trade but they are the Pacers, the #1 team, expectations are on the high.

    This is the first time PG has let me down.

    Plus I know that this is a back to back, but if you can remember we won all three of our back to back to back last season. There is no excuse really.

    I'll just accept this loss and move on. I want them to bounce back next game. Pelicans are just as tough as the Raptors.
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollar For This Useful Post:


  34. #123
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    I gotta say, some of the reactions are like clockwork.

    25-6. I'll take it.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  36. #124
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,145

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The truth is it has been talked about on this board, maybe you missed it but Danny fans have been suggesting he start over PG or Lance when it was clear he was coming back from his injury.
    I'm going to take issue with this. I know there has been a Lance/Danny argument in the starting five, but I don't remember anyone ever even hinting that Danny Granger should start over Paul George.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  38. #125
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

    This forum would find a way to complain about the 48 games that the 1998 Yankees lost.

    It's the NBA. You can't ever take too much from a single game. Patterns are what matter.

  39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •