Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually they don't have years in Canada. They use the metric system.
    well, yeah that's what I'm saying. their "New Years" is probably in August or something.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Find me a post of somebody criticizing him when he sucked 3 games ago, somebody saying that he didn't look good doesn't count as criticizing the poor guy, I'll be here waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Danny the Chucker showing up so far.
    From the game thread. You are welcome
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For whatever reason, we don't match up well against Toronto. Forget it and move on to the next one, especially since its another team we've had trouble with in recent history thats going to come and give us their best shot.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    But I would hate to face Toronto in the playoffs, 3rd best team in the East imo. I would not be worried at all about losing to them, as with any other team in the East besides Miami, but they could make the games tough. They have some good players over there and there fans can get LOUD
    Toronto is no pushover, but this game was an aberration. If we came out from the tip with 100% effort and focus we would dominate this team.
    LeWade are going down.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    From the game thread. You are welcome
    You are proving my point you have to go to the game thread to find 1 post were somebody made 1 comment about Danny lol I bet I can find a post of somebody criticizing every player on that same game thread, I guess I should make up the "Roy Hibbert gets criticize all the time" bs because somebody says "damn Roy" on every game thread.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's the thing with the Danny criticism: vnzla has him in his crosshairs. So any critcism of Danny is going to explode just because a) vnzla beats his opinion into the ground and b) generates a lot of discussion/arguing by doing so. It is what it is.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    i wonder how much hibbert has to drink to get drunk
    Don't know about that, but I have heard that he will not let any beer spill out of a glass or even let any foam come up and dribble down the side of the glass. You know, because he protects the rim...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Jermaine O'Neal has probably logged more negative posts. Also, many of the posts about Danny are actually not anti-Danny. They are merely doubting that he returns to form or perhaps they consider Lance the better player. That's not even criticism of Granger. I think George Hill probably has more criticism at least in recent weeks.
    Yeah, if we're counting older players then JO and Artest (after his trade request) take the cake. But if we're talking about current players it's Danny and it isn't even close. When Danny was healthy, people would criticize him a lot. They would criticize him if we lost even though he played good. They would criticize him if he shot a poor percentage. They would criticize him if he didn't have any assists (even though our team traditionally didn't have high assists). He drew a lot of criticism and most of it was unwarranted.

It's true that Hill is being criticized a lot as well. Our PGs will get criticized no matter what because some people think that your PG must be Chris Paul or else you're toast for some weird reason. Darren Collison was heavily criticized when he was here and people would attack AJ Price as well. It was always our PGs and Danny that were criticized the most when I started posting in this forum in the lock-out season. This changed last year when Danny got injured and Roy got his big contract. Roy was struggling due to his injury and thus he became the whipping boy.

You see, people just need to find a whipping boy. I don't get it but that's just how some people are. When something goes wrong they will pile on someone and keep attacking him. And that's what grinds my gears. I have probably defended every single Pacer player in these forums because I just hate it when people keep attacking someone without a good reason.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Over PG? Seriously?????? No one was saying that. That's an obvious lie and I have no idea why you'd need to lie about that in order to make up a non-existent point.

Yes, some people did say that it could be better to start him over Lance. Most of this discussion, though, had to do about fit and not player quality. I was one the biggest proponents of the idea to use Lance as a 6th man and take advantage of his Manu-like ability to create for himself and others. This discussion was always about Lance for me. It was never about DG and I made it clear numerous times.

I really don't get you. Do you feel nice categorizing people as "Danny fans" and "George fans"? Do you take enjoyment out of it? Are you not happy being a Pacers fan? Because I'm a Pacers fan and I'm sick and tired of you criticizing every Pacer that is not called Paul George.
    Criticizing PG would be just over kill he gets enough crap from the Danny fans...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    So...does Danny take Lance or Paul's spot in the starting lineup?
    I guess I'm a liar though. So you're sick and tired of me not having a melt down because PG had a bad game. It's funny how you have nothing to say to people talking down on PG but his one defender you're sick and tired of.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    But I would hate to face Toronto in the playoffs, 3rd best team in the East imo. I would not be worried at all about losing to them, as with any other team in the East besides Miami, but they could make the games tough. They have some good players over there and there fans can get LOUD
    I don't know about being the 3rd best team, but they are my dark horse in the weak Eastern Conference. I am not worried about them though if ever they make the playoffs and face us. I just think that they are a lot better team than people realize.

Sports Logo

You are proving my point you have to go to the game thread to find 1 post were somebody made 1 comment about Danny lol I bet I can find a post of somebody criticizing every player on that same game thread, I guess I should make up the "Roy Hibbert gets criticize all the time" bs because somebody says "damn Roy" on every game thread.
    No, I am not proving your point. Yes, most players get criticized in the game thread. If the criticism starts being unfair then I will step in and do what I do with Danny as well. Some people bash Roy because he has trouble finishing lay-ups. I always comment on those posts and defend Roy. Some people said that Lance had a bad game yesterday which was not true and again, I did the same. George Hill is criticized a lot for no reason and it happened again tonight. But the volume is not the same.

It takes on missed 3 by Danny for people to call him a chucker. No other player in this forum is treated this way except for Green during last year.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

This a quality Raptors team after they got rid of Gay. But this loss is still inexcusable. Lack of effort and focus all around. I'm sure partying last night had something to do with it....

Future Finals MVP? boombaby1987's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    Actually they don't have years in Canada. They use the metric system.
    Underrated post.
    @qandrews9428

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    Criticizing PG would be just over kill he gets enough crap from the Danny fans...

I guess I'm a liar though. So you're sick and tired of me not having a melt down because PG had a bad game. It's funny how you have nothing to say to people talking down on PG but his one defender you're sick and tired of.
    I think you just take posts too seriously. Reading LG33's posts for a long time, many of them are just for fun.

Anyway, I just don't understand why people are just being too defensive of PG and/or Lance just because of one crappy game they played.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

I have to think this team was hung over from the flight and New Years Celebration last night. I'm not sure why they even have games on New Years Day. They all just looked alittle slow at everything, and this Toronto team as been killing it lately, they got alot of confidence now in beating the elite team in this league as of late.

Pacers always seem to struggle with super athletic wings like Derozan and Ross. Our Wings just are quick enough and when you dont' have the energy level, the length isn't going to make up for it.

Free Throws and Turnovers.....at the end of the day having a horrible game in both of these categories is an automatic loss. No excuse to missing that many FT's.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

It could be worse. We could be the Nets, leaving the court early and forcing Kidd to call a timeout to grab enough guys from the locker room to finish the game.

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Danny is criticized in every single game. Nothing new.
    I'm still waiting for the "every single game" proof, one post from this post game thread to prove this myth?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post

Yes, you are a liar. LoneGranger33 was being facetious in the post that you quoted and he said so himself afterwards. Thanks for using a facetious post to make your point. It just indicates how hollow it is.

You are not trying to defend PG. You're just trying to bash every Pacer that is not called PG. That's the difference.

When people were blaming PG after the Miami game, I did defend him. He was obviously not 100% and the same happened in the Charlotte game. His hand wasn't right. But he does deserve some blame for the Detroit game and this one. Josh Smith and DeMar DeRozan outplayed him and he's better than them.

But it's ok. It isn't an issue. It's only 2 games. No player can play perfectly for every single game. It's natural to have some bad games here and there and PG has been awesome this season. So, he is easily forgiven for two bad performances.

That's the difference here. Most people can recognize a poor performance and forgive it immediatedly because it happens to every player. That's not what you're doing by blaming every player that you don't like in almost every single game.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

I'm still waiting for the "every single game" proof, one post from this post game thread to prove this myth?
    Your post history can prove this "myth"

No, Danny wasn't criticized tonight because he had a good game but people still referred to imaginary "Danny fans".

When Danny was healthy and the first scorer of this team, wasn't he consistently criticized? Are you gonna deny that?

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

PG whined about calls to Candance. You played like **** Paul, own it.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Anyway, I just don't understand why people are just being too defensive of PG and/or Lance just because of one crappy game they played.
    Because they want to keep this "PG / Lance vs Danny" thing alive. That's why. They cannot appreciate that we have an amazing team and love it as it is.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    It could be worse. We could be the Nets, leaving the court early and forcing Kidd to call a timeout to grab enough guys from the locker room to finish the game.
    lol... at least Prohokorov got his money's worth from Kirilenko on that play...

WOW.

Last time I saw this happen was the Packers B.S. game against the Seahawks.

(As a lifelong Packer fan) I'll never forget that. Having to see my team walk back onto the field after having the worst call in the history of professional sports (arguably) go against you.

But THIS is just hilarious. The Nets are just a joke.

Sports Logo

Thank you for that, mate. Those referees were asses.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Somebody has to make a gif of Pop's reaction when he saw the Nets' bench was gone. That was priceless.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: