Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

Default Re: Pacers Raptors Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he means when he holds the ball in one hand on layups, and leaves his off hand free to clear space (an offensive foul obviously).
    The one play yesterday where that happen was very suspect. The side official was behind the play and probably couldn't have even seen it if it did happen. On the replay it did not look like he cleared space in my opinion.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    3) People complaining about professional athletes slacking off at work on an internet message board is just plain awesome.
    Amen to that

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    The one play yesterday where that happen was very suspect. The side official was behind the play and probably couldn't have even seen it if it did happen. On the replay it did not look like he cleared space in my opinion.
    Oh, it was pretty clear when it happened. The 1 replay they showed was the wrong angle. No doubt about it though.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I thought I remembered it was called for both of his offensive fouls, it was replayed and commented on for the second.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    He was chucking in that Nets game. I criticized him as I would criticize any player for poor play. How is that proof of anything in this case?
    I know. I never said that you had anything in particular against Danny. He was just trying to say that Danny isn't criticized when he plays bad and I disagreed with him and used that post of yours as proof. Again, I'm not trying to say that you criticize any player in particular unfairly. He just asked for a post in which Danny was criticized for the Nets game and I provided one. That's all.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    1) If I'm not mistaken that's the same guy who was dissing PG earlier in the season then claimed he wasn't a Danny fan because his real name is Danny Granger. If it is the same person then I have reason to believe it was not a joke.
    Define dissing PG.

2) If West chokes in the playoffs again I'll scream for his head to be put on a silver platter.
    When did West choked in the playoffs? He has put up 15+ PPG and 7.5+ RPG in both of his seasons as a Pacer in the playoffs.

3) I like Hill against everyone except Miami, he's going to be the reason we lose that series if he lets Chalmers dominate him again.
    Except that Chalmers has never dominated Hill. Most of the time they cancel each other out. Which is a win on Chalmers' part since Hill is better than him but that doesn't mean that he is dominating him.

4) I only "bash" Roy in the game thread in the heat of the moment when he misses a bunny or doesn't dunk the ball. Like I said put Ian's legs on Roy and he'll be unstoppable.
    Yeah but Roy doesn't have the natural athleticism that Ian has and that's why he cannot dunk the ball the way some fans want.

5) I think Lance can be a top 5 SG in this league one day, I'm super high on him.
    You're not as high as everyone else, though. When some people said that Lance is playing Paul George basketball after the Brooklyn game you responded with this:

I love lance but let's not get too crazy now
    Not saying that this isn't anything bad, of course. Just indicating that even though you do like him, you're not as high on him as most people are.

6) Only players I didn't like from the bench was OJ and Solo Hill because they sucked, they're not playing now so I have nothing bad to say about the bench.
    I think that I remember you saying something negative about Mahinmi but I'm not 100% sure so I will accept what you're saying.

You kept saying that I am lying about Danny fans suggesting Lance or PG needs to sit down on the bench so Danny can start, if I am lying why did Peck say on one of his odd thoughts:

The truth is it has been talked about on this board, maybe you missed it but Danny fans have been suggesting he start over PG or Lance when it was clear he was coming back from his injury.
    No. I said that you were lying about "Danny fans" suggesting that PG has to sit down on the bench so Danny can start. That never happened. Absolutely no one suggested this seriously. That's what you were lying about.

It's absolutely true that such a talk took place about Lance. It's also true that most of it revolved around fit. I have been very clear from the start that I want the ball in Lance's hands and that would be easier to do if he was a 6th man. But ever since the season started, Vogel has been absolutely brilliant with Lance. He is letting him function as a 6th man even though he's starting and that has allowed us to get the best of both worlds. Lance starting and Lance playing lots of minutes with the bench and creating for everyone. I wouldn't change anything at the moment.

In any case, I've had enough of it. Feel free to bash each on our players. It's your right after all. I cannot force you to appreciate this team so have at it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

If you don't think we should have resigned West, then you clearly need to learn some things about this team. No offense but West produced last season (17+ ppg) and he is our team leader, he is the heart and soul of the team, our young guys look up to him, and he is the main reason our locker room is so close. How the hell could you let that go?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    If you don't think we should have resigned West, then you clearly need to learn some things about this team. No offense but West produced last season (17+ ppg) and he is our team leader, he is the heart and soul of the team, our young guys look up to him, and he is the main reason our locker room is so close. How the hell could you let that go?
    He really does keep the younger guys grounded and has that physical presence you want in a PF. He probably is under-rated somewhat.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Last night was the first game in a long time where I questioned Frank's rotations. PG and Lance obviously weren't fully dialed-in, while DG was having arguably his best game of the season so far. I was disappointed Frank didn't let DG finish that game out. I thought he was in a "flow" and that he could have provided a much-needed spark. I even might have considered running DG and Scola at the 4/5 together for a stretch, since West was so lethargic and Hibbert was in foul trouble. For the way PG approached the game last night, 37 minutes was way too many for him. I would have liked to see Frank balance him and Danny at 30 each. We also didn't see Scola at all for the entire 3rd quarter. On the second night of a back-to-back, that shocked me. That deep bench that we all speak of wasn't fully utilized on a night when we probably needed it the most.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

Can't wait to see them play this team again on Tuesday. They should be plenty motivated to destroy them.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    and that's no joke.

the conversion that takes place on the distances to the 3pt arc and the width of the lane, throw AMERICAN players off. An unfair advantage.

they should be banned from the league and their players scattered amongst AMERICAN teams where they are needed (Brooklyn - Lakers) to support the AMERICAN economy. (and tonight's loss expunged of course)

Plus there are bigger issues. What do Canadians call an inchworm? And if you "give them a centimeter, they'll take a kilometer"? Come on, just doesn't sound right.

2 national anthems?

so much wrong here...

Yeah, you just can't trust a country who went away from a paper dollar to a dollar coin 20 years ago, or the decision to quit making pennies last year, or a country that has a $2 coin that uses it daily instead of their citizens hoarding their $2 bills for their kids and grandkids.

As far as National Anthems goes, Kate Smith singing GOD BLESS AMERICA is far superior to the present National Anthem the USA has no matter who sings it. JMOAA

Rob Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Schedule loss against a team on the rise. Disappointing, but not a huge deal. It happens.
    Going into that game Toronto was 8-3 since trading Gay. After Toronto won the game, they had a .500 record. They had been playing well, but still it was disappointing watching how this team lost the game. Looking forward to seeing how the team plays the next game.

I fail to see how that can be a sxhedule loss. Both teams had a flight and the Pacers had more rest

Y'all know me. Know how I do my postin'. I'll settle this debate for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad blood! Not like going down to the pub and talking man to man. This forum, swallow ya whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back the lurkers, that'll put all your regulars back on a payin' attention basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    1) Read LoneGranger33's posts throughout this forum. Ask anyone about him. He has been nominated several times as one of PD's most humorous posters along with MagicRat. Most of his posts are supposed to be taken as jokes. It was obvious that he wasn't serious on this post and no one took it seriously (except from you, I guess).
    Everything I post is meant to be taken seriously, and shame on you for suggesting otherwise. I am a fan of Danny Granger, and thus am not and can not be a fan of Paul George. If you've read my profile, seen my avatar, and decoded my cryptic username, then it's clear to you where my loyalties lie.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    LG33 is being the ribs that flip over Fred Flintstone's car and he's tearing this place apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Well, excuse me. Guess I've mistaken him for somebody else, somebody who gave a damn, somebody more like myself!
    These two, well, I don't know what to say. I don't appreciate the foolish games you guys play here. In fact, most of us have little patience for your malarkey, shenanigans or tomfoolery. The conversation has run dry - that's what's going on. Nothing's fine, I'm torn.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    I fail to see how that can be a sxhedule loss. Both teams had a flight and the Pacers had more rest
    It was on the schedule, and we lost. Schedule loss!

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post

We've had the rougher schedule so far (mainly from the West Coast road trip), but it does show just how razor-thin our margin for error is if we agree that the #1 seed is necessary to get to the finals.
    We don't agree that a #1 seed is necessary. It would be really really nice and it would make it easier, but that's not the definition of necessary.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    We don't agree that a #1 seed is necessary. It would be really really nice and it would make it easier, but that's not the definition of necessary.
    I know the team has made it a huge priority and has made it clear to the media, but I agree with you--I don't think the #1 seed is necessary to winning a title or beating the Heat. It would be nice, but I think this team can beat the Heat without home court advantage.